• ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    O said no when he had his chance....

What will Trump do? I hope we help the good guys this time!

Maybe we should mind our own business for a change?
    I'm not really sure we've tilted the balance beam in favor of the good guys just yet.
    When you enter into any engagement it's nice to be able to tell the players without a score card. That ain't gonna happen anywhere in that oil stained litter box. Ever.
    Hearts and minds are great and I like the policy but there are times that's not an option.
    I still think (personal opinion only) we ought to mind our own business.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This could possibly be spun as an "Iranian Spring," a successful outgrowth of the Obama Nuclear Deal.

You people are not trying hard enough.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not really sure we've tilted the balance beam in favor of the good guys just yet.
    When you enter into any engagement it's nice to be able to tell the players without a score care. That ain't gonna happen anywhere in that oil stained litter box. Ever.
    Hearts and minds are great and I like the policy but there are times that's not an option.

There's a novel idea.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Tiananmen Square, I was hoping for the end of China as we knew it, Death of Khomeini, I was ready to celebrate the end of Iran as we knew it (They were close enough together I threw a party for the Squadron). I won't be holding my breath this time.

We still don't have a budget and a defense authorization bill in place, we are facing the crazy Norks and an expansionist China and Russia...I wish them well but I hope they are planning on solving their own problems for a change.

I could certainly see us finding a reason for helping as they are our next NK nuclear problem thanks to Carter and a big fat pallet of money by big eared O.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Tiananmen Square, I was hoping for the end of China as we knew it, Death of Khomeini, I was ready to celebrate the end of Iran as we knew it (They were close enough together I threw a party for the Squadron). I won't be holding my breath this time.

We still don't have a budget and a defense authorization bill in place, we are facing the crazy Norks and an expansionist China and Russia...I wish them well but I hope they are planning on solving their own problems for a change.

I could certainly see us finding a reason for helping as they are our next NK nuclear problem thanks to Carter and a big fat pallet of money by big eared O.

You do know that money was legally the govt of Iran's right? I mean, it's not like the United States sold weapons to Iran to fight against an ally... oh wait.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Regardless of how this turns out, I'm confident there are many in Iran who are friendly to us.

In the mid to late 1970's when I was at IU Bloomington, there were many Iranian students there.
    This was in the days of the Shah (who was a bad guy), but Iran was much more westernized than today.
    The Iranian students I crossed paths with were westernized, and made the effort to fit in and be Americanized.

They often had protests outside of Ballentine Hall against the Shah.
    They wanted full western style freedoms like we have here, and I NEVER heard any talk of wanting an Islamic type government.
    They usually had bags over their heads as they feared being identified and heir families back home being persecuted by the Shah's government.

Then the Ayatollah Khomeini came out of exile and returned to Iran and took over, and Iran went out of the frying pan into the fire.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When you enter into any engagement it's nice to be able to tell the players without a score care. That ain't gonna happen anywhere in that oil stained litter box. Ever.
    Some there have the same opinion about their own country, it seems.

There is also anger at Iran's interventions abroad. In Mashhad, some chanted "not Gaza, not Lebanon, my life for Iran", a reference to what protesters say is the administration's focus on foreign rather than domestic issues.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    You do know that money was legally the govt of Iran's right?

Don't care, not a bit, the big eared one gave cash to support a regime that pays for terrorist actions against us...is our professed enemy...chants death to us at every turn. Flock them, I'd have burned the cash before I gave it back or found a way to give it to every dissident group in Persia; or better yet bought a stack of weapons for Israel and Taiwan.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    You do know that money was legally the govt of Iran's right?
    And the IEDs which killed possibly 500 soldiers,disabled 1800 or more,and cost the military 75 million to fight them,had Irans fingerprints all over them.Yea,you can have YOUR money friend......right.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don't care, not a bit, the big eared one gave cash to support a regime that pays for terrorist actions against us...is our professed enemy...chants death to us at every turn. Flock them, I'd have burned the cash before I gave it back or found a way to give it to every dissident group in Persia; or better yet bought a stack of weapons for Israel and Taiwan.

What terrorist actions?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What terrorist actions?

Houthi rebels fire 2 missiles at US Navy destroyer in Red Sea | Fox News
    Houthi rebels fire 2 missiles at US Navy destroyer in Red Sea

Now where would you suppose a largely tribal insurgent group would get anti-ship missiles?
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...owned-a-houthi-fired-missile-bound-for-riyadh
    Saudis Say They Downed A Houthi-Fired Missile Bound For Riyadh

And where might they get short range ballistic missiles to fire at our allies or perhaps American bases? Perhaps from their own personal state sponsor of terrorism?

Selective amnesia? Don't follow the news in the ME?

Top Bottom