• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I guarantee you they will be pressure on him to keep a liberal in there if one retires, I can only hope it keeps his promise to put in constitutionally minded, and therefore likely conservative judges. But if the gun control issue is any indication he could flip flop at any moment.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    I keep hearing that Kennedy may step down, but no one who claims a close association with him has said this, to my knowledge. I will believe it when I see it. Health wise, Ruth Bader Ginzberg should have stepped down years ago, but there she is. Idle speculation is mostly a waste of time. Trump has a short list, I'm sure. When there is a vacancy, that is the time to put on the full-court-press (no pun intended) for another constitutional conservative.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I find the idea that presidents would put aside political ideology to seek "balance" on SCOTUS amusing. Does anybody believe for a minute that if all the conservative justices dropped dead Hillary would have promoted the idea of a "balanced" court?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I find the idea that presidents would put aside political ideology to seek "balance" on SCOTUS amusing. Does anybody believe for a minute that if all the conservative justices dropped dead Hillary would have promoted the idea of a "balanced" court?

Thank you... Exactly.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Of course she would have. It would have been balanced in her favor.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Isn't it amazing how approximately 330,000,000 supposedly free individuals will let 5 people in black robes rule over their lives?

Welcome to the oligarchy.

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy

Which is precisely why electing Hillary would have been a disaster of epic proportion.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Trump finding a liberal enough judge might be a problem, they'd run for their lives at the mere sight of him.

Naw, he's going to stack the court, that's what we all voted for.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Naw, he's going to stack the court, that's what we all voted for.

post-Mila-Kunis-smile-and-nod-gif-Px7M-smleandnod_zps5ad4e38c.gif~c200

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

bipartisanship is where both republicans and democrats work together to advance the democrat agenda

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

There isn't even any need to speculate. We just saw what happened when Scalia died; rejoicing from the left that the court was going to flip and then outrage when it didn't happen. I can't imagine we would be any different, but it is certainly evidence that they aren't serious about balance.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Am I wrong to think that the constitution doesn't actually provide a legal basis to even have a Supreme Court? One of the largest issues that i see is no term limits on these "people in power". A position for life? By appointments? :dunno:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Am I wrong to think that the constitution doesn't actually provide a legal basis to even have a Supreme Court? One of the largest issues that i see is no term limits on these "people in power". A position for life? By appointments? :dunno:

Read the U.S. Constitution.

Article 2 section 2
    Article 3, particularly sections 1 and 2

Last edited:
    Top Bottom