Supreme Court Justice Kennedy is retiring.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Breaking now.

Dgt2m_IX0AYEOpW.jpg:large

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, there's been speculation about that.

If we get another Gorsuch, that's probably a good thing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, there's been speculation about that.

If we get another Gorsuch, that's probably a good thing.

This is probably the best timing possible. Quite the thing to rally a high turnout.

People on Twitter actually talking Roe right now...

You're going to need another SCOTUS seat to overturn Roe.

There is ZERO chance John Roberts writes a 5-4 opinion overturning it.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Could there be one more appointment in addition to Kennedy this year? How long can they keep this woman propped up?

Bet Ginsburg was waiting so the first woman president (Hillary, not Obama) could appoint her replacement. If the election didn't put her over the edge wonder if this announcement will.

buzzi-ginsburg.png

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump says he'll begin the search for a new justice immediately.

Speculation, could announce nominee mid- or late July. Judiciary Committee hearing could be late August (Senate set to remain in session in August) with a final Senate vote early or mid-September. That would enable the new Justice to be on board plenty of time for the Court's next term, October 1.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Trump says he'll begin the search for a new justice immediately.

Speculation, could announce nominee mid- or late July. Judiciary Committee hearing could be late August (Senate set to remain in session in August) with a final Senate vote early or mid-September. That would enable the new Justice to be on board plenty of time for the Court's next term, October 1.

...with the Democrats trying to delay everything until after the midterms...and depending on what happens, until after Jan. 1.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ...with the Democrats trying to depay everything until after the midterms...and depending on what happens, until after Jan. 1.

What judicial filibuster?

Edit: Trump says next Supreme Court justice pick will come from previously released list of 25 candidates.

PLEASE DON WILLETT

Also said 5 more names were added, which probably aren't on this below:

Dgt8X_0UYAA4AGa.jpg:small

Dgt8X_uU0AAPadl.jpg:small

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This should be piped into all the Congressional office buildings...

[video=youtube;sOy8KCrxCEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOy8KCrxCEg[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    COCAINE MITCH on the Senate floor: "The senate stands ready to fulfill its constitutional role by offering advice and consent … we will vote to confirm justice kennedy’s successor THIS FALL."

While I want Don Willett more than anyone else... Picking Amy Coney Barrett of Indiana would presumably put extra pressure on Senator Donnelly.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't know Amy Coney Barrett, but I don't like how she has had limited practice "in the real world."

I am more familiar with Sykes. I haven't always agreed with her positions on cases, but she has more of what I consider "good" in a resume for an appellate position. She's been a litigator and a trial judge.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Please don't ever suggest that again. It would then run the risk of being repeated at 3rd time. After which, some demon materializes and makes it happen.

Cruz as POTUS would've been less painful than Trump. But "Justice Cruz" is further than I can go.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I love that trump is sticking to his list of names he released

let’s get this one and then buzzy

Just this one makes me uneasy. I feel like something bad's going to happen.

There's quite the meltdown going on right now over this... given how the semi-violent and divisive stuff has been ramping up over the past month, this could only make it worse.

I mean... it'll be great to have a solid right-leaning SCOTUS for a generation... but there's only so much that some nutjob in 'nowhere, USA' will take before doing something stupid.

I dunno. Feels optimistic... with subtle undertones of dread. Maybe that's just the eternal pessimist in me.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    There's quite the meltdown going on right now over this... given how the semi-violent and divisive stuff has been ramping up over the past month, this could only make it worse.

I dunno. Feels optimistic... with subtle undertones of dread. Maybe that's just the eternal pessimist in me.

Twitter is exploding right now...The Civil War is already going on there.....Someone is going to get hurt in the next couple of weeks...It's getting crazy.....

Top Bottom