• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Interesting article on where Google is going.

The Plug Must Be Pulled On Google's Plan For Thought Control

"I wrote about how those of us on the right can be Star Trek fans despite its supposedly “progressive” politics. Partly, this is because good art is about a lot more than a didactic political message. But it also struck me how much of the message of Star Trek is consistent with the values of many of us on the right. The original series was not “progressive” but “liberal” in an old-fashioned sense, celebrating freedom and individualism and opposing censorship and conformity. This means that Trek also turned out some cautionary tales that are relevant today — and surprisingly prescient — about the conformist agenda of big tech companies like Google."

The big tech companies now have more power over thought they do not like than governments.

The Star Trek episode referenced in the article is on Netflix. I watched it to refresh my memory. While quaint by our current entertainment standards, the "liberal" message of the times has aged well.

M

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The big tech companies now have more power over thought they do not like than governments.

It's not even a close race. Yet, we're still so worried about the govt. and so willing to give FB, Google, Twitter, etc. control over our lives and how we receive information.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's not even a close race. Yet, we're still so worried about the govt. and so willing to give FB, Google, Twitter, etc. control over our lives and how we receive information.

Unfortunately the complacency is not new, I remember, about 20 years ago, when learning tha the Feds were buying data from the credit agencies, that if they collected the information themselves would have had the ACLU and all the rest in an uproar, no one made an issue of it. Now they likely are buying data from G & FB et al.

M

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Unfortunately the complacency is not new, I remember, about 20 years ago, when learning tha the Feds were buying data from the credit agencies, that if they collected the information themselves would have had the ACLU and all the rest in an uproar, no one made an issue of it. Now they likely are buying data from G & FB et al.

M
    And what is the govt doing, or has done with that data?

On the other hand, Facebook has done, and it doing, nefarious things.

Perhaps FB, Google, Twitter, etc could place a "mark" of approval on the right hand or forehead of the chosen
    Oh, Bug... :D

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States.(CFIUS) I have spent over a hour and a half trying to come up with the 9 members for the year of 2010 under the Obama Administration. These members from 9 gov't agencies approved the Uran.One sale.Google seems to dance around the list of members.9 months,this info a year agoago easy to find.Now .......Hummm...is it Google or me?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States.(CFIUS) I have spent over a hour and a half trying to come up with the 9 members for the year of 2010 under the Obama Administration. These members from 9 gov't agencies approved the Uran.One sale.Google seems to dance around the list of members.9 months,this info a year agoago easy to find.Now .......Hummm...is it Google or me?

And what do you think.

Top Bottom