Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Indiana Senator Election

Other than the ads on tv, I know nothing about the candidates. Is Rokita as good as the ad is?

User Info Menu

I like Braun's ad's, reminds me of Ross Perot.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

This going to be a tight primary IMO. I'm a little biased. I grew up a few blocks from Luke Messer. I always thought he was a great guy. I seem to agree with his core principles. According to the Braun ads, Rokita and Messer have had very similar voting records.
    "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

Expert

User Info Menu

I like the outsider, for the reason he's an outsider. Keep in mind who voted for the omnibus bill. I did hear Braun liked the gas tax, but his ads are pretty spot on. We just need to make sure no democrat gets in. Thats the fast track to ruin. I heard while braun was in office, he pushed to deregulate and lower taxes on an industry that he has financial dealings in. Sure, looks bad. Did he push for lower taxes and deregulation in other sectors? If so, then who the heck cares, the lower taxes and less regulation we have the better. I like Braun's line that both the other guys are lawyers that never practiced. They've been there forever, made a life off tax payer money and we all know the'll continue to do just that for themselves. I like a successful guy going into office. I dont like a career politician.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese!

User Info Menu

All I know about Braun is what I heard on one of his radio ads.

It appears that he's a christian that's pro-life and conservative. Because he's a conservative pro-life christian who you'll find at church on Sundays. With his family, on account of him being a family-values christian with conservative christian pro-life values. He also love Jesus and his family. You know, due to his midwestern conservative, pro-life christian values.

I wish I were exaggerating, but the entire ad sounds like this.
    If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

User Info Menu

I guess Braun was a Rep when he was in the legislature? It's been reported he voted in every democrat primary up until something like 2012. That could mean he's just doing his own "operation chaos" but I'd never heard of him before this election.

Would any of them support Austin Petersen's bill to repeal the NFA? That's the acid test.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    I guess Braun was a Rep when he was in the legislature? It's been reported he voted in every democrat primary up until something like 2012. That could mean he's just doing his own "operation chaos" but I'd never heard of him before this election.

Would any of them support Austin Petersen's bill to repeal the NFA? That's the acid test.
    A return to the golden years of the late 70s and early 80s would be great. Great memories of that era.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    A return to the golden years of the late 70s and early 80s would be great. Great memories of that era.
    It'd be a good start.
    INGOer #18,319

Plinker

User Info Menu

I don't have a strong preference between the three....but what is crucial is that the nominee can run an effective campaign against Donnelly. There will be many "traps" set for the nominee to step into and whoever it is has to be smart enough to know what NOT to say when baited. You can bet there will be TONS of outside money poured into supporting Donnelly plus the biased media will help set those traps. We have to avoid a repeat of a Richard Murdock self-destruction.

User Info Menu

I wonder who's the money person or persons behind Braun. With all the adds he runs. In a Rokita add they say Braun voted for Obama and Hillary. I like Rokita's add with him shooting an AR.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast