• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It seems a lot of people who have guns shouldn't have them.
    When the Police find an prohibited person with a gun, do they ask where he/she got it? Do they attempt to prosecute those who knowingly supply weapons to prohibited people?
    Anybody know?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Eric Holder, Barry's attorney general, provided numerous firearms to prohibited persons.... but he wasn't prosecuted for it as "less equal" people are.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    giphy.gif

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It seems a lot of people who have guns shouldn't have them.
    When the Police find an prohibited person with a gun, do they ask where he/she got it? Do they attempt to prosecute those who knowingly supply weapons to prohibited people?
    Anybody know?

Depends. From what I have seen:

Criminal organizations: stolen (UPS, warehouses, and trains where I am) and professional gun runners (they hit the shows and Hoover up all the guns they can find). The feds prosecute a few, especially those working the gun shows in Indiana. Heck, even when I was at Galyan's we got straw buyers buying for Indy gangs.

Robbers: stolen or borrowed from family or friends as the gun is USUALLY a one and done (if they are smart)

Drug dealers: Traded for drugs, black market guns.

Crim Reck: likely legally purchased

Murderers: friends and family. Of course, my most (in)famous one the murderer purchased it legally.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can't speak universally, but I've *never* gotten much beyond "from sumdood" with even a cooperative robbery suspect who's come off the robbery. I know there have been some prosecutions for people providing weapons in murders, such as the recent news of charges on those who'd provided guns to suspects who had killed police officers in Indiana.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I can't speak universally, but I've *never* gotten much beyond "from sumdood" with even a cooperative robbery suspect who's come off the robbery. I know there have been some prosecutions for people providing weapons in murders, such as the recent news of charges on those who'd provided guns to suspects who had killed police officers in Indiana.

Let me guess, everyone got the gun from their cousin and they can't remember their cousin's name.

Top Bottom