• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    In before, "Ah, other groups have tried to change the National Anthem before, this is totally normal behavior..."

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What do they suggest replacing it with?
    They haven't made it to the "develop a list of possible alternatives" step yet. They are stuck on, "Complain a lot, yell that it's racist because of racism." I'm not sure what's so objectionable, the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air, or that our flag was still there?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    They haven't made it to the "develop a list of possible alternatives" step yet. They are stuck on, "Complain a lot, yell that it's racist because of racism." I'm not sure what's so objectionable, the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air, or that our flag was still there?

A little backstory and context on the third stanza of the song, which did not make the cut as part of the Anthem.

storybreak stars<\/title><path d="M5.146 9.01l-.19-3.623 3.057 1.985.693-1.197-3.213-1.67 3.213-1.638-.693-1.197-3.056 1.953L5.147 0H3.76l.158 3.623L.893 1.67.2 2.867l3.214 1.638L.2 6.175l.693 1.197 3.025-1.985L3.76 9.01m21.386 0l-.19-3.623 3.057 1.9

ETA: not sure why the link looks like that, but it will take you to the article.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I would like for folks of their ilk, or of like mind, to actually author in under 10 pages what they would consider as completely acceptable rhetoric, policy, capital redistribution, perfect government form, monetary reparations, etc. I am sick of hearing about what they are AGAINST, because it seems like they are against EVERYTHING.

Just once I would like to hear something “they” are in favor of, or how “they” would propose that changes be made to improve things - other than just letting the government take over and control every facet of our lives.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Wow lol get rid of the national anthem, when it goes away this whole taking a knee thing will too and then Kaepernick can get a job... It's racitst and anti-black blah blah blah, even trying to look in the past their heads are so far up their asses they couldn't see behind them if they tried. Stuff is a joke. I also found it funny that the one guy they quoted as saying something positive about the national anthem was also quickly cited as Republican as well. :): Can't do anything but laugh!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Someone on the radio was suggesting that the new National Anthem could be the NWA song Eff the Police.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Although I don't think I'm likely to be confused with a leftist I actually support changing the NA. Sometimes we need to have a little empathy and walk in the shoes of some of our fellow citizens. Ask yourself how you would feel about that third stanza if it were you. I was unaware of it but after reading it I don't feel I can support keeping this as our NA. People may view this as succumbing to political correctness and I get that but, to me, this is just the right thing to do. I would like to see more people basing their decisions on what is right or wrong rather than what team you count yourself a member of. So let the dog pile begin.

I could support America the Beautiful but the Godless left would never allow that.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    13 Baltimore City High Schools, Zero Students Proficient in Math | WBFF. The problems the National platform should be addressing...........

There are many significant issues that need to be openly and honestly discussed. When I first saw the NFL protests of the NA I was, as a veteran, appalled. Later, although still greatly offended, I hoped that if a national discussion were to take place many of these issues could be discussed. Sadly, that's not the direction we're heading in. Everyone seems to have picked a side, as usual, and the only thing people want to do is sling arrows at the other side. The actual topic the NFL players wanted to bring to the national conscience has been lost in the noise. Now it has become just another issue to divide us. As if there aren't already enough of those.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Although I don't think I'm likely to be confused with a leftist I actually support changing the NA. Sometimes we need to have a little empathy and walk in the shoes of some of our fellow citizens. Ask yourself how you would feel about that third stanza if it were you. I was unaware of it but after reading it I don't feel I can support keeping this as our NA. People may view this as succumbing to political correctness and I get that but, to me, this is just the right thing to do. I would like to see more people basing their decisions on what is right or wrong rather than what team you count yourself a member of. So let the dog pile begin.

I could support America the Beautiful but the Godless left would never allow that.

Wait...there may be an unknown stanza to that or some racist backstory we're not aware of yet.

That controversial stanza is not in NA. The NA, as it is played and understood is not racist. Slavery is a part of our history...we should not celebrate it but remember it so that we don't repeat it. The SPB (as it's universally recognized) does not celebrate slavery but sings of what is good (among the bad) of America.

If that part was still in the song, I'd be more sympathetic. It's not, so can we go worry about some real issues that are actually affecting all of our lives instead of this contrived tempest in a teacup?

Top Bottom