• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Back in the news again over the debt issues and the election. The one thing I don't see in any of the big media stories is how staggeringly lucrative being in power must be for those privileged few in Illinois. From the news you would think that these folks were spending millions for the privileged of being captain of the Titanic. Must be a helicopter full of cash for them and their friends on this boat.

Always follow the money

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am really hoping that Pritzger gets elected and that every republican is defeated.

Did you say Titanic?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Were it not for corrupt Chicago politicians, going back over a hundred years, Illinois would be in much better shape. Really can't see this ever changing. From memory, I think the state debt on pensions (unfunded) exceeds 150 billion. The population is about 12 million. There are 7000 taxing bodies in Illinois, highest in the nation.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I live 2 miles from ILL, wife works there and our closest big town, church is there too. Heard on the radio that Tuscola? had to sell their ambulances to fund pension obligations. Always good when you sell assets to fund yearly expenses, guess fire trucks will go next year.

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    Pritzger is just another blowhard democratic liberal. If he's elected Illinois goes down in 2 years or less. Rauner has a least tried to control Madigan and his merry band of political bandits. It's an uphill battle against the decades old democratic machine. Chicago's ballooning civil servant pension debt is a problem that's got to be addressed. They've spent $175,000,000 in gunshot wounds and deaths so far this year. How about cleaning up Chicago, the biggest money pit in state, maybe the country.
    2017 Stats | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!

Last edited:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    This is what happens when public employee unions collectively bargain with............ Who exactly?

They don't bargain with a stakeholder as happens in the private sector. They "bargain" with bureaucrats (arms of the elected officials) who have no skin in the game other than getting re-elected. Why not give them everything they want when the chickens will come home to roost long after the elected officials/bureaucrats have all retired to FL with millions and collected their six figure pensions for life?

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I was forced to move to the state and left as soon as was possible. All of my real friends want to leave there. Saddest part was meeting people that grew up there. They have the thought that the way it is is the way it is. Most do not see anything wrong with the big picture. Republican verses Democrat: It is often hard to see a difference between the parties there. Unaccounted for spending is obscene.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have a vision of Pritzger, Madigan, Prekwinkle, Emmanuel &al running up the debt and raising taxes to around 93%, at which time the state will literally sink into the earth and form the sixth great lake with spotted islands of solvency.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Got a number of friends and family in the Communist state to our west. Many of them own farm found and are very nervous about just how Illinois is going to fund their buget

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Rauner is bad, I agree. However he started with good Ideas and tried to do things that would help Illinois. He was stopped at every turn by Madigan and the Democrats. He finally signed some semi- good mostly bad education legislation which is how the Democrats always marginalize someone who tries to oppose their agenda.

The best thing that can happen is for the dems to win everything and totally destroy the state.

Top Bottom