Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 414 of 437 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 424 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 4366

User Info Menu

Uuuuuggghhh....

White House has invited Jim Hoft and Bill Mitchell, among others, to a "social media summit"
    Return to the Waking Sands.

User Info Menu

Well, the conference is ostensibly about the censorship of conservative voices on social media. One would expect testimony from actual victims of the behavior, not Jim Acosta
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Where does this end?

US government debt as a share of GDP.

1979: 31%
    1989: 50%
    1999: 58%
    2009: 83%
    Now: 108%
    Well, based on history, economic collapse and hyperinflation. Think Weimar Republic, Hungary, etc.

I don't want to live through that, and I don't want my children too either.

Interesting part is, I don't think the government's that create those conditions ever survive them.
    Never ascribe to malice or conspiracy, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Where does this end?

US government debt as a share of GDP.

1979: 31%
    1989: 50%
    1999: 58%
    2009: 83%
    Now: 108%

growth-forecast-of-u-s-national-debt-in-relation-to-gdp-2.png

First, note a couple of data points. The most recent GDP data they can possibly have is for 2018 and I believe that is still subject to revision. So that year the debt to GDP ratio actually went down vs the 2017 ratio which Trump did not have full control over. The following ratio is projected to be slightly higher (0.1%) and all the rest are wild-assed guesses with similar validity to climate predictions. If GDP comes in higher than expert estimates (like it has up until now) those ratios will adjust downward

So how does Trump's actual record play out? Obama gets re-elected (years after the great recession excuse is viable) and the next year the ratio spikes 2% (20 times worse than Trump). It plateaus for two years and then spikes another 1.9% (almost 5 times the projected spike in Trump's next two years) and if you look at Obama's last four years and the rise in the ratio of 3.7% between 2012 and 2016, that is nearly 6 times the rise projected for a similar period for Trump. I have excluded Obama's first few years because they would only make him look worse and give rise to the canard that he was forced to spend all that money by what happened on Bush's watch

It would seem we're in good hands

Federal-Debt-as-a-Percentage-of-GDP.jpg

And to give credi where it's due, Obama would seem to have been presiding over a marked decrease in the rate at which the ratio was growing, but also note that that leveling off has only continued under Trump

User Info Menu

what, another "metoo" accusation falls flat on its face

video shows nothing of the sort

https://twitter.com/notwokieleaks/st...56938955071488

This staffer said Trump grabbed her by the shoulders and forcibly kissed her at a campaign event. She is now suing Trump for "violating norms of decency."

Someone else captured this video, just released tonight.

The instance seems to have been greatly mischaracterized.
    Return to the Waking Sands.

User Info Menu

A new gem by the president. How many of the Trump faithful agree with the below statement.

ďSee, I donít think that the mainstream media is free speech either because itís so crooked. Itís so dishonest. So to me, free speech is not when you see something good and then you purposely write bad. To me, thatís very dangerous speech, and you become angry at it. But thatís not free speech."

-DJT
    Is he really this stupid to not understand what free speech is?
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

Expert

User Info Menu

He's described TDS to a tee, which is leading to suppression of free speech all around the country.
    The founding fathers would not be allowed a voice in the modern digital public square.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phase2 View Post
    He's described TDS to a tee, which is leading to suppression of free speech all around the country.
    Let me ask you a question. Let's say you ask to plug in a microphone, at my house, to give a speech and I allow it. If I find the things you say distasteful, while you're on your soapbox, and unplug your mic, am I suppressing your freedom of speech?

User Info Menu

If your house was America and the speech was pro-Trump; why yes, yes you would be

Edit: Same would be true if your house was Youtube or Facebook or Twitter and the speech was pro-Trump and it was disallowed on that basis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    If your house was America and the speech was pro-Trump; why yes, yes you would be
    Not by the Constitution's understanding of free speech.