• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    That has been going on in Chicago for years.

Maybe 1994 early spring baseball cubs game. During this time period they raise bridges over the Chicago river to let the tall sailing ships out onto the lake. We thought it would be easy to take the off the main grid roads to the game.

we got lost a bit and pulled over for being white.

Cop “what are you boys from Indiana doing here?”. Driver “cubs game” cop “well the cubs don’t play in Cabrini–Green so you are going to turn around and follow me left twice. Then I will flash my lights and you will turn right.” Driver “ok” cop “nothing good is going to happen to you indiana white boys here”

Driver. “He did not even ask for my DL or reg.” Me “well follow him the heck out of here man” “Cabrini–Green is a place even this redneck knows we should be not in the area of”

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was told 10 years ago to not get out of my car in certain neighborhoods. Or walk down the street in broad daylight in front of cook county hospital.

guess random assaults isn't as bad as watching some cross a street when you're coming

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was told 10 years ago to not get out of my car in certain neighborhoods. Or walk down the street in broad daylight in front of cook county hospital.

guess random assaults isn't as bad as watching some cross a street when you're coming

We got this in Atlanta. And they were right.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    A wrong turn in Jamaica put my wife and I in the heart of Kingston. Taxi driver flagged us down and demanded we follow him back to the highway before we came up missing. Never got a name but may owe him my life.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We love Jamaica. Would not go out in Kingston or Montego Bay, but especially Kingston.

head over to Negril. We walked 3/4 mile on the road in the day to get to a bar we wanted to eat lunch at. Locals very friendly out there.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    When my wife and I were still in college, our first apartment was in a pretty seedy complex, and my license plate still had an out-of-county sticker. Never got pulled over, but I did have police follow me into the parking lot and not back out until I unlocked the door to the apartment. Day after we moved out, a guy was killed in his doorway in the next building, and the city eventually bought the place and tore it down.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    All depends on the whole story. By that I mean truth. Maybe the known perps were white. Mouthy young punks who have no respect tend to get under my skin and I’m sure I’ve said something I shouldn’t have said to them in the past. Maybe, just maybe, this isn’t a racial discrimination issue and simply an issue of foot in mouth.

I didn’t watch video and only glanced at article.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All depends on the whole story. By that I mean truth. Maybe the known perps were white. Mouthy young punks who have no respect tend to get under my skin and I’m sure I’ve said something I shouldn’t have said to them in the past. Maybe, just maybe, this isn’t a racial discrimination issue and simply an issue of foot in mouth.

Been there...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They were some disrespectful mouthy little bastards. Professionals still have to maintain composure and not say something stupid. Not sure why they were detained though. Selling crap at a pawn shop isn't a crime. But mouthy teenagers selling crap at a pawn shop could possibly raise suspicions. But detaining them? Not enough information given about that.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

You should watch the video. I would have been a lot more mouthy after that cop came storming up showing his ass.

I would have happily told him to **** off and I would have continued knowing how easily it got under his skin.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    "Somerville said in a statement, “Gomez admitted his words were poorly chosen and insensitive and he immediately regretted what he had said."

Bull****. He certainly showed regret immediately after saying it with the guy in the car.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You should watch the video. I would have been a lot more mouthy after that cop came storming up showing his ass.

I would have happily told him to **** off and I would have continued knowing how easily it got under his skin.

That's a really, really bad idea. There's a power dynamic at play here, and the non-cop is on the short end of the stick. It's unfortunate, but there ARE guys who will abuse the power discrepancy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why? Because he's a bully and I should be afraid of him?

Well maybe not you... but if it was my kid, I'd tell them to shut up, say "yes sir, no sir," stay there until allowed to leave, and to tell me about it when they got home.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

giphy.gif

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Quite honestly, I started reading the article prepared to get pissed, but after reading, my conclusion was pretty much this ^^ Headlines are written the way they are for a reason.

Top Bottom