Join the South Bend gun control "March For Our Lives"counterprotest on March 24!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Count Blackula

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Mishawaka
    There's a nationwide gun control demonstration March 24th, so like jmpupillo organized in Valparaiso, I'm organizing a South Bend counterprotest:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1967918226857266/

We need all the support we can get, so please follow the link for more details and attend it (be sure to click the "Going" button).

Since politics can be a game, and appearance in politics is important, DO NOT CARRY ANY LONG GUNS, DO NOT WEAR CAMOUFLAGE/TACTICAL GEAR, and DO NOT BRING ANY TEMPERS. If we want to convince people of our rights, we MUST be peaceful and civil.

Thanks,

Andrew

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    "Interested" - so I can follow and Share - there is now 1 prepping in Indianapolis (FB friend started it yesterday) ...
    sharing here and in other to get word out ... I am going to try to help direct / coord efforts ...

I like the way you worded no long guns on the FB event ...
    ... note (person IMO) ... I would not include EDC's that are often (at least by many of my friends, and even me) OC'd
    ... anyway ... you're house ... as the saying goes.

INDY EVENT:
    (Not this and the info w/ it is not mine ... I'm working to 'improve it' a bit) ...

https://www.facebook.com/events/446358172466990/

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The law in Indiana is clear. We can carry rifles without a license and we need a license to carry handguns. Good luck with the event; I would consider attending if I can carry as I choose.

I suppose if one really wanted to push the issue they could carry a Mossberg Shockwave since Indiana considers it a handgun.

inchrisin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    There's a nationwide gun control demonstration March 24th, so like jmpupillo organized in Valparaiso, I'm organizing a South Bend counterprotest:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1967918226857266/

We need all the support we can get, so please follow the link for more details and attend it (be sure to click the "Going" button).

Since politics can be a game, and appearance in politics is important, DO NOT OPEN CARRY ANY FIREARMS, DO NOT WEAR CAMOUFLAGE/TACTICAL GEAR, and DO NOT BRING ANY TEMPERS. If we want to convince people of our rights, we MUST be peaceful and civil.

Thanks,

Andrew
    I hope that you all stay safe up there. Remember that we're your neighbors and we've got your back. I'll be in Indy at the circle taking pics of the police with guns. I'll probably thank them for their service.

Count Blackula

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Mishawaka
    The law in Indiana is clear. We can carry rifles without a license and we need a license to carry handguns.

Of course. Unfortunately some see any non-soldier, policeman, etc carrying a scary-looking (to them) rifle as the end of the world, and would see us as monsters. As a handgun is the most practical firearm for people that wish to arm themselves as they go about their daily business, I'd rather send a message of "We're normal people like you" rather than carry long guns and say "We mean business."

EDIT: I just realized the OP said no firearms at all, instead of the Facebook event's no long guns. So OP has been edited.

Last edited:

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    Do you have a link to the Valparaiso march?

Edit: Nevermind, found it! Good luck to all, be safe and be smart out there!

Last edited:

Count Blackula

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Love to see some AAR after you're done!

(I think this rally is later!)

We had a decent turn out of ~10, so thanks to those that came! And for being civil, despite a father crassly thinking lesser of us. Other than that father, I talked to two of the opposition; they got a bit emotional and didn't make a ton of sense. Two people driving by asked what was happening; one (passing through from Montana!) was pro-gun and asked how these tragedies could be prevented; the other didn't agree with us ("wanted schools to be safe"), but was at least civil about it. As the opposing rally ended, we talked to a cop for a bit (I didn't pay a ton of attention, as my chronic pain was starting to get to me), and then a lady from Elkhart (who went to the Valpo march) joined us as I was leaving around 6:30. I was the only one with a sign though; we needed more!

We need to keep organized, and a local group, 2nd Amendment Patriots, has monthly meetings every month's last Tuesday (so this Tuesday, the 27th) at 6:30 PM at the Mishawaka Republican Headquarters (208 S Byrkit Street). You don't have to be a Republican to join, and bring your own dinner if you wish! If any of this info is wrong, do correct me.

Top Bottom