Russians conducted 'information warfare' against US during election..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I'm going to start off by saying... It's total :poop: I'm sure.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/16/russians-indicted-in-special-counsel-robert-muellers-probe.html

Sure Mueller. Sure. By the way what's that in your hand? Oh you're taking that bit of American Uranium to a Russian company? Oh.

Of course CNBC is biased, as seemingly all Corporate Media is, just wanted to spread the news.

No shooting the messenger! Most of you are probably crack shots!!!:draw:

Supposedly they were investigating these guys all the way back in 2014... I love this line...
    Rosenstein said there is no allegation in the indictment that any American was a knowing participant in the scheme, nor is there any allegation that the scheme affected the outcome of the election.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    "to help Donald Trump win"... Another Media lie.

Rosenstein said they played both sides to disrupt the process, no mention of favoring one canidate or the other.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OP, as of 2:30 PM, have you read the charging documents, or are you just going with your inclination?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Rosenstein said they played both sides to disrupt the process, no mention of favoring one canidate or the other.

Actually, it said to help Sanders and Trump.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The way I read this is that the Russians were trying to cause chaos and trying to hury Hillary was the most chaos causing thing they could think of. That it helped Trump seems incidental to the chaos.

Also, I heard a reference to "unwitting members of the Trump campaign"....which doesn't at all sound like collusion.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm going to start off by saying... It's total :poop: I'm sure.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/16/russians-indicted-in-special-counsel-robert-muellers-probe.html

Sure Mueller. Sure. By the way what's that in your hand? Oh you're taking that bit of American Uranium to a Russian company? Oh.

Of course CNBC is biased, as seemingly all Corporate Media is, just wanted to spread the news.

No shooting the messenger! Most of you are probably crack shots!!!:draw:

Supposedly they were investigating these guys all the way back in 2014... I love this line...

Soooooo does it matter WHO they thought they were helping/hurting? Or is the fact that they were involved in our elections AT ALL not enough?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The way I read this is that the Russians were trying to cause chaos and trying to hury Hillary was the most chaos causing thing they could think of. That it helped Trump seems incidental to the chaos.

Also, I heard a reference to "unwitting members of the Trump campaign"....which doesn't at all sound like collusion.

I would image that most campaign aides would've been ignorant of the scheme. It obviously doesn't make sense for everybody to know what's going on, and if there's more to come (which apparently there is), you don't really want to give the actual colluders (if there are any) a heads up.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Soooooo does it matter WHO they thought they were helping/hurting? Or is the fact that they were involved in our elections AT ALL not enough?
    Enough for what? Discredit the election? Make Hill/Bill the President?
    Funny but I'd say what The DNC under Hill/Bill's explicit direction did to Bernie should be enough for a jail cell. Not to mention the illegal votes, the dead votes, the fact that the supposed Russian Bots turned out to be supporting Clinton primarily. This is a joke.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Everybody that voted for Trump was a "participant in the scheme" against Clinton.

Conversely, everyone who voted for Clinton was a "participant in the scheme" against Trump.

Everyone who voted affected the outcome of the election, and in fact those who did not vote also affected the outcome of the election.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Enough for what? Discredit the election? Make Hill/Bill the President?
    Funny but I'd say what The DNC under Hill/Bill's explicit direction did to Bernie should be enough for a jail cell. Not to mention the illegal votes, the dead votes, the fact that the supposed Russian Bots turned out to be supporting Clinton primarily. This is a joke.

Careful not to confuse supposition with fact... also let's not criminalize things that aren't, and shouldn't be, criminal.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well duh. They want America mad. The did pro trump and anti-trump rallies after election.

They probably looked at my Facebook feed and realized it was not worth buying ads or posts against trump, those were coming hot and heavy anyway. Might as well just spend money against hillary

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well duh. They want America mad. The did pro trump and anti-trump rallies after election.

They probably looked at my Facebook feed and realized it was not worth buying ads against tromp, those were coming hot and heavy anyway. Might as well just spend money against hillary

Right. It makes sense to whip up into a frenzy both sides.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Careful not to confuse supposition with fact... also let's not criminalize things that aren't, and shouldn't be, criminal.
    I'm pretty certain that "Criminal" doesn't entirely cover Clinton. Evil. Fascistic. Angry ashtray tosser. I'd say the fact that the Dems wasted months and millions of $ voting for the Democratic Candidate when Hillary had the nomination the entire time was pretty 'insert horrible adjective'.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne

They probably looked at my Facebook feed and realized it was not worth buying ads against tromp, those were coming hot and heavy anyway. Might as well just spend money against hillary
    So they were more like poking people with a stick..:stickpoke: Just to see them jump? Even better. I have a lot of respect for the Russians. They have the driest sense of humor.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I would image that most campaign aides would've been ignorant of the scheme. It obviously doesn't make sense for everybody to know what's going on, and if there's more to come (which apparently there is), you don't really want to give the actual colluders (if there are any) a heads up.

Do you honestly believe people in trumps campaign worked with Russia to win the election?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So they were more like poking people with a stick..:stickpoke: Just to see them jump? Even better. I have a lot of respect for the Russians. They have the driest sense of humor.

It seems that way. I recall a news story from around the beginning of 2017 where Facebook said Russian groups bought a lot of ads that were political in nature. That hundred thousand dollars worth. Majority of them were supporting Hillary. They said they will look more closely at who is buying ads if thst are political in the future to comply with federal election laws.

Top Bottom