• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    I don’t hang out in this forum and rarely even go into it but I just read a news article that Enterprise Car rental was disassociating their affiliations with the NRA by not offering discounts on rentals any longer. I just sent them a displeasure complaint to their website on that decision. It may not carry much weight since most of their business is probably through the car insurance companies. Wonder if letters to them complaining about Enterprises’ decision could affect Enterprises’ bottom line & show them the error of their ways?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    FYI - Enterprise, Alamo, and National car rental are all under the same parent company and all have severed ties with the NRA.

Other businesses cutting ties with the NRA:
    First National Bank of Omaha (NRA Visa card)
    Best Western hotels
    Wyndam hotels

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I would not punish a company for "not" offering a discount, nor if they quietly continued their discount as a matter of business decision.

However, Enterprise and FNB supposedly made it public they were cutting ties with the NRA. They took a political side, hence I'll let them know why I'm severing business. I am sending back on old FNB card.

I just cancelled an Enterprise reservation for March and sent them a screenshot of the NRA page with other auto rental discounts. Signed up for the Hertz rewards membership and made a reservation there.

That is perhaps something you can do if you have no upcoming reservations: Use the NRA link to sign up for Avis and Hertz rewards/special programs. Somebody probably tracks where those clicks are coming from.

ETA: On the Hertz site, you can put in the NRA discount code saved under your rewards membership. I suspect that is something someone might also track.

Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    First National Bank of Omaha said this was the result of customer complaints. Considering the States they operate in, I think this will come back to haunt them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    FYI - Enterprise, Alamo, and National car rental are all under the same parent company and all have severed ties with the NRA.

Other businesses cutting ties with the NRA:
    First National Bank of Omaha (NRA Visa card)
    Best Western hotels
    Wyndam hotels

This is the one that affects me.

First National Bank of Omaha said this was the result of customer complaints. Considering the States they operate in, I think this will come back to haunt them.
    FNB of Omaha is now massive compared to when they first struck a deal with the NRA. However, you're right that their banking is primarily in the Midwest.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The rapidity with which they made the decision (allowing little time for a "groundswell" of complaints) makes their avowed reasoning ... suspect. check the CEOs politics. Most businesses are wary of pissing off any part of their customer base without good reason, but good business sense can be overridden by an SJW corporate officer

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The rapidity with which they made the decision (allowing little time for a "groundswell" of complaints) makes their avowed reasoning ... suspect. check the CEOs politics. Most businesses are wary of pissing off any part of their customer base without good reason, but good business sense can be overridden by an SJW corporate officer

That's what I thought - they moved fast.

There's no CEO, it's a private company. The new president is younger, but still part of the family...

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Id say that they were intending on cutting ties for a while. This newest shooting was just the excuse to do so.
    Cue, school shooting! Cue, public outrage! Cue, a young talking head who's parents work for CNN and the FBI. (A Pale White Horse)
    serveimage.jpg

Last edited:

Super Trucker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    In front of you

I would be willing to be that bloomburg paid bots sent the majority of those customer complaints.
    I dropped FNBO about a decade ago when the raised their rates so I can not complain to them directly. I can however info enterprise that my companies business will no longer be spending money with them.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I got the nra card because my other cc was bank of America, I didn't want to pay interest to a gun hating credit card company.....looks like I'm paying off the nra card, and am going to close out that card

maybe the nra will find another bank that welcomes gun owners

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I read one report where it was based on all the negative feedback posted on Facebook, which likely was hardly any actual customers.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I’ve had the First National Bank NRA Visa since 1997. I’ve exclusively used that card over the years with a lot of money going on to it and I would usually donate the reward points back to the NRA.

I was disappointed to hear FNB's decision, so at lunch today, I used my remaining rewards point to donate them to the NRA-ILA. I also made a “nice" donation to the NRA using this VISA … as the final transaction ... and once it clears the card, I’ll pay off the remaining balance and close the account.

What a shame.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have also cut ties with the NRA. They're pushing anti gun legislation. Any gun owner still supporting the NRA after they supported a ban on bump stocks should be ashamed.

Join GOA. I did. They actually fight for our rights, and accept no compromise. https://gunowners.org/

I joined the GOA and the NRA. I'm going to try to help make a chamge in the NRA. When i want results in politics I vote. Then I call and write emails or letters to my elected officials all the way from the bottom to the top.
    I chose not to complain about the NRA from the outside as a nonmember and instead I'm now a life member and I will vote and be vocal from inside

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Note to self, as a Patron Life member of the NRA I need to inform Enterprise Rental Cars that I will rent a car from them, right after Hell freezes over.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I joined the GOA and the NRA. I'm going to try to help make a chamge in the NRA. When i want results in politics I vote. Then I call and write emails or letters to my elected officials all the way from the bottom to the top.
    I chose not to complain about the NRA from the outside as a nonmember and instead I'm now a life member and I will vote and be vocal from inside

I respect that. I've been a member of the NRA for about 9 years. I'll renew my membership when they start defending gun rights.

Top Bottom