• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Actually nice to see someone not needing to hang onto the reigns of power until they die. He said his family is more important...and I agree. This is 20yrs in the house for him...good time to retire.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't know about his family situation, but I prefer spending time with my family rather than working. That said he can easily get a job with a dc law/lobby firm and make a very big paycheck with a lot less stress. Mr. Zuckerberg will probably be looking for one or two soon if not already, so it's not like they won't be hiring.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So does that mean the Republicans repealed obammycare like they promised to do for six years before they gained control of the senate, the house, and the white house?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Probably the weakest Speaker of the House of the modern era. Good riddance.

He was to timid, but admittedly, I liked the guy. I think he in the back of his head he wanted what was best for America, but just couldn't pull it off. He just needed a backbone.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    He was to timid, but admittedly, I liked the guy. I think he in the back of his head he wanted what was best for America, but just couldn't pull it off. He just needed a backbone.

Those 2 things are at odds with each other. You can't want what is best for the country without having a backbone.

He was there for a career and nothing more. He wanted what ever would continue his personal gravy train.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

He always struck me as a mule who got poleaxed. An Ayn Rand devotee who forgot where and how he was raised. I've got no time for the man. Boehner was much better with a more difficult assembly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Those 2 things are at odds with each other. You can't want what is best for the country without having a backbone.

He was there for a career and nothing more. He wanted what ever would continue his personal gravy train.

I don't think they are at odds at all. Plenty of people wish they could do something, but lack the backbone to follow through.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't think they are at odds at all. Plenty of people wish they could do something, but lack the backbone to follow through.

Sometimes it's skill. There's definitely a certain skill set it takes to be effective in politics. It's hard to decide if he was unwilling or unable to be effective.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Meh...

Who's on deck to take his place?

gettyimages-532653068.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If the one article I was reading recently is right, the democrats (should they win this fall) aren't too happy about her being their speaker again. I like her as democrat speaker though. If Trump can't get republicans motivated to vote, she does serve that purpose reasonably well.

Top Bottom