• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    This going to be a tight primary IMO. I'm a little biased. I grew up a few blocks from Luke Messer. I always thought he was a great guy. I seem to agree with his core principles. According to the Braun ads, Rokita and Messer have had very similar voting records.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I like the outsider, for the reason he's an outsider. Keep in mind who voted for the omnibus bill. I did hear Braun liked the gas tax, but his ads are pretty spot on. We just need to make sure no democrat gets in. Thats the fast track to ruin. I heard while braun was in office, he pushed to deregulate and lower taxes on an industry that he has financial dealings in. Sure, looks bad. Did he push for lower taxes and deregulation in other sectors? If so, then who the heck cares, the lower taxes and less regulation we have the better. I like Braun's line that both the other guys are lawyers that never practiced. They've been there forever, made a life off tax payer money and we all know the'll continue to do just that for themselves. I like a successful guy going into office. I dont like a career politician.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    All I know about Braun is what I heard on one of his radio ads.

It appears that he's a christian that's pro-life and conservative. Because he's a conservative pro-life christian who you'll find at church on Sundays. With his family, on account of him being a family-values christian with conservative christian pro-life values. He also love Jesus and his family. You know, due to his midwestern conservative, pro-life christian values.

I wish I were exaggerating, but the entire ad sounds like this.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess Braun was a Rep when he was in the legislature? It's been reported he voted in every democrat primary up until something like 2012. That could mean he's just doing his own "operation chaos" but I'd never heard of him before this election.

Would any of them support Austin Petersen's bill to repeal the NFA? That's the acid test.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I guess Braun was a Rep when he was in the legislature? It's been reported he voted in every democrat primary up until something like 2012. That could mean he's just doing his own "operation chaos" but I'd never heard of him before this election.

Would any of them support Austin Petersen's bill to repeal the NFA? That's the acid test.

A return to the golden years of the late 70s and early 80s would be great. Great memories of that era.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    I don't have a strong preference between the three....but what is crucial is that the nominee can run an effective campaign against Donnelly. There will be many "traps" set for the nominee to step into and whoever it is has to be smart enough to know what NOT to say when baited. You can bet there will be TONS of outside money poured into supporting Donnelly plus the biased media will help set those traps. We have to avoid a repeat of a Richard Murdock self-destruction.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I wonder who's the money person or persons behind Braun. With all the adds he runs. In a Rokita add they say Braun voted for Obama and Hillary. I like Rokita's add with him shooting an AR.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wonder who's the money person or persons behind Braun. With all the adds he runs. In a Rokita add they say Braun voted for Obama and Hillary. I like Rokita's add with him shooting an AR.

In an article I recently read, he's dropped a bunch of his own money into this campaign.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't give a **** who is the "R" candidate, as long as they can beat bail out Joe.

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I remember seeing Andrew Horning at his booth at the 1500 gun show back in January. I don't really know anything about him, except that he is running as a Republican now and has run as a Libertarian in the past.

What do y'all think of him? Does he have a shot at the primary?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I remember seeing Andrew Horning at his booth at the 1500 gun show back in January. I don't really know anything about him, except that he is running as a Republican now and has run as a Libertarian in the past.

Nope. He's an INGO member. A few years ago, when he was running for some office or another, he'd make appearances here. He doesn't like to answer questions.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for the comments guys. I'd like to shake it down to one candidate the the INGO group could agree on if that's possible. Please advise if you know of any RINO leanings any of these candidates may have.

I came from Illinois, a RINO paradise. Used to make me sick to vote R and have the guy stick it to us.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    All I know about Braun is what I heard on one of his radio ads.

It appears that he's a christian that's pro-life and conservative. Because he's a conservative pro-life christian who you'll find at church on Sundays. With his family, on account of him being a family-values christian with conservative christian pro-life values. He also love Jesus and his family. You know, due to his midwestern conservative, pro-life christian values.

I wish I were exaggerating, but the entire ad sounds like this.

Well, I know who I'm not voting for.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Braun voting as a democrat in the past, spoiler or current RINO?

Regardless, when it comes to the final election in November, button R will be pushed as we cannot afford a democrat run government.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel

No chance to beat the other 3 in the primary. However I hope he or any of other two losers in the primary do not choose to make an independent or Libertarian run. What we don't need is somebody else running who can take votes away from the Republican nominee and give the election to Donnelly. I do not welcome any Libertarian candidate in this year's election.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy

That is CORRECT. Braun was a Registered Democrat till 2012. He changed to GOP then because under Indiana law you can not run for a party till you voted for that party in the previous election. Another R.I.N.O. looking for a Cush Gov. job.

TERM LIMITS FOR ALL ELECTED OFFICIALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom