• OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/politics/trump-eagles-nfl/index.html

unbelievable

The Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles' White House visit has been canceled due to the controversy over standing for the National Anthem at NFL games, President Donald Trump announced Monday.

"The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow," Trump said in a statement. "They disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country. The Eagles wanted to send a smaller delegation, but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better."

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can see it both ways. On the one hand, it’s kinda petty on both sides. On the other, it’s an invitation for very public insults, but it’s also an opportunity for Trump to show how above it he is.

I’m going to rate this 2.5 mehs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I found the wording of this statement reminiscent tin pot dictators:

"The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow. They disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country. The Eagles wanted to send a smaller delegation, but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better."

"They disagreed with THEIR president"? Not "me," not "many other Americans," but "their president." I don't think I've ever heard a president say something like this. It's troubling language. This statement almost makes it seem as if they are obligated to agree with him over an obvious free speech issue.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Once again a bunch of childish girly men acting like childish girly men embarrassing themselves while trying to make a pointless point.
    The rise and fall of the NFL. There will be nothing left of them but a chapter in the history books.

All they had to do was focus and play a simple game with a ball and these morons couldn't even do that.

And it all started with a lie. "Hands Up Don't Shoot" :lmfao:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

"They disagreed with THEIR president"? Not "me," not "many other Americans," but "their president." I don't think I've ever heard a president say something like this. It's troubling language. This statement almost makes it seem as if they are obligated to agree with him over an obvious free speech issue.

I'm sorry, do they have another President that we are unaware of? :dunno:
    He is your President too.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    They have the right to not stand, or stay in the locker room.

He has the right to not have them over to his house.

Let's see what America says at the box.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm sorry, do they have another President that we are unaware of? :dunno:
    He is your President too.

Did they not know that, so it needed to be pointed out? It was pointed out for a reason. That reason, IMO, is to say that his opinion, is the only opinion one should have.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Interesting side note. Not a single Eagles player knelt during the entire regular season, on to their Super Bowl run.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't think I've ever heard a president say something like this. It's troubling language. This statement almost makes it seem as if they are obligated to agree with him over an obvious free speech issue.

Has there been another President who had to listen to the "Not my President" BS? Serious question, I don't recall seeing the bumper stickers before Trump. That was the first thing that came to mind when I read the statement, I'll admit to not hearing another POTUS say something like that but I don't find it troubling.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

In the context though, he invites them to the WH. It seems reasonable that he has the power to set the conditions for that. It didn’t come off like “you will respect muh, authoriteh!” It came off like, I invite you. You come on my terms.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Has there been another President who had to listen to the "Not my President" BS? Serious question, I don't recall seeing the bumper stickers before Trump. That was the first thing that came to mind when I read the statement, I'll admit to not hearing another POTUS say something like that but I don't find it troubling.

Yeah... I'm sure you could even find several examples here. I'm not on the "not my president" bandwagon. Regardless of my thoughts of the man, he is my president.

As to the second thought, let's take down to a smaller scale. If you disagreed with the mayor of the city, and upon learning of your disagreement, he made the statement about how you and those officers who shared your view, disagreed with "their mayor"... not him as a person, but the very validity of his office, as if you were wrong in doing so, by virture of the office he held. You wouldn't find that troubling?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Pretty sure it started with Obama. Not sure with the exact tagline, but I recall at least hearing the sentiment before.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Yeah... I'm sure you could even find several examples here. I'm not on the "not my president" bandwagon. Regardless of my thoughts of the man, he is my president.

As to the second thought, let's take down to a smaller scale. If you disagreed with the mayor of the city, and upon learning of your disagreement, he made the statement about how you and those officers who shared your view, disagreed with "their mayor"... not him as a person, but the very validity of his office, as if you were wrong in doing so, by virture of the office he held. You wouldn't find that troubling?

Wasn't trying to indicate you were in the "Not my President" crowd, just asking a question.

I wouldn't find it troubling but I'm not easily troubled by words, actions get me much more riled up.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pretty sure it started with Obama. Not sure with the exact tagline, but I recall at least hearing the sentiment before.
    I’ve said before that Obama didn’t act like he wanted to be the president of the whole United States. He wanted to be president of the progressive United States. He had plenty of opportunities to unite. He chose to divide. Kinda looks like maybe Trump’s okay with dividing too. At least a little.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Between Kaepernick and now this, it'll be interesting to watch the NFL circle the drain this year. Hopefully these geniuses will keep coming up with more foolish antics to give us laughs as they throw away their livelihoods.

scarjo-popcorn.gif

Top Bottom