• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    I am a pretty calm person but my blood is boiling with what is going on with Hasbro, the toy/game company. Recently it came to light that Hasbro's Wizards of the Coast subsidiary (makers of Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering) is refusing to run simple child predator background checks on its staff of judges. These are people who are put in a position of authority over children at the tournaments they host around the world including one in a few weeks at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.

Here is a video from one of the gaming vloggers who broke the story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp7EtTwRecc&t=39s

Since the posting of the video concerned citizens identified numerous convicted child predators in the highest ranks of the judges staff. And to make it worse, the head of the judges pool is an alleged spouse abuser! Here is a video discussing just the first ones identified: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lnD21sHuWA

Essentially, Wizards of the Coast is allowing these people to travel to other states and countries under their program thereby bypassing the protections Megan's Law affords for notifying parents.

Now here is the part which really gets me. Wizards of the Coast recently became a major promoter of the Seattle Pride Parade: Epicstream

I have no issues with this, they have a first amendment right to voice their opinion and advocate for their beliefs. But what they also did is try to ban gun owners from participating in the event while bringing in anti-gun groups to march with them including the radical Alliance for Gun Responsibility. They are the chief group pushing for more background checks, bans, and confiscations in Seattle: https://gunresponsibility.org/2018-legislative-agenda-laws/

So, we have a company here who is for background checks and bans for gun owners but not for child predators. What sense does this make? Even worse, they recently banned the vlogger in the first video above for previously speaking out against some people who were targeting youth for money claiming it was harassment. They also have said he is not welcome at the Indiana Convention Center where he was scheduled to appear. There is a petition to get him and a pro-player who stood up for him reinstated: https://www.change.org/p/hasbro-wizards-of-the-coast-must-reinstate-travis-woo-jeremy-hambly

If you want to take action by calling Hasbro or Wizards of the Coast on this issue, please be polite. The people running the service center do not agree with their company stance but are forced to deal with the outcome of these management decisions.

I would love to hear ideas on how we could encourage them to run the judges scheduled for the Indianapolis event through screening. Hundreds have called them about the issue and they simply refuse to do so. The details for the event are here: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/organized-play/2018-grand-prix-details-2017-07-20

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    In about 48 hours since origional report about a dozen offenders have been identified. And they keep rolling in.

https://youtu.be/03ucFqzmCzU

Any ideas? I know there are a lot of Indianapolis Metro officers on this board. Do you have thoughts? If we got a list of judges would IMP run checks?

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    If numerous complaints were called in, I believe they (law enforcement agency) have an obligation to check it out. At least it was that way when I worked the road.

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    If numerous complaints were called in, I believe they (law enforcement agency) have an obligation to check it out. At least it was that way when I worked the road.

Thanks for the constructive reply. I do fear something bad may happen. Emotions are running high among players who are parents as shown in this video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=B8d1tIGaNis

Problem is, Wizards of the Coast is a Renton/Seattle based company and rumor has it that many employees were big supporters of disgraced Mayor Ed Murray who resigned over child sex abuse. So for many of them this behavior may be viewed as socially acceptible. The judges program is even structured in a way to support it. Judges travel to other states thereby avoiding any protection Megan's Law provides. And judges are compensated in expensive product rather than cash so no financial paper trail exists and Hasbro can say they were volunteers and therefore have no responsibility for their actions. There is even a lawsuit on this issue: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...ve-to-be-paid-as-a-magic-the-gathering-judge/

It is frustrating to those involved that there appears no way to protect children in our own taxpayer funded state convention center.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    After doing some thinking I believe a mountain is being made of a molehill.

Magic judges are NOT in a supervisory role of any kind. These events aren't targeted at children. I know adults play as well. The judges are not alone with the kids.

In the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts troop leaders are alone and in supervisory positions with their wards. They all have to pass background checks. I confirmed this information with a friend who is a troop leader.

However, when you go to a church event that may have dozens of volunteers helping with a fundraiser they are NOT required, nor is it expected, to pass any sort of background check. They are out in the parking lot running the stand or helping with all of the events in an open and public area, just as Magic judges are doing in the open at many of these tournaments. Could a Magic judge find themselves alone with a kid? Sure, but so could any pedophile who just wanted to hang out at a tournament. They don't have to be a judge to do that.

The judges are not alone with the kids who are there. The tournaments aren't even targeted toward children. There are people from probably 8 to 60 who play Magic. It is unrealistic to expect every volunteer at every event that might have children attending along with adults to pass background checks.

When someone has been convicted of any sort of child sexual abuse WotC removes them immediately.

This last year I and my friends volunteered at the INGO/DNR Winnemac outdoor shoot. Were the organizers so horrible that they didn't require my buddy who cooked the burgers to pass a background check? What about all the guys who were standing RIGHT NEXT to little kids on the range?:scared: You know, they could have touched the kids in an inappropriate way!:runaway:

No, my friends, I think this is much ado about nothing. You're getting worked up over something in this nanny state society. Relax. Enjoy the game.

Regards and Happy New Year,

Doug

PS - I wish I would have bought a LOT more black onyx's way back!!!:(

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    After doing some thinking I believe a mountain is being made of a molehill.

Magic judges are NOT in a supervisory role of any kind. These events aren't targeted at children. I know adults play as well. The judges are not alone with the kids.

These events are targetted to children. About 25% are under 18. And, in fact, Wizards has pushed the narrative of younger players in all their recent PR.

Dana Fischer is an amazing (and adorable) 6-year-old 'Magic' pro

I respectfully disagree as to the threat level as do the abuse victims now coming forward who are active in the game. Given that one of the judges exposed is now in prison for abusing a kid at the gaming store it doesnt seem responsible to be dismissive of the danger. This video from an ex-judge explains how this can play out:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TUl_vrEfUps

There is a reason every other competitive card game requires basic background checks of its judges.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    These events are targetted to children. About 25% are under 18. And, in fact, Wizards has pushed the narrative of younger players in all their recent PR.

Dana Fischer is an amazing (and adorable) 6-year-old 'Magic' pro

I respectfully disagree as to the threat level as do the abuse victims now coming forward who are active in the game. Given that one of the judges exposed is now in prison for abusing a kid at the gaming store it doesnt seem responsible to be dismissive of the danger. This video from an ex-judge explains how this can play out:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TUl_vrEfUps

There is a reason every other competitive card game requires basic background checks of its judges.

"
    These events are targetted to children. About 25% are under 18." So this means that 75% are over the age of 18, with a game no less. Seems to me that this is more of an adult game than children, right? And as such of course WotC will want to market to other, younger audiences. It's a good business move, but that doesn't mean that WotC is in any way culpable for "drawing" child molesters in.

A ranting putz on Youtube, without any unbiased verification is your source? Please... I know you mean well but this is not the subject to waste emotional energy on.

Again, judges are NOT in any way in a supervisory roll over the children. They are NOT left alone with them. They are NOT depended on to be babysitters. They have NO authority outside of game rules.

I also challenge the notion that "every" other game requires background checks. Prove it. With EVERY one!

You're getting wound up by goobers on Youtube. These seem to be all of your sources, none of which by the way can be verified by any objective standards. They refer to other goobers on Youtube as their sources. Let's get an interview with a LEO who has actually handled a real-world, verifiable case. An investigative journalist who has spent monthes talking to many people ON BOTH SIDES to give a better view. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

And if a judge at some gaming store did attack a child this is horrible. I hope he goes away forever. But that doesn't call for WotC and/or Hasbro to waste money on this. Here in Fort Wayne, like many cities, we have an annual marathon and "Fort for Fitness" walk/run. It has hundreds of volunteers. I'm certain one or two may actually have been convicted of a crime, just by statistics. This doesn't mean that every city that uses volunteers in a public event is negligent if they don't run background checks on everyone. And there isn't a hobby or profession that doens't have some bad apples in it. That doesn't mean the entire hobby has to jump through hoops about it either.

Caveat: IF WotC did not expel known, convicted abusers THEN I would see a problem.

You're getting sucked into a paranoid, nanny state mentally. Resist!

Doug

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN

"
    These events are targetted to children. About 25% are under 18." So this means that 75% are over the age of 18, with a game no less. Seems to me that this is more of an adult game than children, right? And as such of course WotC will want to market to other, younger audiences. It's a good business move, but that doesn't mean that WotC is in any way culpable for "drawing" child molesters in.

The game is targeted at 13 year olds according to executives of the company. The reason tournaments skew older is because it is 25 years old so player base has grown over time.

A ranting putz on Youtube, without any unbiased verification is your source? Please... I know you mean well but this is not the subject to waste emotional energy on.

No. The sources are police records, Megan's Law filings, and MTG Judge records. The story will be hitting the popular news cycle in the coming two week. Lou Colagiovanni, the investigative journalist who brought down Congressman Anthony Wiener, and Charles C. Johnson, the person who took down rolling stones for $1.65 million for rape hoax story, announced they are covering the story. We are just trying to get ahead of it since Indy is next place scheduled.

I also challenge the notion that "every" other game requires background checks. Prove it. With EVERY one!

I didn't say "every". I said "every other competitive". Review the stories and you will see an examination of policies for Pokemon and the other similar competitive games. In many countries it is required of all games and Magic the Gathering follows those polices there. Pokemon is the largest competitor and it was in fact run by Wizards of the Coast for years.

Caveat: IF WotC did not expel known, convicted abusers THEN I would see a problem.

This is exactly what is happening. Convicted sex offenders have been allowed to enter the judges program after conviction. That is the entire point. And it isn't just for child sex offenders. The same is happening for domestic abuse. Here is the latest case with policy statement: https://blogs.magicjudges.org/canada/2017/12/07/statement-de-certification-of-canadian-l3/

You're getting sucked into a paranoid, nanny state mentally. Resist!

That is funny. :): I have been a member of the Libertarian Party for 29 years. I have held numerous county positions, been a statewide candidate, and delegate to national on multiple occasions including helping write a party plank. So I know a little bit about libertarianism and the nanny state. Protecting kids from predators is the libertarian thing to do.

I know you mean well. You are projecting that I am somehow calling for an expansion of state power. To be clear, I am not asking that new laws be put into place. I am asking that our tax dollars not be used to support a company which is putting children at risk. I am asking law enforcement to arrest violent people who are violating their parole terms. I am letting people know about the situation so that they can make a voluntary decision to boycott buying their products.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    If an adult volunteers in any capacity with Indianapolis Public Schools or nationally in any capacity with Little League or Scouting, a background check is required.

In a paid capacity, I can’t imagine how any employer wouldn’t run a check on those who work with children.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    "The game is targeted at 13 year olds according to executives of the company. The reason tournaments skew older is because it is 25 years old so player base has grown over time."

Link? Even if true, which I don't concede, they're simply trying to bring in a younger audience that will buy their product over time. Just like firearms companies. Just like many companies.

"No. The sources are police records, Megan's Law filings, and MTG Judge records. The story will be hitting the popular news cycle in the coming two week. Lou Colagiovanni, the investigative journalist who brought down Congressman Anthony Wiener, and Charles C. Johnson, the person who took down rolling stones for $1.65 million for rape hoax story, announced they are covering the story. We are just trying to get ahead of it since Indy is next place scheduled."

Lou and Charles? Not what I would call professional journalists in any way. They blog. They might do their own webpage and call it news, but that doesn't make it news. They are not credible in any way. Muckrakers without ethics or scruples. And yes, this is an ad hominem attack.

Lou Colagiovanni: Friend: Sydney Leathers in sexting scandal 'idealized' Weiner - CNNPolitics

Charles C Johnson: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...of-virginia-president/?utm_term=.4cec73e0c10b

"I didn't say "every". I said "every other competitive". Review the stories and you will see an examination of policies for Pokemon and the other similar competitive games. In many countries it is required of all games and Magic the Gathering follows those polices there. Pokemon is the largest competitor and it was in fact run by Wizards of the Coast for years."

I'm not going to quibble over this, but you DID say "every". Exact quote: "
    There is a reason every other competitive card game requires basic background checks of its judges." Obviously we're talking about competitive group tournaments, so that goes part and parcel with the "...other competitive..." And other countries have much bigger nanny states than we do. I don't care what other countries do or don't do.

"This is exactly what is happening. Convicted sex offenders have been allowed to enter the judges program after conviction. That is the entire point. And it isn't just for child sex offenders. The same is happening for domestic abuse. Here is the latest case with policy statement: https://blogs.magicjudges.org/canada/2017/12/07/statement-de-certification-of-canadian-l3/ "

I don't care about blogs, youtube videos, or whoever the conspiracy nut is that Kirk often quotes. Show me a REAL news link to anyone credible! Time, Newsweek, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Fox, MSNBC, Bloomberg, ANYONE that isn't a blogger or youtuber. They're all biased, I concede that, but they're far more credible than goober on youtube or whackjob on blog. Bloggers and youtubers aren't real journalists who understand how to investigate a story. Real journalists spend their time and money cultivating sources, understand how to keep confidentiality, and most importantly verify with second or third sources an alleged fact before running with it. Bloggers and youtubers don't do that.

"That is funny. :): I have been a member of the Libertarian Party for 29 years. I have held numerous county positions, been a statewide candidate, and delegate to national on multiple occasions including helping write a party plank. So I know a little bit about libertarianism and the nanny state. Protecting kids from predators is the libertarian thing to do.

I know you mean well. You are projecting that I am somehow calling for an expansion of state power. To be clear, I am not asking that new laws be put into place. I am asking that our tax dollars not be used to support a company which is putting children at risk. I am asking law enforcement to arrest violent people who are violating their parole terms. I am letting people know about the situation so that they can make a voluntary decision to boycott buying their products.
    "

I never said you were or are trying to expand the state, but I do believe you're falling into the paranoid rantings of onliner bloggers and youtubers who can't accept that the WotC judges have no supervisory power over the kids that are playing. They're not left alone with them, they're not driving them to and from the game, they're in a big open room with many other people. Could a judge molest a kid there? Sure they could, but a Magic tournament is NO different from any other large gathering and the judges aren't given special access to young players. If you truly are advocating for the volunteer judges to pass background checks, then you are also calling for this at every church fundraiser, every democratic, republican, libertarian fundraiser, everywhere all the time that people are interacting with kids in any way. Is this what you really want?

You say you're wanting LEO to arrest violent people who are violating their parole terms. GREAT! Then be specific about exactly who at the next convention is on parole and how they are violating it.

I write posts on a forum, right here. I try to link to other sources so it isn't just my opinion but contributing to a believable post. However, I in NO way write like I would if I wrote for the News Sentinel or the Journal Gazette. As a real journalist I would have to verify every news story with a primary source of information. That means someone with firsthand, direct knowledge of an issue. Then I would need to verify it with another primary source just to make certain I'm not getting someones personal opinion. Then I would need to seek out someone who disagreed with my first two (2) sources, if possible, to look at the downside. Finally I would be able to write my story in as unbiased a manner as I could presenting the public with both sides of a story for them to decide for themselves what to think.

Bloggers and youtubers (along with others) use very emotional stories and ramp them up to improve their hits, views and distract the reader from little things called facts, that lead to truths. And those truths might not be so great and mighty under close scrutiny. That is what I believe has happened with this alleged story.

Doug

PS - And since you want to throw around bona fides about Libertarianism...

Doug Horner
    Founding member Allen County Libertarian Party
    Former Secretary, Allen County Libertarian Party
    Former Vice Chairman,
    Allen County Libertarian Party
    Former Chairman,
    Allen County Libertarian Party
    Former 3rd District State Representative of the Indiana Libertarian Party
    Former Host and Producer of the Television Program, "The Libertarian Perspective" (We won the Philo T Farnsworth award for best nonprofessional production in four states)
    Former Host and Produce of the Television Program, "Libertarians at Large" (one was live, one was recorded)
    Former winner of some Indiana State Libertarian Award for outreach (it's been too many years to remember what)

And none of that makes me any better or worse than any other free thinking human being.

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    If an adult volunteers in any capacity with Indianapolis Public Schools or nationally in any capacity with Little League or Scouting, a background check is required.

In a paid capacity, I canÂ’t imagine how any employer wouldnÂ’t run a check on those who work with children.

As stated above, Hasbro doesn't technically consider them employees. They spun off judges program to a not-for-profit and compensate them with product. This arrangement skirts the employee laws since they aren't being paid in cash. See link on employment lawsuit above. We are asking the judges program to implement background checks into their policy. That is what they are resisting and what we are trying to get changed.

We want to 'encourage' them to step up on the issue. As you point out it is common practice. We don't know the exact judges who are going to be at the Indy event. Since the story broke the names of the sex offenders made public are being scrubbed from the judges website. Their credentials haven't been suspended, just all mentions of them in the past removed. For example, the below shows the archive image of anniversaries announcement vs the scrubbed one updated this week with Ross Prajzner's name removed.

DSPKKtXWkAEP-Pa.jpg

He pled guilty to the charges in 2014 and faced seven to fourteen years in prison but from news reports apparently the judge chose to let him participate in an out treatment program after three months followed by four years probation and registry on the offenders list. I am ok with that since he is getting treatment. But he shouldn't be allowed around children during that probation period.

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/north-penn/articles/montgomery-twp-man-22-faces-7-to-14-years-in-p
    Montgomery Township man headed to jail for possessing child porn

These are the type of cases we are dealing with. It is neither good for the safety of the children nor for the mental health and therapy of the offending judge. My guess is that the identified offenders are going to be unofficially suspended and not be at Indy. So that is good. But there are all the ones which we don't know about yet. Remember the ones found were just from concerned people who brought them forward because they were concerned about them being around children. It is not from a systematic check of all judges.

Hope that explains what the issue is OutdoorDad. I appreciate the constructive comment and would like to hear any additional thoughts you have.

Last edited:

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    As stated above, Hasbro doesn't technically consider them employees. They spun off judges program to a not-for-profit and compensate them with product. This arrangement skirts the employee laws since they aren't being paid in cash. See link on employment lawsuit above. We are asking the judges program to implement background checks into their policy. That is what they are resisting and what we are trying to get changed.

We want to 'encourage' them to step up on the issue. As you point out it is common practice. We don't know the exact judges who are going to be at the Indy event. Since the story broke the names of the sex offenders made public are being scrubbed from the judges website. Their credentials haven't been suspended, just all mentions of them in the past removed. For example, the below shows the archive image of anniversaries announcement vs the scrubbed one updated this week with Ross Prajzner's name removed.

DSPKKtXWkAEP-Pa.jpg

He pled guilty to the charges in 2014 and faced seven to fourteen years in prison but from news reports apparently the judge chose to let him participate in an out treatment program after three months followed by four years probation and registry on the offenders list. I am ok with that since he is getting treatment. But he shouldn't be allowed around children during that probation period.

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/north-penn/articles/montgomery-twp-man-22-faces-7-to-14-years-in-p
    Montgomery Township man headed to jail for possessing child porn

These are the type of cases we are dealing with. It is neither good for the safety of the children nor for the mental health and therapy of the offending judge. My guess is that the identified offenders are going to be unofficially suspended and not be at Indy. So that is good. But there are all the ones which we don't know about yet. Remember the ones found were just from concerned people who brought them forward because they were concerned about them being around children. It is not from a systematic check of all judges.

Hope that explains what the issue is OutdoorDad. I appreciate the constructive comment and would like to hear any additional thoughts you have.

I think I get the issue. And am firmly in your camp.

There isnt another volunteer organization that I’m aware of that would allow it.

In fact, Indy has a mandated offender meeting each year on the evening of 10/31. Which keeps the kids off creepy porches.

I think you should lean on them harder. And maybe lean on the convention center as well. Ask about their controls to keep judges and players out of quiet corners during the event.

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    Thank you to everyone who sent emails/PMs/texts with words of encouragement on this. It was quite heartwarming.

The news stories started breaking yesterday beginning with the gaming and social commentary press. It takes the journalists some time as they have to vet each case they want to use as an example in the article. So the early ones will be less detailed and the size of them will grow over the coming week. Although, even the early ones are providing quite a bit of detail, for example:

https://gamegeek.gg/22825/magic-the-gathering-has-predators-allegedly/
    Magic The Gathering has an alleged Pedo problem!

magic-the-pedo.jpg

and

https://www.dangerous.com/39950/magic-the-gathering-has-a-pedophile-problem-that-no-one-wants-to-acknowledge/
    Magic: The Gathering Has a Pedophile Problem That No One Wants to Acknowledge

A couple people wanted to know how broad this issue is. To date, there have been over 20 serious leads provided by concerned people and 10 or 11 have been absolutely confirmed (e.g. via photo ID). The ones not confirmed are primarily either in countries where sex offender registries are not open to the public or are part of pending investigations. Below is the latest video detailing the results. Please remember that this isn't the result of a systematic check of all judges. These are just the ones concerned people sent in to the leads email address. Some speculate the end number could approach one hundred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omaEVz9Y0hA

Another asked how high up in the judges community this goes. Unfortunately, it looks like it goes all the way to the top. It was just discovered that a level 4 Judge (world class judge over entire country/region) is currently finishing his term in jail for assaulting young girls and is slated to return sometime this year.

Paedophile Carl Crook from Honiton in Devon jailed for abusing girl in Thame and High Wycombe | Bucks Free Press

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articl...rld-championshipspictures-judge-staff-2000-01

Another asked what the danger could be if others are present at the tournament. It isn't always the case that others are around. In fact judges can use their authority to isolate players. But even if that doesn't happen the danger is still real. For example, it was just discovered that cameras were being placed in the bathroom of one game store and the owners circulated the images of the children. But probably what is most dangerous is that these people use the game to build a rapport with the children and then use phone, email, etc to recruit them separately. Several examples have been found. Below is a news story about how one judge and game store owner operated. I have been told (cant confirm as records were taken down) that this judge was a regular at the Indianapolis gaming conventions like the one coming up this month.

Owner of Snap Keep Games in McHenry indicted for criminal sexual abuse against 15-year-old customer: Police | Northwest Herald

Another asked what can we do until checks are put in place. It was recently discovered that the anti-child abuse organizations were aware of the situation but didn't have the information to act. But one did put out a guide as a question submitted to them. It helps children identify the dangers from predators specifically within Magic the Gathering community. Please pass this on to any parent you know whose kids are involved in the game:

How can I teach my naïve 14 year old the signs of a sexual predator? | Stop It Now

Last edited:

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    It disheartens me to report that today we believe to have uncovered the first child murder related to a Magic the Gathering organizer and game store manager. The person involved allegedly murdered a boy in 1984. This was before becoming involved in magic the gathering. But in 1985 he was found to have molested a child. Despite this, in the 1990s and early 2000s he was allowed to manage a game store and card events because no background checks were used. In 2002 he pleaded guilty to four felony child sexual assault charges after an embezzlement investigation led police to discover them. Now years later he has been tied to the murder. Here are the details: No plea as suspect in Fairfield child?s 1984 death returns to Solano County courtroom

How was he able to commit these crimes? A player from that time relates his encounter with this person:

DS-HmYMX4AIShjK.jpg:large

Last edited:

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    WE DID IT!

Yesterday Wizards of the Coast and their Judges organization acknowledged the issue and announced that from this point forward they were voluntarily implementing the requested background check policy for all stores and tournaments. I have confirmed with ChannelFireball, the tournament organizer for Grand Prix events, that this includes the one in Indianapolis this coming weekend.

Here is the official announcement from Wizards of the Coast. It is being covered by all the major gaming press (e.g. epicstream) and I understand local ABC affiliates are also preparing to cover it.

I believe it was the work by investigative journalist Lou Colagiovanni which finally lit the fire under Wizards of the Coast. For those who don't know, Lou was the one who broke the story on then Congressman Anthony Weiner, spouse of top Hillary Clinton Aide Huma Abedin, sexting unsolicited nude photos to a woman in Evansville IN. This ended Weiner's career in congress and also contributed to Clinton's later loss in the presidential elections as classified government emails were found hidden on his computer. Lou is also well known for his coverage of 2nd amendment cases including concealed carry license holders stopping crimes, for example: Armed Customer Takes Down Man Who Tried to Rob Entire Restaurant at GunpointArmed Customer Takes Down Man Who Tried to Rob Restaurant

Lou detailed in step-by-step analyses just a few cases gathered by noted gaming personality Jeremy Hambly of Unsleeved Media. Jeremy had opened an email address where people could anonymously provide tips which were then investigated by a group of other magic the gathering players concerned about this issue (which is how I became involved). In the article
    Magic: Sex Crimes Lies and Elaine Chase Lou proved an active coverup of these incidents were taking place by Wizards of the Coast staff, magic the gathering judges, and game store staff.

There is even more good news, harassers were stopped. Jeremy Hambly was the subject of large scale harassment attacks. This included death threats against him and his wife as well as, postings on social media showing his house location with calls for arson and SWOTing. One person involved has been unmasked and is facing charges from police as well as scrutiny from FBI for his ties to Antifa groups. It turns out that he is a pro magic the gathering player and therefore has direct ties to Wizards of the Coast. One of Jeremy's youtube channels where he primarily presented the evidence was also the subject of False Flagging (allegedly by members of the judges group) and was suspended by youtube. However, after Wizards of the Coast released their statement these flags against his channel were removed and is in the process of being reinstated.

And that isn't the best news. Jeremy's coverage of the topic led to many players reaching out to him. One was a young player actively being stalked by a pedophile from her local game store. On Jeremy's prompting, though reluctant, she turned him into police and he was arrested. It is detailed in this video and here are screenshots of that eerie exchange.

hambly%201%20-%20Copy.png
    hambly%201a%20-%20Copy.png

hambly1b%20-%20Copy.png

hambly%202%20-%20Copy.png

Once again I want to thank everyone from INGO who encouraged us to keep going on this matter. Though it was just a month and a half it seems like an eternity. But it was well worth it. Now we can get back to gaming in a safe environment.

Last edited:
    Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    For those much younger than I, Hasbro = GI Joe. I'm guessing that they would rather that toy (that saved their bacon) would be forgotten by now.
    MH

I remember as a kid all the boys would get together on Saturday after lunch and prep for a war with our G.I. Joes. I mean yeah it involved a mag ifyimg glass and some firecrackers strapped to a poor Figure being held ransom for some ungodly amount of Monopoly money.. but in the end your right this was the bread and butter for hasbro for a few years. I miss my Joe’s..

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom