• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lwright

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Anyone think still think that Trump is playing a game with all this anti 2A stuff? I used to, but am starting to worry that he may stab us in the back.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I imagine guns are the LAST thing on his plate now with the negations with north korea.

It appears that this "negotiation" claim are substantially inflated. Apparently the South Koreans didn't want to make the statement they did the other night, because they didn't think it sincere, but were forced to, because once Trump got wind of the letter he wanted to make a big hoopla.

OP, I'm unsure if the president will "stab us in the back," his base is strong 2A, and he can't afford to lose any part of it. He's made some troubling statements, sure, but I doubt he'll fall of the deep end.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Anyone think still think that Trump is playing a game with all this anti 2A stuff? I used to, but am [STRIKE]starting to worry that he may stab us in the back[/STRIKE] sure glad that Hillary isn't President because she would have tried to ban all guns by now, that ****ing c***.

FIFY

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There is reason to stay concerned. He said what he said.

I also think Trump got a real reality check by a whole lot of important folks.

Can't help but notice that the president quickly made some huge moves that took the media away from his gun control summit. He hasn't commented about it since.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I think there has always been plenty of evidence that Trump doesn't really have a core set of values; he's essentially a populist, or at least wishes to appear to be so. Hopefully, the right people can keep him convinced that what the media represents as popular with the people is not necessarily the case. Fortunately, it seems it would be easy to convince him the media isn't giving him an accurate picture. Unfortunately, it also appears there are people close to him that are not on our side. In any case, the safest bet with any President is to make sure no anti-gun bills wind up on his desk to either sign or veto!

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    He does say a lot of non palatable things, but I'm trying to judge by his actions.
    The mental health thing is a slippery slope for sure especially when every human being emotion is considered a mental health problem (the current DSM), but as far as I can see no legislation has been passed yet that conserns me.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Be cautious, be very cautious:

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.
    “Allow due process so no one’s rights are trampled, but the ability to go to court, obtain an order and then collect not only the firearms but any weapons,” Pence said.
    "Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court," Trump responded.

Personally, I don't trust him at all.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not sure of the validity of it, but supposedly he was congratulating the Gov of Florida on trying to implement some gun bans.

THAT is deeply concerning.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I imagine guns are the LAST thing on his plate now with the negations with north korea.
    Well. I’ve had about enough of “Trump’s so busy being the most awsomest perssident ever” excuse. He’s not playing 4d chess with anyone. He’s not a genius. He’s not even particularly a good negotiator. He sounds pretty serious to me about where he stands on the 2A, and it’s not with me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What's the better realistic 2020 alternative to Trump?

None.

But if Hillary were in office and the republicans held the house and senate, do we really think there'd be any equivocating with age limits, bump stocks, etc. that various republicans are getting wishy-washy on now? Sandy Hook was probably as bad as Parkland but with Obama in office, the republicans at least had an ideological reason to not go wobbly. With Trump's unfortunate undisciplined populism, the weak-kneed repubs have cover to give this round of gun control legs.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Trump is impulsive, petulant, and an egomaniac attention whore. And yeah I voted for him and I’ll probably have to vote for him again. If he has a chance to nominate another Supreme Court justice and they’re not a strict Constructionist, if they are someone that nominates to add “balance” I don’t know what I’ll do. Whatever I do I’ll probably have lots of company. And we will all be pissed and revved up and ready to effect change.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What's the better realistic 2020 alternative to Trump?

Is that what you’re left with as a defense? Well, it’s all we got?

No. It’s not. How about in 2020 we don’t elect a Democrat as the Republican nominee, a reality TV host! Why don’t you have a wall yet? Because Trump doesn’t give a **** about that. It’s something he said to a crowd, they cheered, and so he said it more. Same with Guns.

Who in 2020? I hope someone half-assed decent will primarily him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump is impulsive, petulant, and an egomaniac attention whore. And yeah I voted for him and I’ll probably have to vote for him again. If he has a chance to nominate another Supreme Court justice and they’re not a strict Constructionist, if they are someone that nominates to add “balance” I don’t know what I’ll do. Whatever I do I’ll probably have lots of company. And we will all be pissed and revved up and ready to effect change.

I voted for him too, bit only because it’s the turd the primaries left me with. But he proported to be a pro 2a turd. And that’s better than the criminal leftist turd he ran against. That 2A support strippedstripped away makes him just a turd. And I’m kinda pissed off about that.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I voted for him too, bit only because it’s the turd the primaries left me with. But he proported to be a pro 2a turd. And that’s better than the criminal leftist turd he ran against. That 2A support strippedstripped away makes him just a turd. And I’m kinda pissed off about that.

QFT

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

On this issue me to.

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think there has always been plenty of evidence that Trump doesn't really have a core set of values; he's essentially a populist, or at least wishes to appear to be so. Hopefully, the right people can keep him convinced that what the media represents as popular with the people is not necessarily the case. Fortunately, it seems it would be easy to convince him the media isn't giving him an accurate picture. Unfortunately, it also appears there are people close to him that are not on our side. In any case, the safest bet with any President is to make sure no anti-gun bills wind up on his desk to either sign or veto!

1. That was my main concern with Trump during the primary and election cycle. We were left with the lesser of 2 evils just as we always are, it just happened that this time the lesser evil just happened to not be an establishment politician.

2. So the safety of our rights rest with the swamp/GOPe? That's not the situation that I had hoped we would be in almost 1.5 years into Trump's presidency.

For the record I am not a NeverTrump'er, I was happy that he won. However, I think that all elected officials need to have their feet held to the fire when/if they back off from their campaign promises and/or ignore the Constitution.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

But if it comes down to Ellison v Trump in 2020 (or Sanders v Trump or Warren v Trump for that matter), I'm going to vote for him again. Luckily, I don't have to make up my mind for another 2 1/2 years. In the interim, in 2018 the choice is easy, vote conservatives who display backbone. Ones who can help Trump when he seeks to do good and push back when he seeks to backslide. And, personally, I would seek congresscritters who are strict constructionist, too. I just can't find very many here in Ohio, which unless I go full Commiecrat, is the only place I can vote

Top Bottom