• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I submitted the following to the Indy Birdcage Liner. They may not have the balls to print it, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Once again there has been a mass shooting at a school.

And there are going to be more. Every time one of these crimes occurs our news media rewards the killer by giving him the notoriety and the immortality he craves by speaking his name and showing his picture on every broadcast for days on end. And as they do other mentally unbalanced losers watch these broadcasts and say, “That’s the most famous man in America. Everyone knows his name. Everyone knows his face. That could be ME!”

How do government officials and school administrators respond? Schools are chosen by these madmen because they are one of the few venues where responsible adults are required by law to be unarmed and helpless. School resource officers are readily identifiable and therefore easy to avoid. And so the familiar scenario occurs again where a shooter enters a school, knowing he will be unopposed, and kills victim after victim. When seconds mean the difference between life and death the shooter knows that he has many minutes before he will be interrupted by the arrival of law enforcement.

During my own law enforcement career I learned some difficult lessons. One is that in a rapidly unfolding crisis lives may depend on quick and decisive action. The other is that gun control is utterly futile and ineffectual nonsense. Banning the most popular rifle in the history of firearms will accomplish nothing, as proven by the fact that this country’s previous ill-advised attempt to do so had zero effect on crime rates.

Paralysis motivated by political correctness and anti-gun hysteria is killing children. Once a killer has entered a school building and fired his first shot the only thing that can make a difference is armed resistance from school personnel, not minutes from now, not seconds from now, but NOW! If an armed teacher returns fire will there be danger? Without a doubt. There is no such thing as a safe gunfight. But in a school where dedicated and armed personnel are willing to fight for the lives of the children in their charge, those children have a fighting chance. Children in schools where they are taught to cower in their classrooms and await their turn to die have NO chance.

Isn’t it far past time that school children had that fighting chance?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Excellent letter! However i doubt they'll have the balls to print it. I hope i am wrong

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well said, but one can't help but doubt that it will see print. After all, the narrative says that guaranteed disarmed victim zones magically make everyone safe.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Oh they'll print it alright but only after they let Moms who need some action review and come up with a carefully worded [STRIKE]rebuttal[/STRIKE] lie. Counting a suicide in a school parking lot in the middle of the night just to pump up your numbers really causes your credibility to go right down the toilet with the other waste.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    It goes without saying we trust these people with our children's education we therefore trust them with our children's lives. I'm all for arming the teachers. Arming the people in and around our PUBLIC and PRIVATE schools. No more duck and cover mentality. With this also comes more education for the youngsters on actual firearm safety and protocol.

Well stated.

As the grand arse mayor of Chicago said Lets not let a good tragedy go to waste. instead learn again as all of us on here have done by gaining the skills and ability to protect ourselves and our loved ones.

Top Bottom