• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I'm too young to remember Vietnam but I sure do remember what "a small group of advisers on the ground" meant. Are we going after Assad? Fighting isis? Or are we funding Kurds against Turkey and Syria? It's quite confusing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So let me get this straight. We're attacking Syrian forces because the Syrian military is trying to put down an insurgency, and we don't like that? I thought were going to stop doing this stuff. Thought the president campaigned on NOT doing this stuff.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm too young to remember Vietnam but I sure do remember what "a small group of advisers on the ground" meant. Are we going after Assad? Fighting isis? Or are we funding Kurds against Turkey and Syria? It's quite confusing.

We're shoveling money into the military industrial complex.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So let me get this straight. We're attacking Syrian forces because the Syrian military is trying to put down an insurgency, and we don't like that? I thought were going to stop doing this stuff. Thought the president campaigned on NOT doing this stuff.

OK, so we effectively destroyed ISIS on the ground in less time than Obama spent talking about it. Now the goalposts move to being we shouldn't get involved in Syria's internal affairs? When one of the old sets of goalposts was that we were allowing the Russians a free hand in Syria because Trump is Putin's puppet (which itself had to be dialed back after the cruise missile "red line" response). Kutsistent

Is it safe to assume if we pulled back and let Iran/Hezbollah gain further influence in the future Syria, you would also be critical of that?

Please enlighten us as to what you would do, beyond criticizing Trump for almost any reason. Or do you lack any practical answer/plan going forward?

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    We're shoveling money into the military industrial complex.

This is generally what I understand as the backbone of all of the military incursions the United States has engaged in. I don't think it's trump. I don't think it's the military I think it's the people that loan the money to fund the war and then loan the money to fix the damage. All Wars are Bankers wars. But the Russians wer invited in, they are the ones that defeated ISIS and they did it in months where as we have been there for around Six years seemingly stirring up a revolution.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    This is generally what I understand as the backbone of all of the military incursions the United States has engaged in. I don't think it's trump. I don't think it's the military I think it's the people that loan the money to fund the war and then loan the money to fix the damage. All Wars are Bankers wars. But the Russians wer invited in, they are the ones that defeated ISIS and they did it in months where as we have been there for around Six years seemingly stirring up a revolution.
    The Russians were invited by their client, the regime of Assad which ignited the civil war by responding to peaceful protests with bullets--creating the opening for islamist terrorists like al-queda and ISIS to get a foothold. Us? We were invited back by the Iraqi gov't and the Kurds to help deal with that mess.

We're in agreement about the military-industrial-complex

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Psst - Bug of teal and reason - your post in this thread leaves me feeling a bit betrayed.....

;)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wasn't sure which ME thread you were paying the most attention to realtime, and since we were discussing this very scenario, I cross posted

It's not like I farted in an elevator

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The Russians were invited by their client, the regime of Assad which ignited the civil war by responding to peaceful protests with bullets--creating the opening for islamist terrorists like al-queda and ISIS to get a foothold.
    Ok, so who is the legitimate government of Syria? Is'nt it Assad? Whatever you think he may be, democratically elected he has been.
    Don't forget, every time the US tried to say "He's gassing his own people" it ended up being our trained Syrian Rebels that were the ones caught holding the canisters.
    UN's Del Ponte says evidence Syria rebels 'used sarin' - BBC News

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok, so who is the legitimate government of Syria? Is'nt it Assad? Whatever you think he may be, democratically elected he has been.
    Don't forget, every time the US tried to say "He's gassing his own people" it ended up being our trained Syrian Rebels that were the ones caught holding the canisters.
    UN's Del Ponte says evidence Syria rebels 'used sarin' - BBC News

I don't know if he's was legitimately "democratically elected," but Assad is the legal head of state of Syria. Why we're still there, I'd like to know, because it seems like we're engaging in "regime change" again. So if we leave a power vacuum in Syria, I'd expect we're going to have the same problems we had in Iraq.... with the added bonus of the Russians supporting the side we oppose.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

All of this endeavor of ours in Syria.... is all about 2 things. Russia. And Iran.

Hezzbola and the Elite Iranian forces are trying to get a strong foothold in Syria..... to be able to get closer to ISRAEL! They want to take out Israel, and Russia is glad to provide arms, etc. No secret that Russia would never DEFEND Israel in a major conflict.

ETA- Most of the "Russians" who've been killed by U.S. bombs, etc..... are/were former military and are in Syria as 'contractors'.... not active duty.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All of this endeavor of ours in Syria.... is all about 2 things. Russia. And Iran.

Hezzbola and the Elite Iranian forces are trying to get a strong foothold in Syria..... to be able to get closer to ISRAEL! They want to take out Israel, and Russia is glad to provide arms, etc. No secret that Russia would never DEFEND Israel in a major conflict.

ETA- Most of the "Russians" who've been killed by U.S. bombs, etc..... are/were former military and are in Syria as 'contractors'.... not active duty.

You may be right, but that does not justify US military involvement (blood and riches) in Syria. Israel isn't the United States, and thus we do not to pre-emptively protect them over something that might happen.

Top Bottom