• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I heard a left wing talking mouth state today that there is no violation of attorney/client privilege going on here. His belief is that Trump’s attorney may have done something wrong so they are going after him. And . . . . . if they just happen to uncover something related to Trump that Trump did wrong, that’s okay to then use whatever they can find against Trump. Yep, seems crystal clear to me. No ruse here !

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I heard a left wing talking mouth state today that there is no violation of attorney/client privilege going on here. His belief is that Trump’s attorney may have done something wrong so they are going after him. And . . . . . if they just happen to uncover something related to Trump that Trump did wrong, that’s okay to the use whatever they can find against Trump. Yep, seems crystal clear to me. No ruse here !

From what I am to understand this whole thing is rolling down hill from Meuller. No Russians so they are on a serious witch hunt.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I heard a left wing talking mouth state today that there is no violation of attorney/client privilege going on here. His belief is that Trump’s attorney may have done something wrong so they are going after him. And . . . . . if they just happen to uncover something related to Trump that Trump did wrong, that’s okay to the use whatever they can find against Trump. Yep, seems crystal clear to me. No ruse here !

Yeah....that’s not the way that works.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    From what I am to understand this whole thing is rolling down hill from Meuller. No Russians so they are on a serious witch hunt.

You got it. We know from long, long experience with Presidential investigations of this type, if there were any "Deep Throat," any "Russian Blue Dress" - any type of phallus going down any type of prosecutorial pie-hole - we'd already know about it. This is the age of NSA hoovering up any and all electronic communications. If you have got "The Bomb"...you don't need to build an "imperilment" case against a bunch of peripheral small fry. It's become painfully obvious to anyone who isn't Black or Liberal - there is no Russian collusion smoking gun.

But to keep up enthusiasm for the midterms, they have to keep the aforementioned "Obama Coalition" titillated and keep them guessing like a parlor game, "What has Mueller got now?"

Despite a year of effort- The Big Tuna just won't swim into the net. So a whole school of small fry are going to have to get fingered to keep this ruse going to November.

My prediction: Mueller will never make a report to the public about any of this. You wait and see. The smart observers are already pointing out that the current version of the Independent Counsel statute doesn't require it. This is all one, big, political rum and monkey show.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So what date can I mark on my calendar to attend Hillary's inaugaration?

Oh, that's right, every morning she looks in the mirror she sees a loser, no matter what happens to Trump. I can't believe all these lefty fools are so naive to believe impeaching Trump puts Hillary in the Oval Office. Pence 2018!?!?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

‘You’re right. You’re 100 percent right. Your arguments are solid, but why do you have to say it? Just keep quiet. Don’t help them.’ ”

And this attitude, from either side of the spectrum, is wrong.
    The rules are the rules, regardless of who you are, or your political beliefs.
    The people that don't understand this, are the ones that are stunned when they become victims of this method of thinking.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well conjecture aside, no one knows what information Muller forwarded to the federal DA, what information was used to apply for the warrant, nor the judge's reasoning for granting it. BUT it was granted. The feds raided BOTH Cohen's law office, and his residence (apartment?), and seized items. Fair bet that whatever leg that that warrant being granted, is bigly substantial.
    I know since many people support the president, they are unhappy with how this is unfolding, but if Mueller did discover evidence of crime, I would expect him to take action on it, or pass it on to someone who would.
    As far as Alan Dershowitz, he's a legendary lawyer, and his reasonings often sound. BUT his is a lawyer, meaning he argues law, not interpret it. He can play chess competently, from both sides of the board.

Regardless of what anyone says, Mueller has proven himself to be quite the capable investigator. If he takes down this shamefully inept administration, I might start a gofundme page to have his statue erected across the street from Trump Tower.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Well conjecture aside, no one knows what information Muller forwarded to the federal DA, what information was used to apply for the warrant, nor the judge's reasoning for granting it. BUT it was granted. The feds raided BOTH Cohen's law office, and his residence (apartment?), and seized items. Fair bet that whatever leg that that warrant being granted, is bigly substantial.
    I know since many people support the president, they are unhappy with how this is unfolding, but if Mueller did discover evidence of crime, I would expect him to take action on it, or pass it on to someone who would.
    As far as Alan Dershowitz, he's a legendary lawyer, and his reasonings often sound. BUT his is a lawyer, meaning he argues law, not interpret it. He can play chess competently, from both sides of the board.

Regardless of what anyone says, Mueller has proven himself to be quite the capable investigator. If he takes down this shamefully inept administration, I might start a gofundme page to have his statue erected across the street from Trump Tower.

I won't argue with the part about the administration being shamefully inept. Things I like, things I dislike, but I certainly understand the viewpoint.

I also see where Mueller bringing down the administration is a good thing if there have been actual crimes that warrant it, but at this point that is still conjecture.

Here's my problem with all of this. I have no idea about Mueller's motives, or the competence of his investigators. Hopefully, they are all on the up-and-up. However, everything that has come to light so far, beginning with a fake dossier, secret investigations of the opposition, the multiple leaks of unsubstantiated allegations to the media, FBI agents actively seeking to bring down the incoming administration, an FBI director that testified before Congress about the investigation into collusion but refused to answer questions about where the allegations originally came from, it all looks like official Washington going after the outsider that they see as a threat.

Perhaps that is totally off-track, maybe they are all a bunch of great guys and gals just doing their job. I hope so; I just don't think so.

Trump goes after his enemies, real and imagined, in a cartoonish manner with silly tweets. He is easy to see as a buffoon. I don't like it, but it doesn't scare me.

This investigation appears to me like official Washington wearing a veneer of respectability while it goes about the cloak and dagger job of destroying a threat to the status quo. That does scare me. It's not the kind of thing that makes me want to build statues.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I won't argue with the part about the administration being shamefully inept. Things I like, things I dislike, but I certainly understand the viewpoint.

I also see where Mueller bringing down the administration is a good thing if there have been actual crimes that warrant it, but at this point that is still conjecture.

Here's my problem with all of this. I have no idea about Mueller's motives, or the competence of his investigators. Hopefully, they are all on the up-and-up. However, everything that has come to light so far, beginning with a fake dossier, secret investigations of the opposition, the multiple leaks of unsubstantiated allegations to the media, FBI agents actively seeking to bring down the incoming administration, an FBI director that testified before Congress about the investigation into collusion but refused to answer questions about where the allegations originally came from, it all looks like official Washington going after the outsider that they see as a threat.

Perhaps that is totally off-track, maybe they are all a bunch of great guys and gals just doing their job. I hope so; I just don't think so.

Trump goes after his enemies, real and imagined, in a cartoonish manner with silly tweets. He is easy to see as a buffoon. I don't like it, but it doesn't scare me.

This investigation appears to me like official Washington wearing a veneer of respectability while it goes about the cloak and dagger job of destroying a threat to the status quo. That does scare me. It's not the kind of thing that makes me want to build statues.

Look at it from the opposite perspective. Admitting what you don't know about Mueller, what do you know about Trump? Which one do you have a documented history of not being on the "up end up." I'll have you take note, that the Trump University thing has just been settled, at a tune of $25M. And obviously, that's one instance of many over the course of his life.
    And I don't buy the idea that people are out to take down a Washington "outsider." For what reason? What has he done, that threatens their power? No one man, not even a rogue president could ever threaten traditional political power in the United States, not in 1 year, not in 8, not in 50.

And if the president doesn't scare you, check out his latest tweet.

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Look at it from the opposite perspective. Admitting what you don't know about Mueller, what do you know about Trump? Which one do you have a documented history of not being on the "up end up." I'll have you take note, that the Trump University thing has just been settled, at a tune of $25M. And obviously, that's one instance of many over the course of his life.
    And I don't buy the idea that people are out to take down a Washington "outsider." For what reason? What has he done, that threatens their power? No one man, not even a rogue president could ever threaten traditional political power in the United States, not in 1 year, not in 8, not in 50.

The problem I have with your argument is that it takes the first sentence of my paragraph about what I don't know about Mueller's intentions, and then completely ignores everything that I listed that I do know about all of these investigations that is clearly not on the up-and-up. You are trying to separate Mueller away from all of the other stuff that has went on to try to make it all look legitimate. I don't think the ends justify the means. So the answer to your question at this point is both, and team Washington still scares me a hell of a lot more.

You want me to look at it from the opposite perspective, now you give it a try. The American people elected a seriously flawed buffoon at least in part to send Washington a message about how fed up they are with the status quo. The investigations that you are cheering on are Washington replying to the American people, FU and your elections.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The problem I have with your argument is that it takes the first sentence of my paragraph about what I don't know about Mueller's intentions, and then completely ignores everything that I listed that I do know about all of these investigations that is clearly not on the up-and-up. You are trying to separate Mueller away from all of the other stuff that has went on to try to make it all look legitimate. I don't think the ends justify the means. So the answer to your question at this point is both, and team Washington still scares me a hell of a lot more.

You want me to look at it from the opposite perspective, now you give it a try. The American people elected a seriously flawed buffoon at least in part to send Washington a message about how fed up they are with the status quo. The investigations that you are cheering on are Washington replying to the American people, FU and your elections.

Mueller had no hand in any of those things you listed. We're comparing individuals. Mueller vs Trump, not wayward members of their "entourage." If that were the case, we'd have quite the discussion. I have seen no reason to believe that Mueller isn't very clearly, in completely control of his investigation. Nor do I have any reason to believe that Trump isn't in complete control of his.

As far as I know, Mueller takes his job seriously. When I say seriously, I mean he's going to run an investigation using illegally, or inappropriately obtained evidence/information. That's my opinion, at least, based on a reputation that is pretty spotless.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Last time I checked President Trump hasn't yet ran an investigation that wrongfully persecuted an innocent man based on extremely specious evidence that resulted in $101,000,000 award for wrongful imprisonment . Mueller has.

Hannity Examines Robert Mueller's Past | The Daily Caller
    [FONT=&quot]“Bulger’s FBI handler, guy by the name of John Connolly covered up for many of the horrific crimes that were committed by Bulger and his associates, including one instance where four men were wrongfully framed and convicted and imprisoned for decades — all for a murder it turns out they did not commit,” Hannity continued. “The men were ultimately exonerated. A judge awarded $101 million in damages, but not before two of the men actually died in prison. Robert Mueller was the U.S. attorney in charge while these men were rotting in prison while certain agents in the FBI under Mueller covered up the truth.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/21/comey-mueller-bungled-big-anthrax-case-together/
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]So what evidence did the FBI have against Hatfill? There was none, so the agency did a Hail Mary, importing two bloodhounds from California whose handlers claimed could sniff the scent of the killer on the anthrax-tainted letters. These dogs were shown to Hatfill, who promptly petted them. When the dogs responded favorably, their handlers told the FBI that they’d “alerted” on Hatfill and that he must be the killer.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You’d think that any good FBI agent would have kicked these quacks in the fanny and found their dogs a good home. Or at least checked news accounts of criminal cases in California where these same dogs had been used against defendants who’d been convicted — and later exonerated. As Pulitzer Prize-winning Los Angeles Times investigative reporter David Willman detailed in his authoritative book on the case, a California judge who’d tossed out a murder conviction based on these sketchy canines called the prosecution’s dog handler “as biased as any witness that this court has ever seen.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Instead, Mueller, who micromanaged the anthrax case and fell in love with the dubious dog evidence, personally assured Ashcroft and presumably George W. Bush that in Steven Hatfill the bureau had its man. Comey, in turn, was asked by a skeptical Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz if Hatfill was another Richard Jewell — the security guard wrongly accused of the Atlanta Olympics bombing. Comey replied that he was “absolutely certain” they weren’t making a mistake.[/FONT]

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Mueller had no hand in any of those things you listed. We're comparing individuals. Mueller vs Trump, not wayward members of their "entourage." If that were the case, we'd have quite the discussion. I have seen no reason to believe that Mueller isn't very clearly, in completely control of his investigation. Nor do I have any reason to believe that Trump isn't in complete control of his.

As far as I know, Mueller takes his job seriously. When I say seriously, I mean he's going to run an investigation using illegally, or inappropriately obtained evidence/information. That's my opinion, at least, based on a reputation that is pretty spotless.

No, you are comparing individuals. I am sharing my concerns about what is being done for the purpose of bringing down the elected President. I am under no illusions that you will consider them to be valid concerns, if you even give them any consideration at all, but I am sharing them nonetheless. That is all.

Last edited:

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Trump needs to say that Mueller has 2 weeks to produce concrete evidence of anything Russia related. If he can't, then he has served his purpose, and should be fired. He was put in place to investigate Russia collusion, not throw things at Trump until something sticks...

Right?

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Trump needs to say that Mueller has 2 weeks to produce concrete evidence of anything Russia related. If he can't, then he has served his purpose, and should be fired. He was put in place to investigate Russia collusion, not throw things at Trump until something sticks...

Right?

Nope.

Not the way we do things here in America.

No matter who the President is, they don’t get to call “time” on an investigation.
    Well, unless they don’t want to be put away for obstruction of justice.

Top Bottom