• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I believe it is already established under Federal and International law that I can leave the United States, give up my citizenship, and become a citizen of a foreign country all within the law.

I can also leave the state of Indiana, go to Kentucky, and become a "citizen" of Kentucky with all the rights, privileges and responsibilities of a Kentuckian. To me it seems that the issue here is that a group of people want to "leave" their olde state, California, and go to another state that doesn't currently exist. If they just left to go to Oregon then there wouldn't be an issue, they would pack their bags and leave.

So it seems like no clear stretch that a group of citizens can "leave" their state and/or country legally. The question now becomes a "land" issue, does it not? In the Bundy case, IIRC, Nevada ceded some of its rights and control of land to the federal government. If Nevada can cede "some" of its authority, does this set the precedent that it could cede "more" of its authority if it wanted to and the feds were willing to accept taking on that authority. If so, then the question isn't whether a state could cede territory away, but to what degree it could do so. And if it is only a matter of degree, then surely 100% would be on the table, somewhere.

So we don't have to create new law, we just have to expand old interpretations. Or am I missing something?

Regards,

Doug

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

Article IV, Section 3, Clause 1

Of course the way West Virginia was split off from Virginia was by forming a “Loyal” legislature of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and having said legislature express its desire to divide into two states (to which the Congress—minus the representatives from the states in rebellion—was happy to give consent).

I don’t think any such expression is going to come out of the Peoples’ Republic of Sacramento any time soon.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Is the Tenth Amendment, the secession clause of the Constitution, not enough for you?

qL5ePqw.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    San Diego is part of New California? Wounder how San Diegans feel about that. They’ A bit saner but still lean blue enough not to call it purple.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I believe this was attempted once before, and the results were a military invasion of those who sought freedom from the other states. I do not see the Swamp allowing this to happen, nor do I see the Scavengers and Rapists in Sacramento releasing their victims without resorting to the use of the National Guard and the state police to enforce its tyranny.

The only real recourse available to these separatists is to insist on voter identification processes that are accurate and enforceable, halting illegal immigration, closing the ballot to official citizens only. If they can get a pure vote of only the real, living citizens who vote only once each, they might achieve their goals without forming a new state.

Just speculation, of course. No blood-sucking politician will go quietly into the night. No free-loading illegal immigrant will be denied his right to welfare, free medical care, free education, free housing, free food, and freedom to rape white women because that is their culture, or to shoot wealthy white women in their nightclothes.

Does anyone really think this will end without another civil war? Is it not inevitable now? I do not want it; nor do I advocate it, but I just do not see how it can be avoided. The hatred is strong on both sides.

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I have an idea. Why don't you stop voting for the same type of dumbasses that got your state in the sorry shape it's in and elect some folks that can make a difference. You effed up your first try thus far, so you want another one to screw up?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So.....11 fat old white people want to secede??? They can’t even get enough ****ing support to fill up a cheap motel 8 conference room with people who support their cause when they’re being filmed.

Lolz.....all of the lolz. How is this even a news story? Back to the bingo hall with those idiots.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have an idea. Why don't you stop voting for the same type of dumbasses that got your state in the sorry shape it's in and elect some folks that can make a difference. You effed up your first try thus far, so you want another one to screw up?

The reasonable and wise folks in this state have been overwhelmed by the freeloaders (for lack of a better term). The high population centers, which seem to be filled with the illegal immigrants who are given the free ride, control the elections and continue to vote themselves free goodies. The producers in this state are not able to vote in sensible politicians. They do not have sufficient votes.

Top Bottom