• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We shall see what this is all about when the dust settles. The American flag thing seems odd.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We shall see what this is all about when the dust settles. The American flag thing seems odd.

Brings in a flag, shoots a chandelier? Yelling about Trump? If I were taking bets, 'mentally ill' would be the favorite at this point. Religious and political delusions are still the most prominent manifestations of the violent and delusional mentally ill. My trainee is doing the paperwork on a robbery who was spouting religious delusions (believing he was God) during a robbery.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Brings in a flag, shoots a chandelier? Yelling about Trump? If I were taking bets, 'mentally ill' would be the favorite at this point. Religious and political delusions are still the most prominent manifestations of the violent and delusional mentally ill. My trainee is doing the paperwork on a robbery who was spouting religious delusions (believing he was God) during a robbery.

Do such actions typically result in less harsh sentences? Asking for a friend... Lol

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Do such actions typically result in less harsh sentences? Asking for a friend... Lol

In terms of time served, I'd say yes. However in terms of how invasive the sentence is, it can be more so. Court mandated taking of meds, etc. It all depends on how mentally ill the person is, if they can recognize their actions were wrong, etc. Those decisions are made by the court system.

Without getting into the case, I believe had the guy not been delusional there would have been no robbery. He believes he's God, thus certain property is his. When his godhood wasn't recognized and someone interfered with him getting "his due", he assaulted them. If he knows it's wrong or not, I don't know, that'll be up to the courts.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not really odd. He was an immigrant celebrating his recent citizenship.

Who is Jonathan Oddi, the man shot at Trump National Doral? | Miami Herald

There was that sweaty guy who refused to wipe down his machine when finished...

On Friday morning, he unfurled the American flag inside the South Florida hotel owned by the nation's president, then got into a firefight and chase with police while ranting about Donald Trump, Barack Obama — and bizarrely, rap mogul P. Diddy, according to law enforcement.

Investigators late Friday were still trying to unravel the motivations of Oddi, a 42-year-old fitness junkie and businessman who appeared to become unhinged while attacking the Trump National Doral Miami resort.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There was that sweaty guy who refused to wipe down his machine when finished...

On Friday morning, he unfurled the American flag inside the South Florida hotel owned by the nation's president, then got into a firefight and chase with police while ranting about Donald Trump, Barack Obama — and bizarrely, rap mogul P. Diddy, according to law enforcement.

Pretty text book. I don't know the proper medical diagnosis for someone who's delusional and manic, but that's how they present. Bouncing from topic to topic that's only loosely connected. "God" mentioned above also claimed to be drafted by the Golden State Warriors and the Arizona Cardinals, that police were following and threatening his son, that the victim and a random passerby were homosexual lovers, etc. etc. Religion and politics/gov't are extremely common. Celebrities are up next. Oddly, I don't see as much "aliens" delusions any longer. People aren't getting probed as much as they used to, I guess, but they are sure getting stalked by musicians and athletes.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Pretty text book. I don't know the proper medical diagnosis for someone who's delusional and manic, but that's how they present. Bouncing from topic to topic that's only loosely connected. "God" mentioned above also claimed to be drafted by the Golden State Warriors and the Arizona Cardinals, that police were following and threatening his son, that the victim and a random passerby were homosexual lovers, etc. etc. Religion and politics/gov't are extremely common. Celebrities are up next. Oddly, I don't see as much "aliens" delusions any longer. People aren't getting probed as much as they used to, I guess, but they are sure getting stalked by musicians and athletes.

Probing is so last millennium tech. Simple scan accomplishes the same thing. Of course some of the aliens (like R Kelly) still use probes but only because they're sadistic.

Top Bottom