• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    By... you guessed it Russia, Russia, Russia

On Wednesday, Department of Homeland Security head of cybersecurity Jeanette Manfra confirmed to NBC News that although "she couldn't talk about classified information publicly," DHS saw Russia target 21 states' voter registration rolls in 2016. A "exceptionally small number of them," she added, "were actually successfully penetrated."
    https://www.gq.com/story/official-confirms-hacked-voter-rolls

Think the Russians were just taking a look? So, an "exceptionally small" number of States were "successfully penetrated." How many is that 2-3? 5-6? How many States does one need to breech in order to carry out their intentions?

I'll remind, that the original FBI investigation was concerning Russia's attempt to influence the 2016 election. The president fired Director Comey, after Gen Flynn was dismissed due to lying about his "European" connections, by telling Lester Holt:
    “In fact when I decided to just do it,” Trump says, “I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’ ”

Odd.... since, in Trump's dismissal letter, he thanked Comey for telling him on THREE operate occasions, that he wasn't under investigation. Did the president assume that because of the probable investigation into Flynn/Russian connections, that the investigation would expand to him... or did he have a more hands on approach?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think that Putin gave Trump a direct connection and sole authority over a Russian hacker cell designed to delete from the voter rolls anyone who had voted democratic since the 2008 elections. Their success in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Florida gave Trump the victory.

By... you guessed it Russia, Russia, Russia

https://www.gq.com/story/official-confirms-hacked-voter-rolls

Think the Russians were just taking a look? So, an "exceptionally small" number of States were "successfully penetrated." How many is that 2-3? 5-6? How many States does one need to breech in order to carry out their intentions?

I'll remind, that the original FBI investigation was concerning Russia's attempt to influence the 2016 election. The president fired Director Comey, after Gen Flynn was dismissed due to lying about his "European" connections, by telling Lester Holt:

Odd.... since, in Trump's dismissal letter, he thanked Comey for telling him on THREE operate occasions, that he wasn't under investigation. Did the president assume that because of the probable investigation into Flynn/Russian connections, that the investigation would expand to him... or did he have a more hands on approach?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think that Putin gave Trump a direct connection and sole authority over a Russian hacker cell designed to delete from the voter rolls anyone who had voted democratic since the 2008 elections. Their success in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Florida gave Trump the victory.

I have no idea of Trump's involvement, if any. But it's been confirmed the the Russians breeched voter roles in several states. The Flynn/Russia connection complicated the issue, given that he was involved with the Trump administration. It would seem, at least to me, that any investigator worth his salt would investigate Flynn, to see how far that relationship was. The president in firing Comey, after asking him to drop the Flynn thing and say that the Russia story was a sham, only moved the spotlight onto himself.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Lolz, so the Feds should now be able to require states to turn over their voter information so we can check for irregularities (of all kinds) and ensure the integrity of the voting process

Who's to say the Russians wouldn't add voters to the rolls so shills could vote the fake IDs. I would think suspicion should fall
    disproportionately on the party most enamored of loose/lax ID requirements for voting

So many things to investigate Democrats for, so little time

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    GvTWxct.jpg

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Ok This NBC article sites another NBC article that actually states...
    The government did not say who was behind the hacking attempts or provide details about what had been sought. But election officials in three states said Friday the attempts could be linked to Russia
    sounds circular. All I've seen of Russia having anything to do with undermining American Democracy points directly at the DNC the FBI the DOJ and the Clinton campaign. I also seem to recall the state of Georgia reported that they were hacked by the DHS.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok This NBC article sites another NBC article that actually states... sounds circular. All I've seen of Russia having anything to do with undermining American Democracy points directly at the DNC the FBI the DOJ and the Clinton campaign. I also seem to recall the state of Georgia reported that they were hacked by the DHS.

When was this article? Mine was from this past Wednesday.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The election hack is a red herring.

The trouble will come when the money laundering charges come.

Not so fast... pardons are still a thing, lol. It's still amazing to me, that some people think a president can pardon himself... but people do.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I find it hilarious that ... "On Wednesday, Department of Homeland Security head of cybersecurity Jeanette Manfra confirmed to NBC News that although "she couldn't talk about classified information publicly," ... while she was doing just exactly that!

What she should be saying is while she can't talk about the specific classified information, she can hint at whatever spin she wants on what essentially amounts to anonymous source information because the opposing side can't talk about the actual classified information either. And if the other side does manage to eventually release the underlying information, it will be after her ilk has exhausted all the possible delaying tactics and be so removed in time that the "opposition party (MSM)" will have moved on to the next anonymously sourced "scandal"

The anti-Trump deep state has perfected this sort of thing

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The election hack is a red herring.

The trouble will come when the money laundering charges come.

Not so fast... pardons are still a thing, lol. It's still amazing to me, that some people think a president can pardon himself... but people do.

I don't see Trump wanting to pardon anybody connected to Clintons, The Clinton Foundation or Uranium One

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How would that help? If Russia could potentially manipulate voter rolls, voter ID wouldn't help anything.

If the system is that weak and flawed it is by design. Trump (if he was complicit) has not been the 1st to do this at some level.

JMHO of course but it seems obvious.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the system is that weak and flawed it is by design. Trump (if he was complicit) has not been the 1st to do this at some level.

JMHO of course but it seems obvious.

I'm not sure if it was by design. I think failure to keep up technologically seems just as plausible.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not sure if it was by design. I think failure to keep up technologically seems just as plausible.

True but there is always a back side to about everything that comes from big brother. No tin foil intended.

As this was described to me by someone in the know....Indiana does not have 1 over all data base. It is by county. Then all the votes are tabulated and reported. Even at the POTUS level voting. How does that "Non-System" get hacked. This just does not seem plausible.
    Other states are the same. That is a butt load of hacking even for the Ruski's.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So-
    Obama tried to rig the election for Hillary ....
    Hillary tried to rig the election for Hillary ....
    FBI tried to rig the election for Hillary ....
    Russia tried to rig the election for Hillary ....

....but Trump still won the election. :rockwoot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    True but there is always a back side to about everything that comes from big brother. No tin foil intended.

As this was described to me by someone in the know....Indiana does not have 1 over all data base. It is by county. Then all the votes are tabulated and reported. Even at the POTUS level voting. How does that "Non-System" get hacked. This just does not seem plausible.
    Other states are the same. That is a butt load of hacking even for the Ruski's.

If you tried to do every county, yes... but that doesn't make any sense. Why target counties that are dominated by one party or another in a 90/10 ratio? The better logic is trying to influence those places that have 60/40 towards parity odds.

Top Bottom