Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 309 of 579 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 319 359 409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 5788
    KLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nonobaddog View Post
    Sure, he should rely on the left propaganda media to convey whatever he wants to say.
    Better to let them portray you as an idiot, than to prove it with your own words.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your cafť experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

"On Sunday, Mr Trump said the senator, a 2020 presidential hopeful, should have filmed a commercial "from Bighorn or Wounded Knee" in "full Indian garb".
    Wounded Knee was one of the worst native massacres in US history.

Native Americans have decried Mr Trump's language, calling it insensitive and racist."

The only thing I see wrong with the tweet is that Trump isn't just a playboy billionaire. Some other things come to mind:

• It was funny, of course insensitive, and probably offensive. Definitely NOT racist. But it's more like a truth which should be left to comedians to say, since they get to be as brutally honest as they'd like.
    • Presidents shouldn't tweet such things. It would be good if Trump could act like he's at least half-assed grown up. He could be a comedian possibly, but that's not the job title he has right now.
    • The history of how horrible Wounded Knee was, is irrelevant. The tweet wasn't about Wounded Knee. It wasn't even about Native Americans. It was about mocking a woman running for President who checked some boxes in order to get some unearned intersectional privilege points.
    • I'm not surprised Native Americans would be offended by it, even though it wasn't about them.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    • I'm not surprised Native Americans would be offended by it, even though it wasn't about them.
    Just like liberals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I'd say it was definitely in poor taste. I don't think it was racist.
    To be clear, I'm not sure what he said was racist - I think it was a dick thing to say.

(I think he may be "racist" in the old-fashioned way that older people of nearly his generation are: they are just used to looking at people as different races and stereotyping them that way. Not in the neo-nazi/white supremacist way.)
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    To be clear, I'm not sure what he said was racist - I think it was a dick thing to say.

(I think he may be "racist" in the old-fashioned way that older people of nearly his generation are: they are just used to looking at people as different races and stereotyping them that way. Not in the neo-nazi/white supremacist way.)
    The mocking is justified. So not dickish per se. What makes it dickish is that heís the potus.

As for racism, I donít think Trump is any more racist than the average American. And that amounts to the human nature level of racism which one must consciously override. Itís been my observation that many of the people who claim that heís a racist are more racist than he manifests.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

The mocking is justified. So not dickish per se. What makes it dickish is that heís the potus.

As for racism, I donít think Trump is any more racist than the average American. And that amounts to the human nature level of racism which one must consciously override. Itís been my observation that many of the people who claim that heís a racist are more racist than he manifests.
    I think the Wounded Knee reference is either ignorance or dickish.

The closest modern corollary I can think of is if someone told a gun rights advocate to hold a press conference at Ruby Ridge or the Davidian compound.

And, I think there's a generational thing in the US that amounts to more than just the human-nature default to generalize people. That's actually a defense of him. Trump is at the tail end of a generation in which racial attributes were more observational than emotional. Some of my most dear family members are part of that generation, too. That's just the way they were raised.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    And, I think there's a generational thing in the US that amounts to more than just the human-nature default to generalize people. That's actually a defense of him. Trump is at the tail end of a generation in which racial attributes were more observational than emotional. Some of my most dear family members are part of that generation, too. That's just the way they were raised.
    You are doing the same generalization thing about a whole generation. Must just be the way you were raised.

User Info Menu

You are doing the same generalization thing about a whole generation. Must just be the way you were raised.
    To accept people the way they are... why yes, yes indeed.

Which is why I recognize and accept that Trump is a narcissistic douchebag.
    Last edited by T.Lex; 01-15-2019 at 12:45.

User Info Menu

It's dickish, not towards Warren, but to the people (Sioux Nation) that event effected. Anytime one makes light of such a solemn event, it kinda makes you a dick. And for the record, I've done it before too, so I'm not on any high horse. If someone claimed to be Jewish, and wasn't, making jokes about them wearing a Star of David, and taking a shower, would probably fall on the dickish end of the spectrum.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

He's not wrong though. Americans have traditionally been "my specific group" identifiers, when they didn't have the time to band together and kill non-Americans.

I Have the Worst Crew Ever