Yesterday in Chicago: 5 dead, 13 wounded. Why do they put up with it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With out this issue the political spinning heads would have to find other ways to take from the populace. They really do not seem to want to win this battle. As it rages on they can spin spin spin spin spin.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Stiff sentences on the clowns they catch may help. Black leaders don't want that. Stronger policing would help. Black leaders don't want that. I grew up in Chicago and bailed out decades ago. IMO it will never change. Corrupt politicians are a way of life there. The decline of the black family din't just start. I saw lots of it in the 60's.

What amazes me is how these large corporations locate there.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Please understand that there are several Chicagos. The city is still livable despite the corruption and Loony Left policies especially in the centers of productivity. (I lived in the Loop, near Greektown. I never saw any crime). I go back several times a year, Hyde Park, it is the platonic upper middle class existence--parks, book stores, great coffee, restaurants, the lake shore.

To understand the South and West sides of Chicago, read this: https://www.amazon.com/Life-Bottom-Worldview-Makes-Underclass/dp/1566635055

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    OH snap.
    giphy.gif

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Which "they" are you referring to? The police? Their hands are tied by a democratic office so they take a reactionary stance to crime because they risk riots and protests for profiling.

If you're referring to the people, the good ones have been disarmed by ridiculous gun laws that have proven to be flawed.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have no use for the city or the state. They are like Venezuela, don't like what's happening? Vote differently. Don't vote differently you get what you deserve. I'll stay away and watch your ***t show.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Well aside from the entire state and local government in Chicago being a total mess much of the killing is regarded as "their" problem. Sure there are robberies and crime that hit the more affluent neighborhoods but by and large it comes down to gangs and the neighborhoods they frequent. When they start killing blond cheerleaders every weekend something may actually be done to address the murders.

Always reminded me of the endless coverage by the media of Natalee Holloway that went on for months after her death. Had some pimple faced high school boy got rolled by a hooker and killed by her pimp while visiting the Caribbean we would never have heard about it. But a pretty blond cheerleader sneaks away from her chaperones for an island hookup and gets killed it is wall to wall media coverage.

f08685f957e3e110-1.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I just feel bad for all the stable 2 parent households in Chicago where Mom and Dad are married and they have to deal with the tragedy of a child murdered, or their child going off the rails and murdering someone.

BTW- the CPD homicide clearance rate is at historic lows.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Need Purple Here!!!

I just feel bad for all the stable 2 parent households in Chicago where Mom and Dad are married and they have to deal with the tragedy of a child murdered, or their child going off the rails and murdering someone.

BTW- the CPD homicide clearance rate is at historic lows.

I'm sure this first sentence should be in PURPLE??

Unless you are talking about all TWO Married couples with these problems in ALL of Chicago???....

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Because anyone who proposes solutions is called a racist and has their career completely obliterated, thanks to democrats tying everyone's hands.

Top Bottom