• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm going to focus on revolvers this year. Because semi-autos are evil. Just kidding. I have been thinking about dedicating myself to one handgun this year to really try to get proficient with it. I have been on the fence about whether to stick with my 1911 or give my revolver a try. I have been reading a lot and talking to some decent shooters and some pro shooters. Based on some of their input, I decided to try the revolver.

It will be interesting to see how it goes. Especially if I decide to shoot some kind of event like steel challenge or IDPA.

You know, never mind. This thread probably won't be a very engaging or enlightening thread. :)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Have fun carrying a revolver.

In honor of the bill, I'm going to start carrying my five seven again.

w4BYpo5.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Holds 20+1 of 5.7x28mm.

Easily the most hated handgun by gun-grabbers.

That even makes it cooler!:) Very interesting round.

BTW, I will still carry and practice with my Shield. I am shooting revolver as my focus at the range. My revolver is really too large and heavy for me to want to carry concealed on a daily basis.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Ill just keep carrying my 1911. Is their a proposed round limit? 10? I havent heard of any real assault weapons ban proposals that scared me enough to start thinking about breaking out a 6 shooter.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Ill just keep carrying my 1911. Is their a proposed round limit? 10? I havent heard of any real assault weapons ban proposals that scared me enough to start thinking about breaking out a 6 shooter.
    You got HR 5077 and 5087. Prognosis of 6% and 1% respectively, of passing. But DiFi still has yet to put out hers.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    Read the full text. https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/hr5087/BILLS-115hr5087ih.pdf

It is wild, lists of banned firearms and acceptable ones. I really don't understand how this would change anything, other things I really don't understand is the issue they've taken with pistol grips, forward grips. Maybe they're thinking no "assault" grips would limit the control the operator has on the weapon? How about they require us to dip our firearms in lard so they just slip right out of everyone's hands.....lol

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm not worried about it going through this time, but I certainly remember the Clinton AWB. I've got plenty of revolvers and single stacks. On the odd occasion I travel to/through a mag limited state I go with a single stack (P220 or P245) and LCR. P220 if I'm driving, P245 if I'm flying. (My travel gun safe doesn't have room for two guns if I take the P220)

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They propose all these BS gun ban laws, when the first thing they SHOULD be doing NOW is securing "gun free zones" where it's said 98% of mass shootings happen.
    Yet that's the one thing that's hardly ever mentioned.

This shows me that leftists are more concerned with exploiting these mass shootings as a vehicle for disarmament, than to ACTUALLY remove these human shooting galleries from the list of attractive choices for mass murderers.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    They propose all these BS gun ban laws, when the first thing they SHOULD be doing NOW is securing "gun free zones" where it's said 98% of mass shootings happen.
    Yet that's the one thing that's hardly ever mentioned.

This shows me that leftists are more concerned with exploiting these mass shootings as a vehicle for disarmament, than to ACTUALLY remove these human shooting galleries from the list of attractive choices for mass murderers.

It really is that obvious.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You assume they have any knowledge regarding firearms. They do not. They’re just trying to ban as many things as they can that they see bolted to an AR or AK. They figure if they ban as many things on them as they can, they’ll essentially make it illegal to have an AR.

Read the full text. https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/hr5087/BILLS-115hr5087ih.pdf

It is wild, lists of banned firearms and acceptable ones. I really don't understand how this would change anything, other things I really don't understand is the issue they've taken with pistol grips, forward grips. Maybe they're thinking no "assault" grips would limit the control the operator has on the weapon? How about they require us to dip our firearms in lard so they just slip right out of everyone's hands.....lol

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Florida senate passed a bumpstock felony.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2018/07026/?Tab=BillText

Bump-fire stocks prohibited.

A person may not import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-fire stock.

A person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s.775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device.

Unclear if it'll make it through the Florida House.

Also does not appear to offer any compensation or grandfathering for already possessed devices.

Top Bottom