• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    So got this in my email today from NRA legislation......figured only a matter of time before it hit here.

On June 13[SUP]th[/SUP], the Community Affairs Committee of the City-County Council of Marion County and Indianapolis will be hearing Proposal No. 112, 2018 in order to urge the Indiana General Assembly to support a ban on most commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms and standard capacity ammunition magazines. Contact the committee members and urge them to OPPOSE Proposal No. 112, 2018! Click the “Take Action” button below to contact the committee members.
    Proposal No. 112, 2018 would for call the Indiana General Assembly to enact legislation to ban commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms based on cosmetic features as well as magazines with a capacity greater than ten rounds of ammunition. This resolution attempts to brand these firearms as “assault weapons” to drum up unnecessary fear of their ownership. In reality, these firearms are only being defined by aesthetic features that in no way affect the functionality of the firearm. Semi-automatic firearms only fire one shot per action of the trigger, and such technology along with magazines greater than ten rounds in capacity have been available to American consumers for more than a century. Semi-automatic firearms and standard capacity magazines are commonly owned by law-abiding citizens for various purposes such as self-defense, recreation, competition, and hunting.
    Again, please contact the committee members and urge them to OPPOSE Proposal No. 112, 2018. In addition, Second Amendment supporters are invited to attend this hearing. Details may be found here and below.
    June 13[SUP]th[/SUP] at 5:30PM
    City-Council Building, Room 260
    200 E. Washington St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46204​
    Community Affairs Committee
    Chair: Frank Mascari (D-21)
    frank.mascari@indy.gov
    317-788-0520
    Zach Adamson (D-17)
    adamsonforindy@aol.com
    317-683-9224
    Jason Holliday (R-20)
    jasonhollidayccc20@gmail.com
    317-517-8118
    Blake Johnson (D-12)
    blake.johnson@indy.gov
    317-721-3487
    Brian Mowery (R-25)
    brian.mowery@indy.gov
    317-373-2890
    Marilyn Pfisterer (R-15)
    cpfist1061@aol.com
    317-244-7156
    Christine Scales (D-3)
    cscales_2000@yahoo.com
    317-578-8901

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Doesn’t state pre-emption win?

oh, they are asking GA to do it. Stupid. Not gonna happen. But makes them look good to their pansy constituents

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Had I had the time and forethought, I should have smuggled in an amp to play this at 100db when they were denied.

[video=youtube;rX7wtNOkuHo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo[/video]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Had I had the time and forethought, I should have smuggled in an amp to play this at 100db when they were denied.

[video=youtube;rX7wtNOkuHo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo[/video]

Or maybe this one.

[video=youtube;F6ig04zWH0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6ig04zWH0o[/video]

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Over my many years I've never understood what motivates people to want to take guns away from others. They should find something fun to do like enjoying time with friends or a good meal. Must be some sort of cult.:dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What exactly will a resolution urging a cosmetic feature ban do for Marion County? All the horrific problems in Indianapolis and the City-Council wants to talk about flash suppressors and bayonet lugs???

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What exactly will a resolution urging a cosmetic feature ban do for Marion County? All the horrific problems in Indianapolis and the City-Council wants to talk about flash suppressors and bayonet lugs???

I know people who are basically at ground zero in different aspects of Marion County's problems. I'm convinced there is no solution. And no set of solutions.

So, talking about magazine capacity and pistol grips at least prevents them from making things worse, like diverting infrastructure money to social issues.

Jerry-T

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I think many of them are looking to take action on a complex issue in hopes it puts a dent on the crime in the area. Add the fact that most democrats do not respect the right of ownership, in spirit or the law, it's low hanging fruit for them.

Many of Marion County's issues would take years, if not decades, to resolve - and most of it would be in balancing out the huge income inequality that Marion county faces. And that discussion normally doesn't go anywhere in a red state.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think many of them are looking to take action on a complex issue in hopes it puts a dent on the crime in the area. Add the fact that most democrats do not respect the right of ownership, in spirit or the law, it's low hanging fruit for them.

Many of Marion County's issues would take years, if not decades, to resolve - and most of it would be in balancing out the huge income inequality that Marion county faces. And that discussion normally doesn't go anywhere in a red state.

Nor should it IMO... Because "balancing out income inequality" usually means taking from the productive and giving to the unproductive.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I enjoyed the news media going ga-ga over a possible "assault" weapon ban, and of course they reference the Noblesville shooting, again showing their moronic bias as the Noblesville loser used handguns and not that "evil black high capacity killing machine".

Once again smarter heads prevailed and the proposal was dropped. More reasons though why we need to maintain our vigilance.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

How big of a dent did it put in Chicago’s crime rate? California’s? Detroit’s? I’m sure they all get theirs from those Indiana gun shows though. If only we would give a little bit of our rights the world would be soooo much safer right? :rolleyes:

And I hate the phrase “income inequality”. It makes it sound as if all income should be equal. It shouldn’t. In no way should somebody working at Kroger be making the same as someone who went to law school, or a doctor, etc. If Indianapolis wants to fix its city, it’s citizens need to make it a place businesses want to move to. As long as there are high property crimes, burglaries, homicides etc nobody is going to want to open their business there. I don’t owe anybody 1 damn cent of my money I earned because they choose not to work or have a low paying job. It’s theft, and theft is evil.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I suspect that knew it was Quixotic, but that was the point. Tilting at windmills to show the peasantry how they are heroically protecting them from "monsters."

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    City Council members to the public:

Top Bottom