One LARGE order of S-HOLE coming right up!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Wow, what complete dumb asses. If any country should know what a fool idea that is it's SA. Zimbabwe (Next door to SA!) did it and utterly destroyed what had been the best economy in Africa.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have an online gaming buddy that I forget is either FROM south Africa, or spent a lot of time there doing legal or volunteer work for anti apartheid stuff. Regardless, I know he speaks very highly of and loves the people there. Kinda wish I was still in contact with him to get his input on this. Unfortunately he is a flaming liberal attorney and I got tired of the constant butting of heads during the Obama era so I severed ties with him.

Given how much he put into that to help stop institutionalized discrimination, I think he may have a unique opinion of the current ball of sh**, er I mean situation there.

And here I thought that taking peoples stuff was wrong? Thats one helluva pendulum swing. Funny how its wrong when somebody is doing it to you, but later when you are in power its suddenly OK to do it right back.

Disgusting.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Leave it to NewsWeak, "Boer" literally means farmer

The online petition calls on Trump to "take the steps necessary to initiate an emergency immigration plan allowing white Boers to come to the United States." Boer is the term used to describe South Africans of Dutch, German or Huguenot descent, who are also commonly referred to as Afrikaners.

The Oranje-Vrijstaat is not amused

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Didn't the British [STRIKE]conquer[/STRIKE] colonize South Africa and set up [STRIKE]slavery[/STRIKE] profitable businesses there? Frankly, I don't see the problem. :dunno:

Didn't we also kick the Brits out of America?

I honestly can't keep up with all the atrocities on that continent. The land is quite beautiful but it's people are suffering at a horrendous rate.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    South Africa was sparsely occupied when the Boers arrived in 1652. There has been a huge migration to SA from parts of Africa since the Boers started farming the land due to the availability of food, medical care and western style infrastructure. The black population has increased over 900% in the last hundred years due to migration and a population explosion from the availability of food and western style infrastructure. Who owns the land? The white immigrants? The black immigrants? The original inhabitants are all long dead.
    Regardless I fear this is not going to end well for most white or black.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    South Africa was sparsely occupied when the Boers arrived in 1652. There has been a huge migration to SA from parts of Africa since the Boers started farming the land due to the availability of food, medical care and western style infrastructure. The black population has increased over 900% in the last hundred years due to migration and a population explosion from the availability of food and western style infrastructure. Who owns the land? The white immigrants? The black immigrants? The original inhabitants are all long dead.
    Regardless I fear this is not going to end well for most white or black.

Whomever is in control.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If not for the boars that would still be just a sparsely occupied area. They built it up. The migrants came and really screwed it up. I have friends there I met in my days working with the race teams. Dutch decent.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If not for the boars that would still be just a sparsely occupied area. They built it up. The migrants came and really screwed it up. I have friends there I met in my days working with the race teams. Dutch decent.

I can't speak to how populated SA was, but if true then you are probably right. That still does not exonerate them from the policies they implemented, and benefited from, until 1991. I'm not African, so I'm see no reason why this is any more noteworthy than the plight any other nation on the planet... unless it has a bearing on American interests.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't speak to how populated SA was, but if true then you are probably right. That still does not exonerate them from the policies they implemented, and benefited from, until 1991. I'm not African, so I'm see no reason why this is any more noteworthy than the plight any other nation on the planet... unless it has a bearing on American interests.

Agreed. Runaway immigration across uncontrolled boarders.
    I am not up to speed on the policy's but I know what was done.
    Discussion for another time.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

This is why I can say I'm 1/4 African. :):

Top Bottom