• ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I know, I know.

Most of us here, don't give a hoot about what goes on, in libtard Californica.

And I'm pretty sure it won't get a bit of traction, in the U.S. Congress (which would have to 'approve' all of it).

But what happens in CA, can come back to bite the conservatives in the rest of this country. How? If it ever came to be, legally, it would give 'California' four more sitting U.S. Senators!

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loc...ate-States-Clears-First-Hurdle-453712033.html

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I know, I know.

And I'm pretty sure it won't get a bit of traction, in the U.S. Congress (which would have to 'approve' all of it).

But what happens in CA, can come back to bite the conservatives in the rest of this country. How? If it ever came to be, legally, it would give 'California' four more sitting U.S. Senators!

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loc...ate-States-Clears-First-Hurdle-453712033.html
    This is what my buddy and I were discussing last night and I hadn't even thought of the 4 extra senators until he mentioned it.
    But yes it would require I believe by the constitution a 2/3rds majority vote by the Congress to ratify and accept any new states.
    It's not gonna happen. What I can see happening is California testing its authority against the federal governments and doing it anyways but it not being recognized by the feds.
    If you have a Republican president I think things might get ugly. If you have a Democrat president I think they would let California do anything regardless what Congress says and refuse to enforce federal law. Also making things get ugly because it could cause a divide in our government

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It could also work to benefit conservatives.

The looney liberals are largely concentrated in Southern CA, with a majority of conservative Californians occupying what would become the other two new sections.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I've got a colleague who is close to this discussion, he thinks that the southern coastal areas will remain with the dems but the other two might just go republican. Doing work in some of these areas I can see that as a possibility.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Secession has been tried and it didn't work out. In this case though if they could secede, the leadership would simply sell it to the chinese and then move to Colorado.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A terrible idea in the long run for multiple reasons.

Even though NorCal and SoCal presently have more a conservative constituency, in time, taxes and other things will drive the leftists out of California into the other two.
    Then they'll eventually be left wing, with 4 more leftist Senators.

If California secedes, we'll lose coastline with it's ports, and it will give us another security problem guarding that extra border.
    And what if the seceded California eventually began military alliances with enemy nations?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know, I know.

Not gonna happen. But if it did, the way they have it split up probably would benefit Democrats.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    There for a minute I was seeing things online about how California wanted to separate and be it's own country...

My gf and I were talking last night about California leaving the union. Neither o e of us could come up with an answer to my question.

I was born in Cali. (Don't judge me I'm not a 'libtard')

If Cali did leave and become it's own country, would I be deported? Locked up in a concentration camp? Would I become a dual citizen?

What would happen to all of us that were born there?

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Congress would never approve.

Secession would give cause for POTUS to send in the military.

This is all about fund raising.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Let them declare independence...then declare war on them and put them under martial law until we clean that rats nest out. It would be shorter than the Spanish American War...should take about a day to drop those libtards with all the military assets already in the state.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    CA would have to approve it in their legislature...then the federal Congress...not going to happen no matter what the outcome of the election is. This ballot initiative isn't worth the pixels it takes to display it, the will of the people will be steadfastly ignored in this instance.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    A terrible idea in the long run for multiple reasons.

Even though NorCal and SoCal presently have more a conservative constituency, in time, taxes and other things will drive the leftists out of California into the other two.
    Then they'll eventually be left wing, with 4 more leftist Senators.

If California secedes, we'll lose coastline with it's ports, and it will give us another security problem guarding that extra border.
    And what if the seceded California eventually began military alliances with enemy nations?

I keep hearing how NoCal is conservative. Yet Washington and Oregon are quickly becoming strongholds for libtards. So I say no. Let them secede.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There for a minute I was seeing things online about how California wanted to separate and be it's own country...

My gf and I were talking last night about California leaving the union. Neither o e of us could come up with an answer to my question.

I was born in Cali. (Don't judge me I'm not a 'libtard')

If Cali did leave and become it's own country, would I be deported? Locked up in a concentration camp? Would I become a dual citizen?

What would happen to all of us that were born there?

Definitely it would be the concentration camp.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    #1 reason it's not happening. Cali is the 5th largest economy in the WORLD.

United_States_GDP_by_States.png

Top Bottom