Last edited by a moderator:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Conservative judges do actually judge verses the lib judges who "vote" their ideology every time.

If we get rid of a lib or two more, we'll have to worry less about "our" judges judging differerently than we feel is conservative.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Conservative judges do actually judge verses the lib judges who "vote" their ideology every time.

If we get rid of a lib or two more, we'll have to worry less about "our" judges judging differerently than we feel is conservative.

I got that....and agree.

Hopefully we will have more opportunity to do just that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Problem is most of them will claim they are being faithful to the Constitution when they make some of the bone headed rulings they do.

Liberal judges never claim to be faithful to the text of the Constitution, only to the "spirit" or "ideals", which, of course are open to interpretation in ways that the text is not. Last night, Judge Cavanaugh said a judge must "interpret the law, not make the law." You will not hear a liberal saying that.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Liberal judges never claim to be faithful to the text of the Constitution, only to the "spirit" or "ideals", which, of course are open to interpretation in ways that the text is not. Last night, Judge Cavanaugh said a judge must "interpret the law, not make the law." You will not hear a liberal saying that.

Jim's right. Got to know how to read the tracks.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

When he spoke those words along with "as it was written" (may be paraphrased) - I nudged my wife and said those are very important words.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Liberal judges never claim to be faithful to the text of the Constitution, only to the "spirit" or "ideals", which, of course are open to interpretation in ways that the text is not.
    Of course. I had this in the back of my mind when I worded my response the way I did.
    Last night, Judge Cavanaugh said a judge must "interpret the law, not make the law." You will not hear a liberal saying that.
    I heard that and we'll see how he plays that against his feelty towards precedence.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Precedent is important when there are 2 equally valid ways to decide a case (which can be fairly frequently). Much less so when the precedent is unsound.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Top Bottom