• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump's popularity (approval percentage less disapproval percentage), as measured by the Real Clear Politics aggregate of such polls, has begun trending strongly more positive. For much of the last several months it has been in the low teens, suddenly May 1 (significant date?) it dropped into single digits for the first time and continued its strong positive trend for the rest of the week

5/1 -9.5%
    5/2 -9.1%
    5/3 -9%
    5/4 -8.6%
    5/5 -7.7%

The aggregate number only changes when new polls are factored into the mix; so there must have been a number of new polls, all of them strongly positive (to so affect the average)

So, why now? Does this affect the calculations predicting the vaunted blue wave?

Contrast and discuss

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Just out of curiosity how do Trump's approval ratings compare to other POTUSs for the same time period?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is interesting. Wonder how the latest revelations of paying off Stormy will affect upcoming polls. I have to think those sorts of things were already baked into the cake with his strongest followers up until now, but we'll see if it has an effect on those recently coming around to him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is interesting. Wonder how the latest revelations of paying off Stormy will affect upcoming polls. I have to think those sorts of things were already baked into the cake with his strongest followers up until now, but we'll see if it has an effect on those recently coming around to him.

I doubt it will affect him at all. People who like what he has accomplished (outside of the nonsense) seem to not care about his character.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is not true only with Trump supporters.

Exactly. If I am expected to accept others who are clearly contemptuous of the Constitution, equally contemptuous of people like me who enjoy exercising our constitutional rights and living as we see fit, have even worse morals than Trump allegedly has (paging Billy Jeff) in spite of the fact that Billy Jeff tried to present himself as far more pious than he really is, at least before he got caught while Trump has never denied the obvious appearance that he was the most irreligious candidate in the GOP primary (never mind that friends whose top three issues are religion, religion, and religion have reminded me that he has been very supportive of people of faith while I admittedly had not paid that close of attention) and am further expected to be indignant over who Trump may or may not have diddled (again, in the absence of pretense of piety), someone is in for some unfulfilled expectations.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Being concerned with character in politicians has never gotten us anywhere since TR. The Donald is at least open about being a turd. But the turd is getting results and so I can hold my nose.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Trump has had accomplishments like no other president in recent memory. If it weren't for the NeverTrumpers and fake news, he might well be the THE most popular president ever. Being of the republican party, he'll never be allowed that.

Regular people are seeing through the bull:poop: though. Actually, there is serious wonder if all the outrageous crap the libs are slinging will actually backfire on them? This Russia, Russia, Russia/now witch hunt, is exposing the underbelly of the Obama administration's deep state practices on top of longer standing rouge government agency actions.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I wonder every single day, how the democrats will ever live down their behavior. In history books Trump will be celebrated as they're seen as insane and hate filled.

You'd think they'd eventually realize how this is a really bad idea.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The left is all about bad ideas, they think they can take power and enforce those bad ideas on everyone else...ala Venezuela's 100,000% inflation rate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wonder every single day, how the democrats will ever live down their behavior. In history books Trump will be celebrated as they're seen as insane and hate filled.

You'd think they'd eventually realize how this is a really bad idea.

"Celebrated?" I seriously doubt that. The guy has a problem with the truth. He has a problem with being faithful to his wife. He has a problem with Muslims. He has a problem with immigrants. He has a problem keeping his cabinet filled. He's guilty of doing the things he criticized his predecessors for.
    None of the things I stated are false, are they? He may be looked upon fondly by some... but the idea that he will be celebrated, I find really difficult to see.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Any idea why he's spiking now then? Remember, his numbers are rising across a number of broad based surveys in order to spike the aggregate's numbers. It can't just be his base (which kept his numbers around 40 +/-) it must be new people, perhaps those on the fence or even former disapproval votes

I mentioned the day the numbers began to move, May 1 (Mayday), do you think it could be something as simple as those vivid pictorial reminders from Europe of what the face of communism really looks like? I can't think of any event here that would appear to be catalytic. NK is good but it's all potential and few achievements at this point. The rise of equities would seem to have plateaued for now. Health care is still a godawful mess

Could it be something as simple as familiarity with the benefits (for the people moving to the approve side of the question) of the tax reforms? Have the Dems overreached with their little golem, Mueller?

I have some ideas but I'd like to hear those of others. The biggest question I have is "Why now?" and of course "Has the 'blue wave' already broken and begun to recede"?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "Celebrated?" I seriously doubt that. The guy has a problem with the truth. He has a problem with being faithful to his wife. He has a problem with Muslims. He has a problem with immigrants. He has a problem keeping his cabinet filled. He's guilty of doing the things he criticized his predecessors for.
    None of the things I stated are false, are they? He may be looked upon fondly by some... but the idea that he will be celebrated, I find really difficult to see.

Kut.......I have a serious problem with those who slip in the back door un-announced. They are not immigrants. They are criminals as it pertains to the existing laws. The rest of what you state seems to prove out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut.......I have a serious problem with those who slip in the back door un-announced. They are not immigrants. They are criminals as it pertains to the existing laws. The rest of what you state seems to prove out.

I have a problem with illegal immigration, but not the illegal immigrants themselves. They come here because legal residents hire them. I don't think its fair to place the entirely, or even mostly of the blame on them. I doubt there's a single person here, that if they lived in a dangerous third world country, and knew they could come (illegally) to relative safety and stability of the US and get a job, would turn it down. I would.
    We need to prosecute seriously the people doing the hiring, and it needs to be pointed out that THEY are the problem. Until we do that, people that complain about illegal immigration aren't really committed to ending it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Yeah being unfaithful to your wife isnt a good thing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah being unfaithful to your wife isnt a good thing.

jae8id.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, is Kennedy celebrated or not? 'Cause no one should mistake him for faithful to his wife. He was just from a more discreet era. I think the 'celebration' has a lot to do with results (sorry Obama)

But this wasn't meant to be yet another 'what's wrong with Trump' thread. I seek a broad array of possible answers to a very specific question

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Trump will go down in history as one of the greatest Presidents ever. Top 10 no doubt. Unless you are a member of the resistance (left) then you cant ever admit any Republican was ever good for the country.

We have a coup being attempted on this president. People need to be arrested and jailed and if convicted by a military tribunal, hanged.

If they even attempt to remove the president he should declare marshal law and let's get this started

Top Bottom