• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Early reports on the recent school shooting indicated that there was a school resource officer assigned to the school. As there was no mention of his involvement I had presumed that he was away from the school.

He wasn't.

I've just read a news story stating that not only was he there, he stood outside the school listening to kids being murdered and didn't lift a finger to intervene. He has tendered his resignation from the sheriff's department. The sheriff says that the possibility of criminal charges is being considered.

As of this writing it appears that he is still alive, indicating that he has neither the courage or the decency to kill himself.

As a retired lawman I am rendered speechless.

Who now will oppose the arming of teachers willing to fight for the lives of their students?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well this will make it easier for the left to get away with hating Leo's now. They only like cops when they can use them for a political gain anyways.
    I support Leo's. As for this guy, I'm gonna wait till the facts come out officialy and not from the media before I make any emotional response about him. I'm not slamming anyone for stating theirs now, I've just made the past mistake on speaking too early on Leo matters and regretting it later once facts came out

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Early reports on the recent school shooting indicated that there was a school resource officer assigned to the school. As there was no mention of his involvement I had presumed that he was away from the school.

He wasn't.

I've just read a news story stating that not only was he there, he stood outside the school listening to kids being murdered and didn't lift a finger to intervene. He has tendered his resignation from the sheriff's department. The sheriff says that the possibility of criminal charges is being considered.

As of this writing it appears that he is still alive, indicating that he has neither the courage or the decency to kill himself.

As a retired lawman I am rendered speechless.

Who now will oppose the arming of teachers willing to fight for the lives of their students?

He only resigned after being suspended without pay, and threatened with possible charges.
    This was vocalized by his sheriff in a news conference I watched this afternoon.

Who now will oppose arming teachers? Why, the left of course.
    They're already screaming, "See, an armed person WAS there and it didn't help at all!".

indygncc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Trafalgar
    Sounds like a major disgrace to all of the brave Officers we have out there defending society all day everyday. The media is completely out of control and a large number of our youth seem to believe it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well this will make it easier for the left to get away with hating Leo's now. They only like cops when they can use them for a political gain anyways.
    I support Leo's. As for this guy, I'm gonna wait till the facts come out officialy and not from the media before I make any emotional response about him. I'm not slamming anyone for stating theirs now, I've just made the past mistake on speaking too early on Leo matters and regretting it later once facts came out

Ditto.
    I read some accounts elsewhere about this. Damn it. I am civilian and would not be able to stand down armed or not.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He only resigned after being suspended without pay, and threatened with possible charges.
    This was vocalized by his sheriff in a news conference I watched this afternoon.

Who now will oppose arming teachers? Why, the left of course.
    They're already screaming, "See, an armed person WAS there and it didn't help at all!".

Man this just ****ing sucks at every level. Every level.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    There is also a supposed video that supports the officer's actions ......that I doubt they will release . At least they said there was a video , unlike the Las Vegas incident which had absolutely none .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gonzalez v. Castle Rock says, oh, so sorry.

BTW - the worst part of this?

The Sheriff knew that his deputy was a yellow-bellied coward last night when he made his performance on CNN.

Solid point. So this sheriff is also a douche of the highest order. He is only diverting blame from himself and his dept.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree. If I was at my kids school for a pick up and was sitting armed in my car and started hearing shots and or seeing kids running out screaming, then I'm a going in and **** the consequences.

Agreed. I posted on facebook how he was a disgrace. A friend gently reprimanded me "we never know what we will do in that situation..." Love her to death but no. Fire fighters run into burning buildings. Cops and soldiers run toward gunfire. If you cant do that you are in the wrong profession.

If it were me walking down the street I dont know what I would do. I'm not sure I'd have the nads to run toward that gunfire. But I didnt sign up for that gig, he did. I might if it were my kids' school though and they were in there.

If he doesnt off himself from the guilt, I'll be surprised. I'll be praying for him regardless. I cant imagine that guilt.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Agreed. I posted on facebook how he was a disgrace. A friend gently reprimanded me "we never know what we will do in that situation..." Love her to death but no. Fire fighters run into burning buildings. Cops and soldiers run toward gunfire. If you cant do that you are in the wrong profession.

If it were me walking down the street I dont know what I would do. I'm not sure I'd have the nads to run toward that gunfire. But I didnt sign up for that gig, he did. I might if it were my kids' school though and they were in there.

If he doesnt off himself from the guilt, I'll be surprised. I'll be praying for him regardless. I cant imagine that guilt.

I've seen very well trained soldiers hesitate and at least one straight up refuse and lose his mind. No one knows 100% until they've been there before.

I don't see him having the gonads to off himself IF he's a coward. Nor am I encouraging that

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

No....please do not off yourself. I want you to live a long anguished and painful life over this.

CM.....if there are children at risk then take the leap. You would hope anyone else would for your kids.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Ditto.
    I read some accounts elsewhere about this. Damn it. I am civilian and would not be able to stand down armed or not.

According to the FBI civilians stop over 40% of mass shootings, 13% do it unarmed.

In other incidents, it was a combination of actions by citizens and/or law enforcement thatended the shootings.
    In at least 65 (40.6%) of the 160 incidents, citizen engagement or theshooter committing suicide ended the shooting at the scene before law enforcement arrived.
    Of those:

In 37 incidents (23.1%), the shooter committed suicide at the scene before policearrived.

In 21 incidents (13.1%), the situation ended after unarmed citizens safely and successfully restrained the shooter.

In 2 of those incidents,24 3 off-duty law enforcementofficers were present and assisted.

Of note, 11 of the incidents involved unarmed principals, teachers, other schoolstaff and students who confronted shooters to end the threat (9 of those shooterswere students).■ In 5 incidents (3.1%), the shooting ended after armed individuals who were not lawenforcement personnel exchanged gunfire with the shooters. In these incidents, 3 shooterswere killed, 1 was wounded, and 1 committed suicide.

The individuals involved in these shootings included a citizen with a valid firearmspermit and armed security guards at a church, an airline counter, a federallymanaged museum, and a school board meeting.25

In 2 incidents (1.3%), 2 armed, off-duty police officers engaged the shooters, resultingin the death of the shooters. In 1 of those incidents, the off-duty officer assisted a responding officer to end the threat.26

The study identified 21 (13.1%) of 160 incidents where unarmed citizens made the selflessand deeply personal choices to face the danger of an active shooter. In those instances,the citizens safely and successfully disrupted the shootings. In 11 of those 21 incidents,unarmed principals, teachers, other school staff and students confronted the shooters toend the threat. In 10 incidents, citizens, working or shopping when the shootings began,successfully restrained shooters until police could arrive. And in 6 other incidents, armedoff-duty police officers, citizens, and security guards risked their lives to successfully endthe threat. These actions likely saved the lives of students and others present.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So, 87% do it armed then? I think I know which I’d prefer to be.

I guess so.

Also that's a FBI study on mass shootings, not just school shootings.
    That's why so many civilians where armed when they happened in malls and other non-gun-free zones.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've seen very well trained soldiers hesitate and at least one straight up refuse and lose his mind. No one knows 100% until they've been there before.

That's true, no doubt. And somebody's first time under fire is likely to include some hesitation, denial, or freezing up at the onset and then you're a bit better the next time because you know what to expect and it didn't kill you last time.

But...kids being killed. I don't know if it's cowardice, denial, sensory overload and freezing up...but it's kids being killed. I just can't find any sympathy for the guy/gal if it's true.

Top Bottom