• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone else find it funny people say gun owners should be required to have insurance, then start to scream "murder insurance" when people get insurance?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I think that gun rights advocates can have a crisis response team with well prepared talking points and facts to start countering the inevitable narrative from the get go, and to acknowledge that while it was a tragedy that the we should wait until we have a better idea of the facts. No more trying to punt until cooler heads can prevail.

That way those who value our rights may defend them, without sinking to the level of exploiting tragedy and emotions.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think that gun rights advocates can have a crisis response team with well prepared talking points and facts to start countering the inevitable narrative from the get go, and to acknowledge that while it was a tragedy that the we should wait until we have a better idea of the facts. No more trying to punt until cooler heads can prevail.

That way those who value our rights may defend them, without sinking to the level of exploiting tragedy and emotions.

Do you think the media is going to play?
    Cause I'm pretty sure we could have events with 10,000 people, and it wouldn't make the news.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The media never plays, and for the foreseeable future it never will. But that does not mean that we keep letting the grass grow under our feet, surrender the initiative, and keep playing defense.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The media never plays, and for the foreseeable future it never will. But that does not mean that we keep letting the grass grow under our feet, surrender the initiative, and keep playing defense.

Our best bet short term, write politicians.
    Let them know, unlike anti-gunners, we vote this issue.

Long term, take people shooting.
    And educate them.

Maybe other areas of Indiana can work with the DNR and have a public/family shoot like we have in NWI.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I think your ideas are medium to long term, with a focus on protecting gun rights legally and culturally. Short term messages to influence the narrative is where we are lacking as a community.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If 10,000 gun owners showed up at the march for our lives rally? I think that would make the news

We had a march at the Statehouse, threads around here somewhere. Numbered in the thousands, can't remember how many. Indy news reported it as "hundreds" if I remember, maybe it was "dozens". They only showed pictures zoomed in so you couldn't see the crowd size.

Anti-gunners then had a rally, for a short time. Numbered in the "dozens". Once again, zoomed in so you couldn't see how many. Reported as being "hundreds".

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We had a march at the Statehouse, threads around here somewhere. Numbered in the thousands, can't remember how many. Indy news reported it as "hundreds" if I remember, maybe it was "dozens". They only showed pictures zoomed in so you couldn't see the crowd size.

Anti-gunners then had a rally, for a short time. Numbered in the "dozens". Once again, zoomed in so you couldn't see how many. Reported as being "hundreds".

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ent-gathering-state-capitol-feb-8-2013-a.html

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    a lot of the pictures are no longer available.
    some of the news stories are no longer available.

somewhere in there, someone estimated crowd size. 2 methods. counting people in a video as we walked past for a given amount of time, then extrapolating. And counting people in a square, then counting how many squares we occupied.

some pics are here
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-gathering-state-capitol-feb-8-2013-a-69.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-gathering-state-capitol-feb-8-2013-a-65.html

This article is still there. It says "dozens"
    https://www.wthr.com/article/second-amendment-supporters-rally-at-indiana-statehouse-for-gun-rights

comments here estimate 750 to 1,000
    [video=youtube;tXV1VGXa1Dg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXV1VGXa1Dg[/video]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Was that you? I didn't reread the whole thread.

That was Car Ramrod, I talked to him but didn't know he was an INGOer. I don't think I'm in any picture, but I was there and it was CCOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDD!! I remember Que speaking, he was awesome.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I wouldn’t want to stoop to the level of waiting for dead children to push an agenda but there are some things “our side” could do to be on offense, expanding gun rights instead of weathering these storms hoping to hold the line.

The Right Needs To Learn From The Astroturfing Of The Parkland Victims

Is this actually going to be effective, or rebound on the organizers? Isn't the American public getting tired of the left crying 'wolf' continually?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom