• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    Heard this morning that the Left's anti NRA campaign doesn't seem to be working too well. As of this morning, since the Florida shootings, Google searches on "how to join the NRA are up 48,000%". That's not a misprint that's 48,000%. Now obviously not all will join but also obviously some will.

The Left are SUCH morons.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    They have finally figured out if they get 5,000,001 liberal whack jobs to join they will outnumber us. Or whatever the commensurate life/voting member number is.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Nothing makes folks circle the wagons like a good ol' "us vs them"...and they are playing a fantastic "them".

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The 5 million number is what the left fundamentally gets wrong. That number merely represents the number of law-abiding gun owners who explicitly pay to support NRA's efforts each year. In reality, there are 100 million law-abiding gun owners, the vast majority of whom agree with and support-in-principle the NRA's efforts (and the civil rights that underlie those efforts).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I have not actually looked but a very well spoken young lady of color was saying the NRA was originally formed to arm/train Blacks to defend against the KKK.

As far fetched as this sounds I may do some digging.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So I have not actually looked but a very well spoken young lady of color was saying the NRA was originally formed to arm/train Blacks to defend against the KKK.

I believe this to be somewhat true? Not sure the Nra was formed explicitly for that role, but i do believe to help train and defend blacks against the KKK is true. I know ive read on this before. I too will have to dig into it more

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I believe this to be somewhat true? Not sure the Nra was formed explicitly for that role, but i do believe to help train and defend blacks against the KKK is true. I know ive read on this before. I too will have to dig into it more

The young lady seemed to be on point. Well spoken young Black conservative. She has a Youtube thing I have seen on FB before.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The 5 million number is what the left fundamentally gets wrong. That number merely represents the number of law-abiding gun owners who explicitly pay to support NRA's efforts each year. In reality, there are 100 million law-abiding gun owners, the vast majority of whom agree with and support-in-principle the NRA's efforts (and the civil rights that underlie those efforts).
    Guttfeld on the Five was making this point the other day when Juan Williams was deriding the money bought influence of the NRA. Guttfeld pointed out that they donate a fraction of the contributions from unions and other big donors and stated that their real influence comes from the millions of gun owners that vote based upon the common values they hold with the NRA.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

Original intent was to improve the marksmanship of the populace. Civil War generals were disappointed in the Yankee recruits' abilities to shoot. Basically the NRA was tasked to do so by congress much like the Red Cross is tasked with disaster relief & assistance.

It was in the 1950s & 60s when the NRA began getting more involved in the civil rights struggle. There were several programs designed to teach firearms safety and help legally arm the African American population which was under attack by the [STRIKE]military arm of the Democrat party[/STRIKE] KKK.

One of the biggest problems is that folks don't know the racist roots of gun control. It can be stated with some accuracy that the NRA is the oldest civil rights organization in America.

Good article here: https://ammo.com/articles/guns-nra-and-american-civil-rights-movement-guide

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Partially true.

The NRA was originally formed as a civilian marksmanship group, due to the abysmal marksmanship noted following the Civil War. That said, the NRA quickly assumed the role of arming and training freed blacks in the post-war south, so that they could defend themselves against lynch mobs.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since the Democrats were the party of the KKK and Jim Crow, that would explain why they continue to hate the NRA to this day.

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    Original intent was to improve the marksmanship of the populace. Civil War generals were disappointed in the Yankee recruits' abilities to shoot. Basically the NRA was tasked to do so by congress much like the Red Cross is tasked with disaster relief & assistance.

It was in the 1950s & 60s when the NRA began getting more involved in the civil rights struggle. There were several programs designed to teach firearms safety and help legally arm the African American population which was under attack by the [STRIKE]military arm of the Democrat party[/STRIKE] KKK.

One of the biggest problems is that folks don't know the racist roots of gun control. It can be stated with some accuracy that the NRA is the oldest civil rights organization in America.

Good article here: https://ammo.com/articles/guns-nra-and-american-civil-rights-movement-guide

Well that's true because of the POOR shooting by the Yankees in the Civil war but the NRA wasn't founded till 1871 so they missed the civil war. 'Gangs of New Yory" hit it pretty close in one area. Immigrants were taken right off the boats, most having NEVER fired a weapon, and given a Blue suit. Southerners grew up shooting.

Look at the casualty rates during battles. The Yankees just won by the numbers.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's not a misprint that's 48,000%

Yeah, I think it is a misprint. 48,000% is an astronomical number, even it it was 100 people per day looking, and I suspect many more than a hundred look each day. I looked, it's 4900%.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Since the Democrats were the party of the KKK and Jim Crow, that would explain why they continue to hate the NRA to this day.

It probably has something to do with, the more recent instance of, the NRA supporting the Republicans in disarming people in California because the Black Panthers thought that they had a RKBAs. :dunno:

Top Bottom