Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 437 of 475 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 447 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 4743
  1. #4361
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    No, it's the other way around, racism is a subset of prejudice. All racism is prejudice, but not all prejudice is racist. Thinking solely based on skin color, while a component, isn't completely indicate of racism. For instance, saying "I don't like black people," isn't technically racist. Saying "I don't like black people because they are dumber than white people" is. It's nuanced, but that is the difference.

    Gotta go with Kut on this one. Racist is a proper subset of prejudiced

    Someone saying "I don't like black people" or "I don't like deplorables" has written off people based on shallow external characteristics, they don't acknowledge the individual may not conform to their pre-judgement were they to take the time to get to know them

    Someone saying "I don't like black people because they are inferior and are polluting the white race by miscegenation" is racist, he considers his own race to be superior to that of the other
    Last edited by BugI02; 3 Weeks Ago at 17:31.
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

  2. #4362
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Gotta go with Kut on this one. Racist is a proper subset of prejudiced

    Someone saying "I don't like black people" or "I don't like deplorables" has written off people based on shallow external characteristics, they don't acknowledge the individual may not conform to their pre-judgement were they to take the time to get to know them

    Someone saying "I don't like black people because they are inferior and are polluting the white race by miscegenation" is racist, he considers his own race to be superior to that of the other
    .
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

  3. #4363
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Meant to edit that to correct the spelling of proper, accidently hit quote instead. Fixed the spelling, though
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

  4. #4364
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Hoe-lee ****. Bug, Kut, and jamil all agree. IN THE SAME THREAD!
    Sometimes the random factors align
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

  5. #4365
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Democrats have used the race card so often, it is now being declined. So what do they have next?

    Cory Booker Takes Aim At Trump: He’s ‘Worse Than A Racist’
    Political Correctness is Fascism Pretending to be Manners- George Carlin

  6. #4366
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Sometimes the random factors align
    Or is it?

    "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them." Isaiah 11:6

  7. #4367
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    No, it's the other way around, racism is a subset of prejudice. All racism is prejudice, but not all prejudice is racist. Thinking solely based on skin color, while a component, isn't completely indicate of racism. For instance, saying "I don't like black people," isn't technically racist. Saying "I don't like black people because they are dumber than white people" is. It's nuanced, but that is the difference.
    Yes, racial prejudice is a subset of prejudice. I totally agree and I think that is trivially apparent. But that is not and never was the point. Kut said "All racism is prejudice". I'm pretty sure he meant to say all racism is racial prejudice but whatever.
    I said racism includes racial prejudice but is more than just racial prejudice which is a different point. There are others who say that as well and say it better than I.
    https://www.elitedaily.com/life/raci...anding/1363914
    https://www.scarymommy.com/racism-di...han-prejudice/
    Racism Defined - dRworksBook

  8. #4368
    Grandmaster actaeon277's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Phase2 View Post
    Democrats have used the race card so often, it is now being declined. So what do they have next?

    Cory Booker Takes Aim At Trump: He’s ‘Worse Than A Racist’

    Well, when you go full blast to volume ten EVERY time, what do you then do? Go to volume eleven.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

    "A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

    If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

    Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html


  9. #4369
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Well, when you go full blast to volume ten EVERY time, what do you then do? Go to volume eleven.
    Well, if 10 doesn't convince 'em, I'm sure 11 will do the trick.

    Political Correctness is Fascism Pretending to be Manners- George Carlin

  10. #4370
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by nonobaddog View Post
    Yes, racial prejudice is a subset of prejudice. I totally agree and I think that is trivially apparent. But that is not and never was the point. Kut said "All racism is prejudice". I'm pretty sure he meant to say all racism is racial prejudice but whatever.
    I said racism includes racial prejudice but is more than just racial prejudice which is a different point. There are others who say that as well and say it better than I.
    https://www.elitedaily.com/life/raci...anding/1363914
    https://www.scarymommy.com/racism-di...han-prejudice/
    Racism Defined - dRworksBook
    Oh, now those links contain some extremely retarded nonsense. It’s what you say when you’re called out for being racists, so you redefine racism so that it cannot be applied to you. Yes. There are black racists. Racism has nothing to do with power. Critical race theory is mostly bull****.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge