Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    mexico.caravan.png

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've seen the pictures on the TV news, and you're probably right as far as mexico is concerned, they are just passing through.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If Mexico assists the illegals coming our way, that is a fine excuse for us. We can then stick a tariff on goods coming to the US out of Mexico. That tariff will effectively have Mexico pay for the wall. :yesway:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    There are areas of the border that require a real wall (areas with adjoining urban communities) but with modern technology, I doubt we need a 'great wall of china' from the gulf to the pacific. I'm NOT saying we don't need to secure the border though. Since the issue is really one of national security--we've got paramilitary narco-cartels importing drugs, drug-wars, sex slaves, illegal immigrants, and ...terrorists--and Congress won't act, Trump ought to just MILITARIZE the border. triple rows of concertina wire with troops in over-watch, backed up by indirect fire and airborne reinforcements, could close the border like a rat-trap. Star shells and firing over their heads, ought to be enough to redirect illegal immigrants to the nearest consulate. As for distinguishing between illegal immigrants and narco gangsters, we've got the best night vision equipment to be had

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    There are areas of the border that require a real wall (areas with adjoining urban communities) but with modern technology, I doubt we need a 'great wall of china' from the gulf to the pacific. I'm NOT saying we don't need to secure the border though. Since the issue is really one of national security--we've got paramilitary narco-cartels importing drugs, drug-wars, sex slaves, illegal immigrants, and ...terrorists--and Congress won't act, Trump ought to just MILITARIZE the border. triple rows of concertina wire with troops in over-watch, backed up by indirect fire and airborne reinforcements, could close the border like a rat-trap. Star shells and firing over their heads, ought to be enough to redirect illegal immigrants to the nearest consulate. As for distinguishing between illegal immigrants and narco gangsters, we've got the best night vision equipment to be had

It DOES sound like a job for my ma, around here we just called her deuce.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I would be willing to bet those militia types that like to guard the border will be more than happy to meet them. I forget what organization that was.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Depends on what is seen as a priority.
    Stormy Daniels seems more important than illegal immigration to the country at large.

I don't really disagree on that narrow point.

But, "illegal immigration" isn't really "killing the country" either.

The affair tabloidism is a social bottom feeder issue.*

The illegal immigration histrionic is a populist bottom feeder issue.

*I have no idea if that is a pun of one of her movies or not.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't really disagree on that narrow point.

But, "illegal immigration" isn't really "killing the country" either.

The affair tabloidism is a social bottom feeder issue.*

The illegal immigration histrionic is a populist bottom feeder issue.

*I have no idea if that is a pun of one of her movies or not.

Clear something up for me. Do we have fantastically low unemployment, or are illegals talking all of our jobs?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

No thank you.

We need a solid continuous structure that cannot readily be turned off or ordered to be unmonitored. The dems are doing their best to talk us into something that they can easily undo when they get back in. We must make this as undoable as possible, requiring lots of noise and demolition if attempted.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No thank you.

We need a solid continuous structure that cannot readily be turned off or ordered to be unmonitored. The dems are doing their best to talk us into something that they can easily undo when they get back in. We must make this as undoable as possible, requiring lots of noise and demolition if attempted.

A solid continuous structure is useless without the will and manpower to enforce it. It's just a big, expensive, symbol. You can't even keep out Mongol Hordes without well trained men and an ROE to protect it with deadly force (as the Chinese learned centuries ago and the rawest Combat Engineer can tell you today...)

You want to stop illegals? Remove the economic incentives that bring them here. Give up the BS about "...jobs Americans won't do", enforce labor laws, etc. Walls are speed bumps, and once they aren't tended they aren't even that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A solid continuous structure is useless without the will and manpower to enforce it. It's just a big, expensive, symbol. You can't even keep out Mongol Hordes without well trained men and an ROE to protect it with deadly force (as the Chinese learned centuries ago and the rawest Combat Engineer can tell you today...)

You want to stop illegals? Remove the economic incentives that bring them here. Give up the BS about "...jobs Americans won't do", enforce labor laws, etc. Walls are speed bumps, and once they aren't tended they aren't even that.

We need to do it all, including the big expensive symbol.

The BS your talking is all liberal BS. They are seeking the illegal votes, so they can outnumber the rest of us.

We need to get this done now, while we can. The libs are continually creating more and more BS to kill time and the stucture of the wall all together.

Along with the wall, the border policy needs to be established for them to have to noticably undo.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Three bands of laser directed automatic fire.
    • 10 feet inside the border, paint balls
    • 25 feet inside the border, bean bags and rubber bullits
    • 50 feet inside border...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Clear something up for me. Do we have fantastically low unemployment, or are illegals talking all of our jobs?

I remain steadfast in my belief that any American citizen who can work and wants to work can get a job that will allow them to live independently within their means. When they learn that job well, they can probably even get promoted to live better.

I also steadfastly believe that any American citizen who can work but doesn't want to, doesn't have to. They can cobble together a lifestyle that takes advantage of others.

Not sure if that's a direct answer to your question or not.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I remain steadfast in my belief that any American citizen who can work and wants to work can get a job that will allow them to live independently within their means. When they learn that job well, they can probably even get promoted to live better.

I also steadfastly believe that any American citizen who can work but doesn't want to, doesn't have to. They can cobble together a lifestyle that takes advantage of others.

Not sure if that's a direct answer to your question or not.

It may not be a direct answer to my question, but at least you outed yourself as a lover of illegal aliens....that's not worth nothing.

Top Bottom