• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The thread in question was well close to hammer time. I would as soon close one as to loose anyone else.

I always root against the sea hawks. They play dirty. They are good at hiding it.

When some time go's by feel free to open another thread about the NFL and what they are doing. Keep it civil and all will be well.

nwihiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2018
    Lake County
    Another nail in the coffin of the prospect of me giving the NFL another cent. I implore those of you who feel similarly to watch any NFL games through online streaming sites, so they don't get the ratings.

BluedSteel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2018
    Huntingburg
    Another nail in the coffin of the prospect of me giving the NFL another cent. I implore those of you who feel similarly to watch any NFL games through online streaming sites, so they don't get the ratings.

Better yet - watch football at your local High School. Spend some money at the concession stand for the kids. Or get off the couch and go to the range. Spend some money on the kids there too. Much better way to spend your time and money. Especially here in Indiana, a state that lost more hunters/shooters than any other in the nation:

net-change-license-holders.jpg

[graphic from Outdoor Life, https://www.outdoorlife.com/why-we-are-losing-hunters-and-how-to-fix-it#page-6 ; reproduced here under the Fair Use clause of U.S. Copyright law. May the Mods show mercy unto me. . .]

Not incidentally, the NFL has a federally protected monopoly [technically an Anti-trust exemption] enshrined in U.S. law since 1966. Legally they are a non-profit corporation. No I'm not kidding. They got over $15 billion for their lasts broadcast rights contract from ESPN but they're a non-profit Stop giving these prima donnas anything. Including your attention.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Like I would ever own any of their overpriced sweatshop junk.

Yep. Used to wear their shoes, but only discounted shoes from the outlet store or those that specialized in "prior year styles". I could get those for reasonable costs. But havent bought any for close to 10 years... and now wont even consider it for even those prices now.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I didn't watch a single game last year and I don't see that changing. I can get my football fix watching the pros in college.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I tend not to wear Nike shoes because they tend to run too narrow for me. I really don’t have much use for an athletic shoe anyway. But I wouldn’t throw out my shoes just because the manufacturer hired Colen Kaepernick. Twitter-right wants to burn their Nikes. Twitter-left wants to worship theirs.

They’re just shoes. Whocares? Whatever.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I tend not to wear Nike shoes because they tend to run too narrow for me. I really don’t have much use for an athletic shoe anyway. But I wouldn’t throw out my shoes just because the manufacturer hired Colen Kaepernick. Twitter-right wants to burn their Nikes. Twitter-left wants to worship theirs.

They’re just shoes. Whocares? Whatever.

Yeah, I never saw the point of burning something I already paid good money for. I might not buy again, but I'm not pooping on my own front porch by depriving myself of the use of something I already paid for. Who is that going to hurt? Sure isnt going to be the manufacturer. They already got their dollar.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kaepernick is protesting oppression by taking money from a company that uses child sweatshop labor to make their products. Irony much?

Top Bottom