• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Seems Amazon is deleting negative reviews regarding the new anti-Trump book, "Fire and Fury".
    I did not realize the Amazon C.E.O., or whomever is responsible, were that adamantly anti-Trump.

I seriously doubt it will hurt sales if this revelation becomes widely known, but it could help sales if people are unable to determine that the book is trash before they buy it.
    I wonder how the book would sell if honest reviews were widely disseminated.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It is widely known that reviews can be edited and deleted by sellers on Amazon, and by Amazon itself. The review process is far from impartial. I doubt this example is any different.

No idea what the CEO and Board's political leanings are.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is there a link to this story, indicating that the "powers that be" at Amazon are deleting reviews?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Everyone is clear that Jeff Bezos (Amazon CEO) has owned, and quite likely been setting broad editorial policy for, WaPo since 2013; correct? That might tell you something about his political leanings

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Everyone is clear that Jeff Bezos (Amazon CEO) has owned, and quite likely been setting broad editorial policy for, WaPo since 2013; correct? That might tell you something about his political leanings
    Yep. That does not mean that there is a conspiracy to remove legitimate negative reviews of this book.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Looked at reviews, a lot admit to buying the book but not reading and still give it 5 stars, those are just as useless as those who give it one star without reading.

A quick look at books about Trump, both pro and con, seem to all have a 4-5 star rating.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I agree with them 100% IF the review came out 10 minutes after the book was released. OR if the member never ordered the book. OR if the member ordered the book but gave a review before it arrived.

I don't fault them for hunting and killing trolls on either side.

That said, IF a person ordered the book and three (3) weeks after it arrived gave a review I would be disturbed by that removal.

Regards,

Doug

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    If you didn't realize Jeff Bezos is flamingly liberal you have not been paying attention. I don't know why Amazon leaves the reviews open for manipulation like that. They know if you bought the book or not, it should be limited to those that have bought.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    It seems like everybody nowadays, no matter which way they lean politically, are looking for the next latest and greatest thing to be outraged over. I don’t really sweat anything I can’t change. More people should be like me! :):

You're much like my cat, if something happens he doesn't like and can't change he seems to say, "screw it, I'm taking a nap". I'm trying to be more like the cat myself.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If you didn't realize Jeff Bezos is flamingly liberal you have not been paying attention. I don't know why Amazon leaves the reviews open for manipulation like that. They know if you bought the book or not, it should be limited to those that have bought.

That being said I will occasionally review items Amazon sells, but which I bought somewhere else for whatever reason.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I recall the same thing happened when Hillary's work of fiction came out. Positive reviews of Clinton's book were left intact, even if they stated in the review they didn't read her book. You could watch as negative reviews were deleted.

Could it possibly be that they feel these reviews are from people that didn't actually buy the book?
    Kind of like the hard hitting journalists asking tough questions about the book who have not read it themselves.

Top Bottom