Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Trump's Federal Budget

I'm kind of surprised that this hasn't been discussed yet. I searched but could not find anything more recent than about 9 months ago. This is a VERY un-conservative move, INCREASING the Federal deficit rather than reducing it. Seems to be making a lot of waves in Party circles. Is this NOT the very same issue that the Republicans hammered the Democrats on just a couple of years ago?
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

User Info Menu

The thread title is misleading. Presidents donít have a budget - thatís up to Congress to pass. Yes, he did sign it and, therefore, I guess he will own it but that just gives Congress a pass. And with that being said the budget that was just passed SUCKS ! I think the Republicans caved in again. Republicans control both houses and the presidency and they still pass canít pass legislation that adheres to the delegated powers of the Constitution. What a shame.

User Info Menu

I go back to my opinion during the campaign: Trump is a real estate guru. Those guys use debt to make money. There was no way he was going to reduce the debt. It isn't in his nature.

Here's to the hope that he uses the additional debt to make enough money (for the US) to eventually pay down the debt.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    I go back to my opinion during the campaign: Trump is a real estate guru. Those guys use debt to make money. There was no way he was going to reduce the debt. It isn't in his nature.
    Well, that makes perfect sense given who Trump is.

Here's to the hope that he uses the additional debt to make enough money (for the US) to eventually pay down the debt.
    Under Clinton, economic growth allowed for revenue increases that led to budget surpluses, but all that did keep the deficit from growing larger...temporarily. the feds, and vitually every state, county and municipality used the windfall to buy more stuff, build more stuff, give raises and increase pensions (which are a cost that has long outlived the surpluses). If economic growth does the same again, I see no realistic reason why the same thing won't happen again. It's all about cash flow, not red or black in the ledger. In this regard, Trump seems no different from Clinton, W, or Obama.
    "Research just slows the funny down." - Dr.Midnight

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amboy49 View Post
    The thread title is misleading. Presidents donít have a budget - thatís up to Congress to pass. Yes, he did sign it and, therefore, I guess he will own it but that just gives Congress a pass. And with that being said the budget that was just passed SUCKS ! I think the Republicans caved in again. Republicans control both houses and the presidency and they still pass canít pass legislation that adheres to the delegated powers of the Constitution. What a shame.
    Was this not his proposal?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Well, that makes perfect sense given who Trump is.

Under Clinton, economic growth allowed for revenue increases that led to budget surpluses, but all that did keep the deficit from growing larger...temporarily. the feds, and vitually every state, county and municipality used the windfall to buy more stuff, build more stuff, give raises and increase pensions (which are a cost that has long outlived the surpluses). If economic growth does the same again, I see no realistic reason why the same thing won't happen again. It's all about cash flow, not red or black in the ledger. In this regard, Trump seems no different from Clinton, W, or Obama.
    Clinton years saw about a 4% growth. We are currently around 2.3%. You think we will get there again? https://www.thebalance.com/top-econo...-years-3305699

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post

When every dollar, in existence is borrowed at interest how is it possible to pay off the debt?

User Info Menu

Republicans "caved"?

Sorry, but this lot of Republicans are not fiscally conservative. They just spend our money on different things than the Democrats. Looks like this budget scratches EVERYONE'S itch. No compromise needed when everyone get's a piece of cake.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

Tired Of Winning

User Info Menu

Another nevertrump thread???
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Is it possible he had to go along with this budget in order to properly fund the military? I understand a past audit of the military was a disaster, but that does not mean we don't need a strong military, it means we need better watchdogs.

Regarding infrastructure, the proof will be in the pudding. When Obama did it, it was viewed as payback to unions. Obama has no business sense, I believe Trump does. Time will tell.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast