• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    Guns and alcohol don't mix, or at least they shouldn't. As Indiana passes Sunday sales I can't help but make some comparisons to the gun debate currently going on. I don't drink, I think it's a waste of time, money, and it is responsible for the death of thousands of people every year. Sounds familiar.... There's even constitutional amendments for both guns and alcohol, the 21st doesn't give people a RIGHT to drink but just allows for it by repealing prohibition. Can you image of there were alcohol control debates going on right now, certainly we couldn't have bars on every corner where people can walk in a get a drink in like 30 seconds. Also there would be no need for any beer of high alcohol content, large handles of liquor, or wine in large boxes. You should have to wait for days to get a 6 pack. Also we shouldn't allow accessories that allow alcohol consumption at a high rate of speed...funnels, straws, enemas.

There's no way to use alcohol to defend your family from threats, unless of course the threat is your liver.

So if increased access to alcohol is going to give us a better argument for our gun rights...I'll take it.

what do y'all think?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Thank god that I leave in a free country that I can do what ever I want to to my body. Also thank god I leave in a state that does not have laws on the books that I can’t have a nice craft beer with a big fat juicy rare steak with a gun on my hip.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Guns and alcohol don't mix, or at least they shouldn't. As Indiana passes Sunday sales I can't help but make some comparisons to the gun debate currently going on. I don't drink, I think it's a waste of time, money, and it is responsible for the death of thousands of people every year. Sounds familiar.... There's even constitutional amendments for both guns and alcohol, the 21st doesn't give people a RIGHT to drink but just allows for it by repealing prohibition....So if increased access to alcohol is going to give us a better argument for our gun rights...I'll take it.

what do y'all think?

1) I think you're counting your chickens.
    2) A majority of people think the aim of public policy is to rubber-pad society so that people can act irresponsibly without fear of harm. So therefore, having more alcohol, more drugs, more crazies walking around free - while less guns - is perfectly logical to them. It gives people more room to f*ck up without consequences...which seems to be the overall goal of government.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Thank god that I leave in a free country that I can do what ever I want to to my body. Also thank god I leave in a state that does not have laws on the books that I can’t have a nice craft beer with a big fat juicy rare steak with a gun on my hip.

Couldn't agree more!!! No matter what I'm glad I can so things I want to do....if others dont want to enjoy the activities I enjoy...well that's fine and dandy by me

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Say what!?
    How about everyone minds their own business and leaves alone other people and what they do as long as they aren't hurting you? Guessing at or punishing people ahead of time for things they haven't even done of just because you dont like or agree is wrong.
    People have the right of choice. If they choose to break laws then at that time and only then can govt step in

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    My original post should be read with a bit of a satirical tone. In the realm of alcohol people seem to understand responsible use, the gun-grabbers don't see the same responsible use when it comes to guns. IMO

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have this hanging in the garage....

atf.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Guns and alcohol don't mix?

Memo to self: don't tell him that the Board of Directors Spring Meeting for the Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Association will be held in a microbrewery in a couple of Saturdays.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    Guns and alcohol don't mix?

Memo to self: don't tell him that the Board of Directors Spring Meeting for the Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Association will be held in a microbrewery in a couple of Saturdays.

Drinking followed by shooting guns, is not a good sequence of events. You think it's a good idea? Not saying INGO couldn't have a meet up at a bar, but I wouldn't recommend heading to the range afterwards.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Pretty much

Guns and Alcohol are pretty much 2 of my top 4 thing favorite things in life.

Driving and owning a vehicle is a waste of time and money and kills way more people

Drinking soft drinks is a waste of time and money and kill way more people

Eating unhealthy food is........

There's a ton of things out there that are a waste of time, and money, and kill people; yet people still do them because they have a choice and they choose to. I see the point you're trying to make, but like any choice, common sense has to exist and people have to control themselves.

Unfortunately there's a severe lack of common sense and self control......in any form of mental being. Dumb people are going to do dumb things

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm still utterly astonished that alcohol, which results in countless broken homes and deaths is protected yet a weed that makes you feel buzzy is considered worse than heroine.(according to the DEA)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm still utterly astonished that alcohol, which results in countless broken homes and deaths is protected yet a weed that makes you feel buzzy is considered worse than heroine.(according to the DEA)
    Do you mean cocaine? DEA Schedule II vice marijuana (and heroin) being Schedule I? Anslinger sold it well.

Top Bottom