Liberals are organizing a campaign to get Bass Pro/Cabelas to end AR15 sales.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I just found this news story a few minutes ago.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/n...s-pro-stop-selling-ar-style-rifles/388820002/

Apparently, it looks like there is mounting pressure from the liberal anti-gun folks to get Cabelas/Bass Pro to follow Dick's and Walmart's example. I went over to the Facebook page for both Cabelas/Bass Pro and it looks like the liberals are posting there as well. Pro-2nd Amendment folks are posting their viewpoint but it can't hurt to have a few more responses in support of the RTKBA.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So long as those who can't be swayed from selling firearms continue to sell them, I don't really care how many other companies choose not to.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Choosing to is one thing. Choosing to because you believe most people want you to stop selling is different. Fight liberalism even on perceptions

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Choosing to is one thing. Choosing to because you believe most people want you to stop selling is different. Fight liberalism even on perceptions

They don't owe me any reasons for their choice.

However, if they offer a reason, I might tear it up and ridicule it. ;)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Once a product line is unprofitable or bad for corporate image, I can see dumping it. Now, if the whiners are potential customers or not is up the execs and marketing teams at the respective businesses to figure out.

I've got more respect for a company that dumps a product altogether then who decides to only selectively sell their products.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Small independent gun stores thank you for sending business their way. It also means that anyone expressing an interest in firearms is now more likely to go to somewhere that has been information, a wider range of products, and more accessories for their customers.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    For the folks that are upset by this, I'm curious how many AR15s you've bought at Cabelas? It wouldn't occur to me to look there when there are better/cheaper sources so I'm having trouble getting too worked up about this.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As guns and shooting supplies are probably a much larger percentage of Bass/Cabelas sales, I doubt they would do anything to antagonize the gun community.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Small independent gun stores thank you for sending business their way. It also means that anyone expressing an interest in firearms is now more likely to go to somewhere that has been information, a wider range of products, and more accessories for their customers.
    Mom and pop gun stores should get a boost.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Ok Starbucks we've had a rash of citizens with the jitters we're going to require you to stop selling coffee. A little earl grey should be sufficient.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For the folks that are upset by this, I'm curious how many AR15s you've bought at Cabelas? It wouldn't occur to me to look there when there are better/cheaper sources so I'm having trouble getting too worked up about this.

They're not my "go-to" store for anything. Some of them are sight-seeing opportunities. I've been to the #1 BPS store a couple of times and that one they have in Memphis, at the Pyramid, is something to see. But just because I don't buy much of anything from them doesn't mean I ought to ignore their plight. Somebody(s) are buying their guns there.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    They're not my "go-to" store for anything. Some of them are sight-seeing opportunities. I've been to the #1 BPS store a couple of times and that one they have in Memphis, at the Pyramid, is something to see. But just because I don't buy much of anything from them doesn't mean I ought to ignore their plight. Somebody(s) are buying their guns there.
    It doesn't sound like they have a "plight" - they have a simple business decision. Is selling ARs worth the loss of other business? For me personally, I have enough real issues in life that I don't need to get upset about things that don't impact me in any way whatsoever. I build my ARs from mail order or local gun store parts.

This outrage reminds me of a Fox News show I had to endure because it was playing on a TV in a hotel breakfast area. They had a poll where they wanted viewers to text a number depending on which silly story outraged them more. They presented two inconsequential stories. Something like a geezer who's HOA made him take down his flag versus some kid who got sent home because the school didn't like the text on his t-shirt. Two trivial things that should get nothing more than a shrug, but some people just can't get through their day without something to be outraged about.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    They should opt to just stop selling assembled rifles and simply sell all the parts. Anti 2a people would be too confused only seeing stripped lowers and uppers. Plus its more fun to build your own rifle anyway.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I highly doubt that BP/Cabelas will cave to this pressure. I shop at them both a lot. Mostly because they are both within a 15 minute drive. My youngest daughter loves going to both stores, especially for the activities and Santa at BP. If they do cave, they will definitely lose my buisness.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It doesn't sound like they have a "plight" - they have a simple business decision. Is selling ARs worth the loss of other business? For me personally, I have enough real issues in life that I don't need to get upset about things that don't impact me in any way whatsoever. I build my ARs from mail order or local gun store parts.

This outrage reminds me of a Fox News show I had to endure because it was playing on a TV in a hotel breakfast area. They had a poll where they wanted viewers to text a number depending on which silly story outraged them more. They presented two inconsequential stories. Something like a geezer who's HOA made him take down his flag versus some kid who got sent home because the school didn't like the text on his t-shirt. Two trivial things that should get nothing more than a shrug, but some people just can't get through their day without something to be outraged about.

I'm coming more and more to the conclusion that watching any cable news network programming throughout the week is detrimental to your health. Definitely detrimental to our country as a whole.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I really don't understand the aspects of social media shaming. It's like a tv, if you don't see something you like, change the channel, if there's nothing on, turn it off. How people can accept social media as the world's conscience or moral compass is beyond me, the middle ages are long past.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I really don't understand the aspects of social media shaming. It's like a tv, if you don't see something you like, change the channel, if there's nothing on, turn it off. How people can accept social media as the world's conscience or moral compass is beyond me, the middle ages are long past.
    Over 2/3 of Americans got their news from social media last years. That's truly scary.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Oh I'm not upset. It'll not affect me one iota if they dried up and went away today. All I'm saying is I support them against their enemies, putting this anti-gun freedom pressure against them. They are my enemy (politically at least) too. I hope they stand strong and don't give them an inch.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I hear you. I don't understand it either. But it's a thing. The hashtag has been given great and tremendous power.

Top Bottom