Trump tax plan is making my paycheck great again!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I got a $400/mo reduction in taxes! This is the ONLY tax plan I have ever seen move the needle in an appreciable way. I thought there was some kind of mistake in payroll at first, but then everyone in the office started talking about it. I'll vote for the guy just based on this!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Crumbs!

I talked to most of my team when the tax break hit our checks. They all thought it was a mistake. Nope! The only "mistake" was that it was withheld all the PRIOR years.

Of course, my health insurance fees made this more of a break-even.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Its a nothing burger for us. I was honestly a little surprised. So... SHARE act = gone, tax break = not much. Not looking too good for team 'T'. Need to change my avatar.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Wife and I both will see an extra $1000 roughly in our annual bring home. But hers is eaten up by insurance costs rising. Cant complain, we would have been $1000 poorer this year because of the insurance increase, now we are $1000 ahead. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick or a lecture from Obama how we aren't paying our fair share.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Added $24.98 a week for me! Almost $1300 a year. Thats a couple new scary black "assault weapons" in my book

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    My wife's check went up by $60 every 2 weeks. I just started a new job so I don't have a baseline to compare it against. No complaints here.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We got a letter from hubby's pension a week or so ago. I already filed it, but I believe his monthly check is supposed to be about $160 higher. They didn't say if insurance premiums were going up this year so I guess we'll find out in July if they do. They always increase July 1st if they are going to.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I work for a national utility company. They sent out a company wide email saying that being a utility, they were obligated to pass the savings on to the customer and not the employees. So I won’t see any of it on my check per se.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    what is your percentage federal withholding compared to January? Did it drop?

got my first check with new tables. I’m happy.

Don't know. It is a direct deposit pension check so I don't have a pay stub to review. The withholding percentage didn't change but the actual tax due may be slightly less. I'm single and in a bracket that didn't get much relief.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I work for a national utility company. They sent out a company wide email saying that being a utility, they were obligated to pass the savings on to the customer and not the employees. So I won’t see any of it on my check per se.

Apples and oranges. My check increased because my taxes went down, not because my employer’s taxes went down and they raised my salary

Top Bottom