• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Trump administration interprets law as written = Trump is a bully and a punk.

I am sure a couple here will agree. Let's see how long it takes them to chime in.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To Philly Mayor Jim Kenney (D)..... You are the ignorant punk, and a disgrace to America!

Philly mayor calls Trump a 'bully' and 'punk' after decision to end residency program for Haitians

These folks have been here on TPS for almost eight years (quake was Jan 2010) without ever having to follow normal immigration channels. What I'm reading is that Haiti isn't 'fixed' yet. What I'm inferring is life in the USA is better than pre-quake Haiti and they like it very much

With so many loopholes, hardly anybody seems to be here through traditional immigration channels. Time to go home; if you want a better Haiti or Mexico or Guatemala etc, go help build it

Waiting to be told I'm racist because the people doing an end run around normal channels are overwhelmingly POC in 3 ... 2 ... 1

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So a temporary provision in immigration law which gave Haitians temporary status in the United States after an earthquake seven years ago was ended. How long did the Mayor expect this provision to stay?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Same with DACA, DREAMers, ME refugees etc. Temporary assistance that some want to be de facto permanent

The opportunities for virtue signaling at no cost to yourself are endless (everything done with other peoples money). Witness how they wail and gnash if FedGov wants to stop paying the bills

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Same with DACA, DREAMers, ME refugees etc. Temporary assistance that some want to be de facto permanent

The opportunities for virtue signaling at no cost to yourself are endless (everything done with other peoples money). Witness how they wail and gnash if FedGov wants to stop paying the bills
    It's like an addict.; This isn't a habit, I can stop this (temporary provision) any time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is this ruling the final death nail for taxis in NYC?

Have you seen some of our Taxi drivers.
    W are getting a lot of folks walking around here that are not from here. Obviously not from here.
    They are clustered in small groups through out the area. They are not assimilating. They have no intentions of same.
    Yes, please take them back to where ever they came from. Now. I would lay even money they are not here through channels.
    Call me whatever you will. They are not welcome as attitudes etc suck.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Post #5.....those who scream the loudest stand to be loosing the most.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think it odd that the president targets this particular population, given how small it is. I know a girl this applies to, whose husband recently died, who is a supervisor at Navient, and just recently had a baby. Her kid is American, she's still technically Haitian. Obviously her family will all be deported, and given that her husband's family did not "approve" of their marriage, if she's allowed to stay, which is a big "if," she'll be here by herself. I can't imagine, a how a skilled young woman who came here as a young teen, married a citizen, had a baby, then endured the death of her husband, could possibly survive in Haiti with a bi-racial kid. 60,000 people? Really? That's a make or break number?
    TPS is a program that shouldn't even exist. If you bring people from war torn, economically disadvantaged, or natural disaster area, and they see how comparatively easy it is to make a good life for themselves, they're not going to want to go back. If they're brought here legally, then in light of what I stated earlier, they should either be given the opportunity to stay, or they shouldn't have been extended the offer in the first place.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think it odd that the president targets this particular population, given how small it is. I know a girl this applies to, whose husband recently died, who is a supervisor at Navient, and just recently had a baby. Her kid is American, she's still technically Haitian. Obviously her family will all be deported, and given that her husband's family did not "approve" of their marriage, if she's allowed to stay, which is a big "if," she'll be here by herself. I can't imagine, a how a skilled young woman who came here as a young teen, married a citizen, had a baby, then endured the death of her husband, could possibly survive in Haiti with a bi-racial kid. 60,000 people? Really? That's a make or break number?
    TPS is a program that shouldn't even exist. If you bring people from war torn, economically disadvantaged, or natural disaster area, and they see how comparatively easy it is to make a good life for themselves, they're not going to want to go back. If they're brought here legally, then in light of what I stated earlier, they should either be given the opportunity to stay, or they shouldn't have been extended the offer in the first place.

Seems like they've had nearly eight years to apply for citizenship, why didn't they?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Of course, welcome.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident

you realize under a merit based immigration system, if she is that talented, she would be moved up to the front of the line?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Was the husband American? Is she employed, and has a necessary skill which her employer would like to sponsor her for? There are a number of avenues she had available in the past several years to lawfully remain in the United States.

Top Bottom