• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is this where we're headed? I can see SJWs salivating over a system like this to punish those not on board the progressive express. No box cars needed, just big data

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...4bfff693d2b_story.html?utm_term=.8238be4710aa
    Someone is watching you

So when does “nudge” come to “shove”? We don’t have to theorize about the far end of that spectrum. The future is now, in the form of China’s new “social credit system,” already in effect for volunteers and becoming mandatory in 2020. Citizens conforming to governmentally approved behaviors will earn a high numerical rating; nonconformists can expect unhappy consequences. Those with high scores will enjoy a multitude of preferences, ranging from VIP hotel rooms and air travel to better schools for their children. Paying your bills, or spending money on work clothes instead of video games, will be worth points. But to protect your high rating, be sure to say nice things, and never, never skeptical things, about the government, in your digital life, or be linked to others who do. This all is designed to deliver, in author Rachel Botsman’s apt coinage, “gamified obedience.”

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Asian societies are conformist to their core. Wonder what the public opinion polls say about this - over there?

If you could just get one honest data point, before everyone becomes aware the Matrix Has Them (and presumably knows what they're saying)...I'd bet you five bucks they're mostly in favor of it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Socialmediaism, the newest form of communism! Although, Zuckerfag makes a ****ty Stalin/Marx/Mao/Che/Castro/Ortega, how many others didn’t make the system work in whatever name/form they touted?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Socialmediaism, the newest form of communism! Although, Zuckerfag makes a ****ty Stalin/Marx/Mao/Che/Castro/Ortega, how many others didn’t make the system work in whatever name/form they touted?

He may grow into his new role. He has certainly shown a desire to grasp all the power within reach

I can only assume being active on INGO might depress our scores

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    That was a very depressing article. I wonder how long until sites like INGO are deemed inappropriate to the greater good of the proletariat.

14te.png

Guess I have a bunk reserved at the FEMA camp, because I refuse to comply. :abused:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Why should my social credit score be any different than my financial credit score? Oh well, I’m still top of the class for BMI, LDL, and A1C, so I’ve got that going for me!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    “It gone daddy gone”, “day after day”, “old mother regan”would not have gone this far, they should “kiss off”, “waiting on the bus” should be different now, “children of the revolution “ stand and fight, “i’m Nothing” against this, “give me the car “ I can drive away this could be the “country death song” .....I can’t remember anymore off the top of my head.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Moving back towards the feudalistic society they once were, the basic tenets of which were, stay where you are, do what you're told, and we'll take care of you.

The 4th estate becomes the clergy, as big media merges with social media.

Top Bottom