• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    http://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...m-forced-to-move-show-away-from-supreme-court

...Fox News anchor Shannon Bream moved a planned live program outside the Supreme Court to her studio on Monday, saying she felt "threatened" as protests began against President Trump's nomination of Brett Kavanaugh.

In a tweet, Bream described the mood outside the court as "volatile."

[FONT=&amp]
    Shannon Bream
    @ShannonBream​

Very few times I’ve felt threatened while out in the field. The mood here tonight is very volatile. Law enforcement appears to be closing down 1st Street in front of SCOTUS.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]6:31 PM - 9 Jul 2018
    [/FONT]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait.

Are "we" joining the chorus of "violence" including bad words and ugly sentiment?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Dispatches From The 'Tolerant' Left's War On Trump Supporters

7/09/2018

...Angry Opposition: Every day brings new examples of the supposedly open-minded, inclusive, tolerant, peace-loving left threatening or attacking Trump administration officials or Trump supporters. Hatred and intolerance has been standard operating procedure on the extreme left. But thanks to enablers among Democrats and the press, it's quickly becoming dangerously "mainstream."

Here are some of the ways in just the past few days that the left has expressed its tolerance for those it disagrees with:

On Friday, Martin Astrof went to the campaign headquarters of Rep. Lee Zeldin, and then threatened to kill Zeldin and Trump supporters generally, according to news accounts of the incident. As he left, he nearly ran over a campaign staffer with his car.
    An angry Trump critic allegedly punched a homeowner in Boynton Beach, Fla., for having a Trump flag in his front yard, and then dragged the homeowner 30 feet while driving away.

A bookstore owner in Richmond, Va., called the cops after a woman started harassing former Trump advisor Steven Bannon, who was browsing in the store. Former Clinton aide Philippe Reines later tweeted out the bookstore owner's contact information, in a thinly veiled attempt to encourage attacks on the store. Reines defended the tweet, saying, "I'm providing a service."

A group of "protesters" following Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell out of a restaurant in Kentucky shouted "vote you out" and "we know where you live, *****."...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Again, that's a mix of actual violence and not-violence. Are we accepting the Left's definition that "violence" includes bad words and ugly sentiment?

I just wanna be able to gauge the local snowflakism quotient.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Again, that's a mix of actual violence and not-violence. Are we accepting the Left's definition that "violence" includes bad words and ugly sentiment?

I thought those were micro aggressions? I can’t keep up.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Understand and agree with your sentiment but silence is sometimes misinterpreted as weakness. At what point are "we" (whomever "we" are) going to say "enough is enough"? How long do you let a bully verbally abuse you? How long until the bully starts throwing things at you? How long until the bully starts shoving you? At some point it will hit a critical mass and then all bets are off.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I thought those were micro aggressions? I can’t keep up.

Rhetorical battles (and some real ones) are won and lost based on definitions.

If we concede those to the Left, "our" chances of winning the "war" are greatly reduced.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    maxine-waters-speech.jpg

The ‘Resistance’ Continues Its Slide toward Violence

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When you say you are coming for Trump's granddaughter or going to kidnap his son and let him be raped by pedophiles, have you crossed a line?

4D8071AA00000578-0-image-a-200_1529616659876.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Understand and agree with your sentiment but silence is sometimes misinterpreted as weakness. At what point are "we" (whomever "we" are) going to say "enough is enough"? How long do you let a bully verbally abuse you? How long until the bully starts throwing things at you? How long until the bully starts shoving you? At some point it will hit a critical mass and then all bets are off.

First, sticks and stones and all that. I've been called all sorts of stuff in emotional situations. (And that's just on INGO.) ;)

Second, I think around here we have a pretty good sense of what's reasonable fear of bodily injury. I'll stick with that.

Third, I tend to think people whose income is derived from ratings/popularity tend to do things to increase their rating/popularity.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Well, I believe that your life must be endangered to the point that if you don't act then you could die. At least that's where I'm at. Threatening me with words I'll just keep walking and avoid the situation as much as possible. If it comes to the point that the physical threats have the ability to kill me, then they're taking a dirt nap

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, I believe that your life must be endangered to the point that if you don't act then you could die. At least that's where I'm at. Threatening me with words I'll just keep walking and avoid the situation as much as possible. If it comes to the point that the physical threats have the ability to kill me, then they're taking a dirt nap

You might want to rethink the first sentence in your post. By that standard a woman should yield to a rapist if he says he won't hurt her as long as he gets what he wants.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    You might want to rethink the first sentence in your post. By that standard a woman should yield to a rapist if he says he won't hurt her as long as he gets what he wants.

Might want to re-read my second sentence then. I'm speaking for myself. I'm not a woman and am not planning to get raped by a man:): But yes, I see what you're saying

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Words are nothing. Actions are something. Throw at me....advance on me......surround me......push me.....lights out somewhere in that process.
    If I am with my spouse you will not throw at me. You will not advance on me. Period. Same with my girls. Scream all you want. At a safe distance.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    At some point in time, people have to be accountable for their words. There was once an understanding of this, not so much now.

The entitlement crowd seems to be lacking an understanding that a polite society only goes so far. Eventually they will get held accountable for their words.

Top Bottom