• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I received an email from a Friends of the NRA committee member yesterday informing me that the Yeti company has just pulled all of their branded items from the Friends of the NRA banquets.
    They have evidently been receiving pressure from the anti-gun crowd and decided to capitulate.

I've never bought any Yeti items in the past.
    I'm sure I won't now.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not too surprised, as they are based in the liberal mecca of the Southwest!? I will be contacting them Monday to voice my displeasure with their decision. Oh, and I’ll take pictures of the Pelican products I will replace my Yeti products with.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That's strange considering how many hunting shows pimp their product.

I agree.
    Ostracizing a large portion of your customer base doesn't seem like a good business model.

I just sent corporate an email simply asking for clarification as to their reason for dropping support.
    I'll post the response when I receive it.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I agree.
    Ostracizing a large portion of your customer base doesn't seem like a good business model.
    I will bet that the large portion isn’t as large as you may think. Every time a Yeti discussion comes up on any of the “sportsman or gun pages” I frequent, the first thing they say is “too much money” Walmart has...and so on. Soccer mommies and granola crunchy libs are far more likely to spend the ducats than “us”.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    That's ok, the Ozark trails can cooler and coffee cup work just as well as the yeti for about 1/4 the $
    Never understood why someone would pay the asking price for anything yeti

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    Overpriced to begin with. Maybe they don't realize that those who might have the disposable income to consider paying an outrageous premium for their stuff may also lean right vs. left. One thing fore sure is that there is ZERO chance of getting my $.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Let's see....I manufacture products for American Beer Drinkers. But, I'm gonna boycott the NRA.

I think their VP of Strategy and Marketing should lay off the ludes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let's see....I manufacture products for American Beer Drinkers. But, I'm gonna boycott the NRA.

I think their VP of Strategy and Marketing should lay off the ludes.

Not to many here will get the reference but I do.

We all need to let them know that these decisions have consequences.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I hope this crap ends pretty soon. Like others have said, this particular one I can't boycott because I've never seen reason to pay what they ask for their products in the first place. Hopefully they come back around.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I hope this crap ends pretty soon. Like others have said, this particular one I can't boycott because I've never seen reason to pay what they ask for their products in the first place. Hopefully they come back around.
    Come back around to what, people who have stated they won’t buy their products anyway?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It's sort of like Chick-Fil-A for me. It's a great chicken sandwich. Probably the best in fast food. But the owner made a political statement. I happen to agree with the owner (for the most part) but I don't want politics shoved down my throat when I'm ordering lunch. So, I haven't been back to CFA in awhile.

If there is anything I've learned in business over the years it's that it's hard to get new customers and sometimes even harder to keep the ones you have. It is in your interest not to **** them off.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It's sort of like Chick-Fil-A for me. It's a great chicken sandwich. Probably the best in fast food. But the owner made a political statement. I happen to agree with the owner (for the most part) but I don't want politics shoved down my throat when I'm ordering lunch. So, I haven't been back to CFA in awhile.

If there is anything I've learned in business over the years it's that it's hard to get new customers and sometimes even harder to keep the ones you have. It is in your interest not to **** them off.
    They are playing the averages, most who have posted in this thread have never, nor will they ever have bought anything from Yeti because of price. Did Yeti lose them as customers? No, they would never have been customers. Yeti has a solid following of granola crunchy REI outdoorsy folks who buy their products.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I can not help but think these companys are not seeing a broader customer base when the make these political stands.
    We need as a group to apply some pressure. The left has this down to a science. We need to capture one of the party handbooks.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Another reason to not buy their overpriced crap.

Bob

THIS ^^^^ Their price to value ratio is way out of whack. If your cooler costs 3X as much as a competitor, it better be 3X as good and that is just not so

Already not doing business with them, now I just have a better reason not to and to dog them in reviews as quislings

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I can not help but think these companys are not seeing a broader customer base when the make these political stands.
    We need as a group to apply some pressure. The left has this down to a science. We need to capture one of the party handbooks.
    Pressure means dollars, dollars that most here will not spend with Yeti, so Yeti virtue signals to its actual base of money spending customers. Now, if you were to go out and buy Pelican coolers, and post them to Yeti’s Facebook, they may listen, but that won’t happen either, as Pelican coolers cost as much as Yeti.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    THIS ^^^^ Their price to value ratio is way out of whack. If your cooler costs 3X as much as a competitor, it better be 3X as good and that is just not so

Already not doing business with them, now I just have a better reason not to and to dog them in reviews as quislings
    So, you’re not a customer, and never planned to be, so why is their action bothering you?

Top Bottom