• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If Trumpism completes it takeover of the Republican Party, then no. The GOP is doomed. Thankfully, I don't think it will be.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If Trumpism completes it takeover of the Republican Party, then no. The GOP is doomed. Thankfully, I don't think it will be.

To me Trumpism is a separate entity from the Republican party. If you read the article it explains that the GOP is doomed if it doesn't learn the lessons of Trumpism.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The Main Line, mainstream republicans will schism and consume themselves in a purity spiral. They shall come to be called Libertublicans and George Will shall be their pope, anointing the just and faithful. They will run some guy no one has ever heard of from Utah in 2020 and suffer a(nother) crushing defeat

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The Main Line, mainstream republicans will schism and consume themselves in a purity spiral. They shall come to be called Libertublicans and George Will shall be their pope, anointing the just and faithful. They will run some guy no one has ever heard of from Utah in 2020 and suffer a(nother) crushing defeat

I think most people have heard of Mike Pence by now. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is there a future for the Republican party?

Interesting article:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/04/19/trumpism-without-trump-218013

I'll have to read the article when I have some time. Of course that never stops me from posting about it.

The way I would define Trumpism is the politicization of the abstract concept of borders. It seems to me that this is the part where the venn diagram tends to align more with the GOP than the ASS (democrats). Some of those border abstractions brings him to an authoritarian space that I think doesn't belong in the GOP, but for lack of granularity, gets pigeonholed there because of other shared interests.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    if one could move towards liberty all around I'd be pretty excited. Though they'd still be politicians

That's probably a dead concept.

Everything is now about identity and tribes of people, extremely tight knit and sheltered from opposing views.

Any liberty mindset will simply be liberty for that tribe, as expanding the rights of your opposition results in them being used to take away your own rights.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, I can see circumstances under which Liberty could flourish. First, the progressive long march will have to be shattered for at least a generation or two. Then the healthy skepticism we have developed about all things leftist and establishment needs to turned (like a blowtorch) on the right with equal fervor. Without re-instilling personal responsibility into the DNA of America, it will be impossible. If you truly can't work, you will be helped. If you won't work, you don't eat. If you want charity, apply at the religious establishment of your choosing

The ordering of events cannot be modified. The left must be ground into the dust first, as it is the most dangerous. The right is merely disingenuous and incompetent

Top Bottom