Normandy

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Blackmail alleged as Governor Greitens admits to extramarital af - KMOV.com

Details just coming out of Missouri as their governor is now acknowledging a recent affair with a married woman.

There are accusations that at one point the woman ended up with a blind-fold on and the gov snapped a pic on his phone and threatened to blackmail her if she told anyone about their encounter.

As near as I can tell from a quick and dirty, the affair happened in March 2015, when he was still a Democrat. He announced a run for governor (his current office) as a Republican in September 2015

This makes for a confusing situation. Given recent developments, a Republican caught with his hand in the Nookie Jar seemingly must kill himself; but he was a Democrat at the time of infraction. So, might not an insincere and perfunctory apology suffice?

Also the phone pic used as "blackmail" (Not sure the word is appropriate, perhaps "insurance". He wanted to make sure the other participant didn't later reveal the affair. Turns out he was prescient in that area) seems to have been taken while the woman was wearing a blindfold (With no mention that she was somehow forced to wear this. Playing a little "50 shades of Pink", perhaps?). We apparently should not judge the woman, who was complicit in breaking two marriage vows (because Mom's need action?) We must, however, judge the man for the exact same crime because; white male in power

#FightThePatriarchyHorizontally

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't care about his political party. Assuming this is true, he's an @$$ and the voters should consider this behavior next time around or clamor for his resignation. I'm not in Missouri so...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't care about his political party. Assuming this is true, he's an @$$ and the voters should consider this behavior next time around or clamor for his resignation. I'm not in Missouri so...

Nor do I, but apparently a few days change between political parties can be the difference between a bad person and a good one.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Nor do I, but apparently a few days change between political parties can be the difference between a bad person and a good one.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...r-after-blackmail-accusations-surface-n836736
    Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens admits affair after blackmail accusations surface

The woman's ex-husband, who was also not named by KMOV-TV, provided an audio recording to the station on which his then-wife reveals she had a sexual encounter with Greitens in March 2015 at his St. Louis home

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Greitens

On September 26, 2015, Greitens officially announced his candidacy for Governor of Missouri as a Republican.

Try six months. And I was riffing on something you commented on; that Republicans were killing themselves when their indiscretions came to light

Oh, and there is this testimonial of character

KMOV played a recording made shortly after the alleged incident by the woman's husband (since divorced), in which she relates that Greitens invited her to his home, where she consented to being blindfolded, naked, with her hands taped to exercise rings above her head.

You are, however, correct that none of this excuses breaking a vow made before God. Nothing can

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Missouri case that toppled GOP governor boomerangs on Soros-backed prosecutor

Based on the alleged "blackmail", specifically that Gov Greitens took a compromising picture of Katrina Sneed and threatened to publish it if she told about their affair, the elected Democrat DA of St Louis indicted Gov Greitens felony invasion of privacy against the Republican governor. A couple months later she also charged him with a campaign finance violation.

Rather than use police investigators the DA got a reference from a law school friend and hired an out of state private investigator, an ex-FBI agent, to conduct an investigation that resulted in the indictment.

Greitens denied that there was a photo and denied that he tried to blackmail Sneed. The DA did not have a photo when she obtained the indictment, and no evidence that the photo existed was ever produced.

Sneed, the alleged subject of the photo -- who testified that she has a "father-figure, close relationship" with the Democratic Attorney General of Missouri (who was also ex-Gov Greiten's opponent in the 2015 governor's election) -- said that she never lodged a complaint about the alleged photograph and that she was sought out by the DA. She testified in a deposition that she may have "dreamed" the alleged photo, and testified to the Missouri House Special Investigative Committee that she had never taken photos of herself nude or partially nude, nor had anyone else take photos of her that way.

The DA ended up dropping the case, but apparently based on numerous reports and complaints from inside and outside her office about perjury and other violations during the investigation, a special prosecutor was appointed to investigate the conduct of the investigation.

The ex-FBI agent the DA hired is now facing seven felony charges: six counts of perjury and one count of evidence tampering. So far the DA is not charged, but apparently there is evidence she knew her investigator was not being truthful under oath and did nothing about it. In one instance the DA herself asked him under oath if an interview he conducted was videotaped and he replied no. The indictment against his says in fact the DA's office did videotape the interview, did not disclose this for several months, and the tape was found in the DA's office.

Earlier this year, in February 2020, the Missouri Ethics Commission "found no evidence", after a 20 month investigation, that Greitens had committed any campaign finance violations. However, an investigation of the DA's campaign resulted in a $63,000 for misuses of campaign funds. (2/3s of her campaign funds came from a Soros-backed PAC, hence the title above). She was allowed to pay just $6,314 if she paid it within 45 days, which she did. That's some discount.

So the ex-guv is free and clear on all criminal charges. The DA...not so much.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/mo-ethics-commission-exonerates-former-gov-eric-greitens/

https://apnews.com/0ff9fd391e4e43ee9c54ddddd326ffe5

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    For me this firmly falls into the "who gives a ****" category.

Is he a good governor, yes or no? I really don't care what kind of a human he is.

We've gone the other way on this, where really nice, good, stand-up people have totally ****ed us in the ass legislatively.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For me this firmly falls into the "who gives a ****" category.

Is he a good governor, yes or no? I really don't care what kind of a human he is.

We've gone the other way on this, where really nice, good, stand-up people have totally ****ed us in the ass legislatively.

Absolutely not! This s**t keeps happening mainly to republican elected officials. The dems scored a senate seat in Alaska based on federal prosecutorial misconduct that even made Eric Holder move to set the verdict aside. This is big stuff! How do we the people get back where we were when the power of miscarriage of justice changes the balance of power?

When the deep state changes elections or removes a potential good candidate from rising what are the people to do?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Judge rules St. Louis prosecutor must release records in bungled prosecution of ex-governor

A judge has ordered the chief prosecutor for St. Louis to release records from the bungled prosecution of former Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens following a yearlong fight to obtain those records through a state sunshine law request.

The sunshine request, brought by Just the News founder John Solomon, was presented to St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardener last July. The query sought the release of roughly two and a half years' worth of communications between Gardner, her staff, and numerous individuals such as George Soros, the Missouri Workforce Housing Association, state Representatives Stacy Newman and Jay Barnes, and others.

Gardner first ignored the request and then claimed that the requested documents were exempt from the state's sunshine provision.

The Sunshine statute also allows for damages, which Solomon has requested.

Top Bottom