• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I noticed that the left coast has changed building codes to mandate the use of solar shingles in new construction. This isn't a law from the legislature, but a change in the building codes. Maybe as expensive as things are out there people just won't notice the extra, but I would bet this is filling the pockets of the industry that paid for it.

Always follow the money

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I would love to have solar shingles when they end up being a proven quantity. However, I would hate to be forced to choose them.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I saw this reported on somewhere and they (TPTB in CA) try to sell it as only adding $X to a monthly mortgage payment while saving them $Y (where Y>X) a month on their electric bill. Nothing about maintenance costs or anything else, just pie-in-the-sky BS.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Yeah, I did some in-depth reading about this a couple of days ago. It's a real mess out there. I hope somebody sues them over this. Mandating solar shingles is an abuse of the building codes. They justified it by basically claiming that "climate change" is a threat to the population and therefore the mandate for solar shingles can be considered a public safety issue that falls under the purview of building codes.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I read that they were going to mandate solar panels at a cost of around 12k per new construction, that is not terrible. I don't see it as a public safety issue tho and disagree with it being required to build a new home. I can remember living in Phoenix while stationed at Luke in 2008-10 and neighborhoods were banning solar panels because they didn't look good lol. I don't know why people feel the need to use mob democracy to lord over their neighbors

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Yeah, I did some in-depth reading about this a couple of days ago. It's a real mess out there. I hope somebody sues them over this. Mandating solar shingles is an abuse of the building codes. They justified it by basically claiming that "climate change" is a threat to the population and therefore the mandate for solar shingles can be considered a public safety issue that falls under the purview of building codes.

Their state government is public safety issue

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been to LA once, for a week. That was 6 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes too long. You could blindfold me, cram ear plugs in my nose and ears and drop me off there and I'd tell you where I was, the crazy is palpable. Like a rat born in the sewer, the inhabitants of the southern half of that state simply don't know how ****ty it is and they'll gladly pay 1.5 million for a 900 square foot shack just to be close to the cesspool they know. There is quite literally nothing that could come out of California which would surprise me. Sodom and Gomorrah with a turbo, supercharger, nitrous and 12,000 octane lightning liquid burning a fiery path straight to bat **** crazyville and the steering wheel is locked in position with the pedal to the floor.

Someone once summed it up pretty well...

https://genius.com/Tool-nema-lyrics

nwihiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2018
    Lake County
    Of all the places I'm glad I am not in, California may be at the very top of the list. Between the traffic, crowds, pollution, heat, cost of living, lack of freedom, and government tyranny, I can't imagine a worse place to live in the US than southern California. Unfortunately as they f up their own state, they increasingly move to neighboring free states and spread their progressive lunacy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Read another article about all the wealth that will come to california by mandating that it be a green state. I can see people in the green energy business getting rich, but don't see how this extends beyond those privileged few with their new government edict.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Read another article about all the wealth that will come to california by mandating that it be a green state. I can see people in the green energy business getting rich, but don't see how this extends beyond those privileged few with their new government edict.

Doncha know?
    More regulations magically make more money.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus

They didn't specify who it would go to or that it'd stay there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

We'll get to test the broken window fallacy.

Top Bottom